PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Road Rage by The Gutter Doctor

A790
08-16-2014, 08:07 AM
A guy in a Gutter Doctor truck cut me off on Mt McKenzie Dr SE attempting to make a single lane road a dual lane road. Given that there were cars parked in the "lane" he was in, I'm not too sure what he was trying to do, but whatever.

I honked on my horn after he nearly hit my car, at which point he gave me the finger and yelled a bunch of stuff. Pretty common stuff from drivers in Calgary.

However, when I pulled into my townhouse complex and parked to get the mail he decided it'd be a super-cool thing to do to accelerate his truck towards me (I was now out of the vehicle walking towards my mailbox). I was thinking "I hope this dude fuckin hits me" while he was driving straight at me simply because there was a dozen people around that would have seen it. But, he didn't hit me and stopped about 3" away from where I was standing.

After another round of calling me a faggot, cocksucker, etc. he then proceeded to drive across the street where he got up on a roof and started to measure the eaves. I thought it was pretty cool that he decided to make it look like he was going to run me over, and I thought it was even more cool that him driving like an entitled asshole makes me a faggot (at least, as far as he's concerned).

Real professional, bud.

CanmoreOrLess
08-16-2014, 08:13 AM
A call to the manager or better yet the owner of said business and problem gets sorted real fast. I'd also have taken his ladder as a token of war.

Here's a photo of some of the employees in Calgary, can you spot Waldo?:

http://gutterdoctor.ca/company.htm

A790
08-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
A call to the manager or better yet the owner of said business and problem gets sorted real fast. I'd also have taken his ladder as a token of war.
I've read a few reviews about the Gutter Doctor and a bunch of them talk about the manager being just as dickish as this asshole was.

TBH since in the end there wasn't a fight, my property wasn't damaged, etc. I don't feel the need to call the business to complain. What could possibly come of it? The driver gets a slap on the wrist? LOL I'll pass.

However, there are lots of good eavestroughing companies in Calgary so maybe someone considering The Gutter Doctor finds this thread and decides to hire someone else. That'd be a good outcome as far as I'm concerned. :)

HEY YOU, PERSON CONSIDERING HIRING THE GUTTER DOCTOR. DON'T. HIRE A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T EMPLOY HATEFUL BIGOTS AND ROAD-RAGE ROID-MONKEYS.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Here's a photo of some of the employees in Calgary, can you spot Waldo?:

http://gutterdoctor.ca/company.htm
No, but I did take a few pics of the truck, the douche on the roof (the guy who did all the screaming, obviously), and his license plate.

EDIT: The dude on the left looks like the guy from yesterday. That'd be hilarious if it was him.

The_Penguin
08-16-2014, 08:26 AM
I called them for a quote on some very minor work, since they had signs up in the neighborhood. Took forever to get a response, then the quote was really high. He called a few days later, and when I said it was a fair bit more than I wanted to pay, he was a dick about it.

I saw the guy up on a roof off of Mt. McKenzie, yesterday I think. Must have been the same guy.

A790
08-16-2014, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by The_Penguin
I called them for a quote on some very minor work, since they had signs up in the neighborhood. Took forever to get a response, then the quote was really high. He called a few days later, and when I said it was a fair bit more than I wanted to pay, he was a dick about it.

I saw the guy up on a roof off of Mt. McKenzie, yesterday I think. Must have been the same guy.
Yea I live in the townhouse complex directly in front of that house and that was Mr. Road Rager up there being all angry.

General consensus online is that this company resembles a giant bag of douche. That's what my experience has been too. At least they're consistent :)

kvg
08-16-2014, 08:34 AM
That's crazy that he would be that aggressive in a truck with a company name all over it. You should report him to the cops.

On a side note, I would have paid money to watch you "defend yourself" against that guy :devil:

A790
08-16-2014, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by kvg
That's crazy that he would be that aggressive in a truck with a company name all over it. You should report him to the cops.

