PDA

View Full Version : Gun scare in Cochrane

mr2mike
08-18-2014, 08:05 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/city+police+helicopter+dispatched+cochrane/10126340/story.html

Clearly everyone's on high alert after what happened down East.

Sugarphreak
08-18-2014, 08:08 AM

mr2mike
08-18-2014, 08:11 AM
A relative was passing through the area at the time.
She said, cops with shotty's along Hwy 22 as it goes through town.

Darell_n
08-18-2014, 08:16 AM
It was down my street and the RCMP wouldn't let me return home for a few hours last night. Apparently some kid got his ass kicked at the Texas Gate earlier and went out for revenge. Meh.

FraserB
08-18-2014, 08:22 AM
What a fool. Until he actually ignored the police, he was probably not breaking the law so long as the gun wasn't actually loaded.

darthVWader
08-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Ben Laslo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/bobmarley65487?fref=ts

Word I'm getting is he had a crossbow on him and a large knife.

Lex350
08-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by darthVWader
Ben Laslo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/bobmarley65487?fref=ts

Word I'm getting is he had a crossbow on him and a large knife.

hahaha..what a douche!

Kloubek
08-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Looking at the guy's Facebook, he's not quite "normal". I found the video with the guitar rather eerie.

freshprince1
08-18-2014, 09:51 AM
The picture of the large tactical knife with the sticker, 'F*** the police" won't be doing him any favours, if this was the guy.

rx7boi
08-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Wow, what a fucking loser haha.

His friends sound like chumps too.

spike98
08-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Then went crashing through a chainlink fence with an armored SUV?
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/cms/binary/10126388.jpg

Sounds like the RCMP scared everybody more than the guy with the gun :rofl:

Passed this on the 22 right before the 567 turn-off. Made me double take for sure. Knew something was up.

xnvy
08-18-2014, 10:34 AM
OMFG. I have a story about Benjamin Laslo. Haha.
Last year my friend and I had just made it back to the U of C after watching Pain & Gain. We're on the train and we see this drunk guy walk through our part followed by his girlfriend who is swearing under her breath and trying to get him to sit down. Then as we get off at U of C station and head up the stairs Benjamin books it up the stairs and blows past us leaving his girlfriend and his passport behind in the process. My friend picks up the passport and we give chase and hand it back to him. This drunk bastard then thanks us, asks us our names, and says to had him on Facebook, "Benjamin Laslo, aka Lazylow," and then he turns and leaves. We go to leave but then he stops my friend and rips the ID page out of his passport and gives it to my friend before leaving. At that point we just gave it back to him and his girlfriend took the passport away. That was one of the weirdest random encounters I've ever had. I'll never forget that, he was crazy. :nut: Still surprised as hell to see him at the centre of this kind of incident.

Stephen81
08-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Watched the police helicopter circle over that part of town last night and hummed the 'Cops' theme song. Interested to hear what he 'actually' was carrying.

TheStigz
08-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Two sides to the story.

According to "witnesses" on his facebook page:

Brandon Burnett- "Let me get this right. Some one that is to much of a pussy can't stand toe to toe to fight. But yet turns when he Is not looking and that he was drunk. Smashed his skull. Thats okay right."

Reading other plagued grammatical posts between his friends it seems he got knocked out for no apparent reason and took revenge.

But in all seriousness where was the police on this? Did it just get dismissed and kid lashed out to get his own revenge? :dunno:

Ben Jammin Laslo
16 August
Do we really live in a place where you can just beat someone half to death and get away with it! wTF Cockrane

Ben Jammin Laslo
16 August
I woke up at the hospital with a broken most and a cracked skull, who was the asshole from the gate that attacked mr?

Stephen81
08-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by TheStigz
[B]Two sides to the story.

I think the bar assult only took place Friday(?) night so I don't know what he was expecting the police to do in the span of two days. But anyone that has been to the Texas Gate at either its current or past location knows fights aren't uncommon. Interesting seeing what people are posting on his public Facebook, apparently unconcerned at what implications it may have for themselves or the suspect.

TheStigz
08-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Stephen81

I think the bar assult only took place Friday(?) night so I don't know what he was expecting the police to do in the span of two days. But anyone that has been to the Texas Gate at either its current or past location knows fights aren't uncommon. Interesting seeing what people are posting on his public Facebook, apparently unconcerned at what implications it may have for themselves or the suspect.

That's nuts. I never been to that bar so to say. Clearly there was issues leading up what happened. Possible mental issues on top.
Clearly, his "friends" are also in need of some evaluation if they believe "justice in their own hands" is the correct way to solve issues.

darthVWader
08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TheStigz
Two sides to the story.

From what I have read on his FB no one saw him get beat up. Maybe he just fell of his bar stool? Maybe the RCMP are looking into it? Lots of what if's.

D. Dub
08-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Based on the guitar video. If he got a beating at the bar, he likely asked for it. Probably even asked a few times.

rx7_turbo2
08-18-2014, 06:45 PM
The consensus I've heard is this guy was a pretty unstable nut job for awhile, and when his name was released nobody was all that surprised to hear his name.

Sentry
08-18-2014, 06:58 PM
:dunno:

Worked at my workplace for about a month, but like three years ago. Seemed pretty cool.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed for sure. I think that's all this was, just a dumb guy kneejerk reaction to being pissed off about getting your ass kicked. Happens all the time, just not to this extent.