PDA

View Full Version : Activities for kids 9 and 11

topmade
08-15-2014, 02:06 PM
I'll have to admit that I'm not the most exciting parent so what are some activities in and around the city that I can take my kids aged 9 and 11 to. I'll have a few days off next week and don't mind driving 2-3 hours somewhere. Some of the things I was thinking about was the corn maze but I'm not sure if that's a good idea since I have pretty bad allergies and my 9 year old boy has a bit as well. We might go to the rock climbing place as well. No camping or sight seeing places, just some place I can take the kids to, to let them have fun.

yellowsnow
08-15-2014, 02:19 PM
gokarting, white water rafting, mountain biking, atv'ing, horseback riding, just off the top of my head...

baygirl
08-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Skyline luge at C.O.P.

If they like the water:
The water park at sylvan lake if you don't mind spending $$$, or a cheaper alternative would be one of the leisure centers here in the city.

*edit: calaway park. You can usually find half price coupons online.

Robin Goodfellow
08-16-2014, 05:32 AM
The saskatoon farm is excellent... They have a great restaurant.... and a U pick..

They're south of Calgary near Okotoks.

schurchill39
08-16-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow
The saskatoon farm is excellent... They have a great restaurant.... and a U pick..

They're south of Calgary near Okotoks.

This! U pick for sure would be awesome.

What about the Telus Spark Science Center? Even as an adult that place is hella fun (yes I said hella). There is tons of activities for kids/adults and you're learning.

Graham_A_M
08-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Skyline Luge, or perhaps the Tyrell Museum in Drumheller if they like Dinosaurs.

Shaker's go karting by Glenmore & 100th ST SE has gas go karts, but their limited to 15-20kph, so their not too much to handle for kids your age. Its quite cheap too. IIRC $35/person for unlimited runs.