On a side note, I would have paid money to watch you "defend yourself" against that guy :devil:
I was pretty sure when he was driving his truck towards me that I was going to have to. Maybe he lost his nerve when he got close to me? Who knows, but I can't see any other reason why someone would mash the gas and drive directly toward a pedestrian unless they were intending to start a fight.

Pics:

The totally awesome truck:
http://i.imgur.com/vbn6KC8.jpg

Mr. Road Rager himself:
http://i.imgur.com/oNS3OIK.jpg

blairtruck
08-16-2014, 08:41 AM
i would have had a new ladder.

A790
08-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by blairtruck
i would have had a new ladder.
Given that he just tried to run me over I felt it best to give Mr. Road Rager a wide berth. Dude is clearly unstable.

Look at how safely all that stuff is secured while he drives around town.
http://i.imgur.com/ojhZTbc.jpg

blairtruck
08-16-2014, 08:43 AM
shouldnt he be tied off. Call ohs

Env-Consultant
08-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Wow - good job keeping your cool - that guy definitely deserves to be slapped around a bit. I'm surprised he took it that far, most guys might flip you off and honk, but it usually ends there.

You do SEO work, correct? Why don't you call the manager and tell him you want a written apology, the driver to take an anger management course, and a defensive driving course (not unreasonable requests given his actions)... or you'll be absolutely destroying his business. A plethora of reviews, real or not, go a long way in causing a business to flourish or flop :thumbsup:

Could leave it alone too - the world balances itself out - I mean, the guy cleans gutters for a living.... that's enough punishment right there :rofl:

FraserB
08-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Should have pinched his ladder, then called OHS so he gets a nice fat ticket.

A790
08-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant
Wow - good job keeping your cool - that guy definitely deserves to be slapped around a bit. I'm surprised he took it that far, most guys might flip you off and honk, but it usually ends there.

You do SEO work, correct? Why don't you call the manager and tell him you want a written apology, the driver to take an anger management course, and a defensive driving course (not unreasonable requests given his actions)... or you'll be absolutely destroying his business. A plethora of reviews, real or not, go a long way in causing a business to flourish or flop :thumbsup:

Could leave it alone too - the world balances itself out - I mean, the guy cleans gutters for a living.... that's enough punishment right there :rofl:
I am an internet marketer, yes, but it's not really worth my time to go and fuck over the dudes business. That said, I've posted a few reviews (including this one).

I have a feeling we'll be hearing from the business one way or the other.

And I only kept my cool because had I reacted part of the blame would have been with me. I learned a long time ago that if you let someone incriminate themselves, like this assclown did, they will.

A790
08-16-2014, 09:39 AM
A few people have suggested I call the police. Would they even do anything in this case given that I've got nothing recorded? I thought my OjoCam was working but I was mistaken.

Paging phil?

kvg
08-16-2014, 09:45 AM
If you report him and give a statement they will more then likely charge him with dangerous driving.

Crazyjoker77
08-16-2014, 09:56 AM
If you really press the cops they will charge him with dangerous driving like kvg said. That being said just because hes charged it is unlikely in the end he will actually get convicted since it really is your word against his so it comes down to who the judge believes(and they generally don't go throwing around dangerous driving charges since it a pretty serious offence). Not only that since you are the one making the accusations your also gonna have to spend your day in court.

If you had a witness or a video it would of likely stuck but given the circumstances I think its a waste of your time.

max_boost
08-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Bro! If you didn't back out of the dash cam order you would have had him man!

Kloubek
08-16-2014, 11:24 AM
So, I gotta ask.... if he was working on a house right across the street, why not confront him when he parked?

mr2mike
08-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Talk to the neighbours. Go with another company and you should have packed his ladder up for him.

killramos
08-16-2014, 12:21 PM
:werd:

If he was doing as you said that's about as clear as daylight for threats.

Tbh especially with the reviews I would want this on file with the police since he now knows where you live.

The police take this very seriously and you could definitely get a conviction. You have as much evidence as basically any domestic violence case and you said yourself there were 16 people watching.

Douche canoes deserve to be cut off to drift..

The_Penguin
08-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Env-Consultant

You do SEO work, correct? Why don't you call the manager and tell him you want a written apology .... or you'll be absolutely destroying his business. A plethora of reviews, real or not, go a long way in causing a business to flourish or flop :thumbsup:

I think they're doing that just fine by themselves, judging from the guy I talked to, and some reviews.

Just like good old Rob Yost, self-inflicted bad publicity,
nothing like douchebaggery to sink a business.

A790
08-16-2014, 03:02 PM
So when I was telling the story to my brother he told me to call the police. A few others echo'd that sentiment, so I did. They are sending a unit over to get my statement and it sounds like they may want to press charges.

I love situations like this, where I did absolutely nothing wrong. It's rare that one party is 100% at-fault in a situation like this. I feel good knowing that I didn't respond to his aggression, trying to run me over, etc. because if this gets escalated he's got absolutely nothing on me.

Sometimes it feels good to be the guy who's always on the straight edge. LOL

The_Penguin
08-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Cool. Keep us posted.
I did a Google search on Gutter Doctor and Review. Not only did some bad reviews come up, so did this thread. :thumbsup:

kvg
08-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Bro! If you didn't back out of the dash cam order you would have had him man!

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd395/donmud/You-almost-had_zps02f33f54.jpg (http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/donmud/media/You-almost-had_zps02f33f54.jpg.html)

killramos
08-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by A790
So when I was telling the story to my brother he told me to call the police. A few others echo'd that sentiment, so I did. They are sending a unit over to get my statement and it sounds like they may want to press charges.

I love situations like this, where I did absolutely nothing wrong. It's rare that one party is 100% at-fault in a situation like this. I feel good knowing that I didn't respond to his aggression, trying to run me over, etc. because if this gets escalated he's got absolutely nothing on me.

Sometimes it feels good to be the guy who's always on the straight edge. LOL

Good on you. People who commit crimes deserve to be charged. You don't get to just go around threatening people any more. :thumbsup:

max_boost
08-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Curious to see what comes out of this. Waiting for gutter doctor to find this thread to make it more interesting lol

A790
08-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Talked with the cops. I'm not sure if this is worth pressing charges over, but at the very least it should make the guys day interesting.

CanmoreOrLess
08-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Can I buy the film rights to "The Gutter Doctor"? You know, if and when this escalates into a something larger. The title alone is pure gold. I'm open to casting recommendations. Nick Cage, don't even bother to call.

I had a like run-in with a driver for Shane Homes, he tried to run me off the road and spent the next ninety-seconds swerving to hit my car. Crap title, "Shane Homes". Put me off the builder to this day. Dash cams are now a must have in this spastic playground we call Calgary.

max_boost
08-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Talked with the cops. I'm not sure if this is worth pressing charges over, but at the very least it should make the guys day interesting.

Did he threaten you? Or was it just name calling?

Not downplaying what happened because him "almost" hitting you is a complete dick and reckless manoeuvre. But that's the problem, he "almost" did. Assholes should be punished but in this case, your word vs his, hopefully the cops gave him a firm talking.

botox
08-18-2014, 08:47 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the guy was the manager given that these are usually pretty small operations. My cousin has his own company that does the same work and it's just two guys. I think the way he carries the stuff in his vehicle already warrants a call to the police. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a company vehicle with that much advertising would need a commerical plate wouldn't it?

ExtraSlow
08-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Just because I'm sure this will come up in the google search for this comapny. I thought I would mention that I used to use Gutter Doctor to clean my gutters, but I new use Aqua Clean and they are less than half the price. They are excellent to deal with and I have had zero issues with them. I would heartily reccomend Aqua Clean for your gutter and window cleaning needs in Calgary Alberta.

n1zm0
08-18-2014, 09:02 AM
Pics:

The totally awesome truck:
http://i.imgur.com/vbn6KC8.jpg

Mr. Road Rager himself:
http://i.imgur.com/oNS3OIK.jpg

Ha weird, that's my old house right next to that salmon pink one he's working on.

Nothing to contribute though, stick it to the man!

A790
08-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Did he threaten you? Or was it just name calling?

Not downplaying what happened because him "almost" hitting you is a complete dick and reckless manoeuvre. But that's the problem, he "almost" did. Assholes should be punished but in this case, your word vs his, hopefully the cops gave him a firm talking.
Well, as the cop said, they are taking it seriously because he turned his truck into a weapon. The fact that he stopped inches from me is irrelevant (according to the cop I talked to). He said that it would be difficult to prove intent (whether he was trying to intimidate, wanted to run me over but changed his mind last minute, etc.). I said anything that we can do to be a pain in this guys ass is a win as far as I'm concerned.

This dude needs an "asshole" tax. I'm not on board with placing charges, but if he gets a fine or something for being a douche that'd be pretty hilarious.

I'd be embarrassed if I got fined for being a dick.

Originally posted by botox
It wouldn't surprise me if the guy was the manager given that these are usually pretty small operations. My cousin has his own company that does the same work and it's just two guys. I think the way he carries the stuff in his vehicle already warrants a call to the police. And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but a company vehicle with that much advertising would need a commerical plate wouldn't it?
He's actually the franchisee. Gutter Doctor is a franchise based business. This guy owns a franchise (there are three in Calgary). Hilariously, I was easily able to find all sorts of information on him once I learned that little tidbit.

It's pretty clear to me he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

A790
08-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Hmm, this thread is the top of page two on Google when you search for "the Gutter Doctor" and the bottom of page one on Google when you search for "the Gutter Doctor Calgary."

I suspect we'll be hearing from our enraged franchisee soon enough :)

mr2mike
08-18-2014, 11:22 AM
To get to this site, I just go to google.ca and type in "Gutter Doctor Calgary". Then I find the link from there about the road rage and I find it easier than going through the whole beyond forum to look for it.

Graham_A_M
08-18-2014, 11:32 AM
He's actually the franchisee. Gutter Doctor is a franchise based business. This guy owns a franchise (there are three in Calgary). Hilariously, I was easily able to find all sorts of information on him once I learned that little tidbit.

It's pretty clear to me he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Dude, anybody that cleans gutters for a living in a city like Calgary, Im surprised this is news to you. :rofl: :rofl:

GQBalla
08-18-2014, 11:35 AM
hope he gets what he deserves.

DENZILDON
08-18-2014, 11:56 AM
In before Gutter Doctor chimes in with a lawyer threat!

A790
08-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Dude, anybody that cleans gutters for a living in a city like Calgary, Im surprised this is news to you. :rofl: :rofl:
I dunno man, I don't see it any differently than I see carpet cleaning (and related). I made a good $70+/hr when I carpet cleaned and I'm not a dumb dude either.

These guys charge hundreds of dollars for a few hours worth of work. Seems decent to me. :)

ExtraSlow
08-18-2014, 01:44 PM
The ROI on gutter cleaning is approaching Raking. it's that lucrative.

mrsingh
08-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Just because I'm sure this will come up in the google search for this comapny. I thought I would mention that I used to use Gutter Doctor to clean my gutters, but I new use Aqua Clean and they are less than half the price. They are excellent to deal with and I have had zero issues with them. I would heartily reccomend Aqua Clean for your gutter and window cleaning needs in Calgary Alberta.

Just booked with these guys based on your review, thanks ExtraSlow!

As for A790, sucks you had to deal with that situation. Hopefully this starts the process for him to get what's coming to him.

ExtraSlow
08-18-2014, 02:45 PM
I thought perhaps people would find this thread, and while I have nothing negative to say about gutter Doctor, it's always helpful to have another option.

Aqua Clean has been prompt, professional, and very reasonably priced in my experience. They are my "go-to" choice for gutter and window cleaning in Calgary.

thetransporter
08-18-2014, 05:39 PM
wow