PDA

View Full Version : Review: Francis Del Rosario, Lexus of Calgary

A790
08-18-2014, 03:16 PM
TL;DR - Had the best sales experience of my life with Francis Del Rosario at Lexus of Calgary (in the auto mall). Professional, respectful, and took (and continues to take) great care of us. Highly recommended.

My wife and I were looking for a late model IS 350 AWD, originally wanting something in the 2010 - 2013 model year range. Francis arranged two test drives of vehicles that he had. We took 'em out and left saying "we'll be in touch".

He got in touch with us about a week later saying he had a 2013 that fit our needs perfectly. Went in, drove it, liked it... but wasn't quite "sold" on it. While in the showroom I sat in a new IS 250. Mistake #1, right there.

Next thing you know I'm driving a 2014 IS 350 AWD. Awesome. Great interior. Sounds fantastic. Enjoying it. I mentioned that I was hoping it'd be a bit more "sporty", so we hop into a 2014 IS 350 F-Sport. Now this is more like it.

We leave, saying we need to think on it.

Up until this point Francis has been no-pressure, no-BS, no drama, etc. He says sure and mentions that he's always available when we need him.

I message him two days later and say that I'd like to drive the IS again. No problem. He arranges a time and off we go (not before the on-site barista makes me a sweet latte, mmm). Have an enjoyable drive again. Francis didn't say a single word the entire time- just let my wife and I chat. Very nice. We get back to the dealer and say "we'll be in touch".

Four days later I message him again and say that I'd like to play with the infotainment system in more detail. "No problem", says Francis. He brings the car to my house at 9 am on a Saturday morning (my request) and we go for yet another drive (this is the third drive we've been on now in this model, test drive #6 in total).

Again, Francis lets my wife and I do the talking. As we're driving I decide "fuck it, let's just buy the damn thing" and so we cruise over to the dealer and sign the paperwork.

During the negotiation process he was low-key, no-BS, etc. Got us the trade amount we wanted, took a bit off the MSRP. Least frustrating experience ever.

Delivery was smooth. He wasn't there (bad timing) but he made sure we were taken care of. Called/txt'd after delivery to make sure we were happy, asked if we needed anything, etc.

He also gifted us a cargo net and cargo liner. :)

A few days ago we went back to the dealer with a minor fit and finish issue. Francis took one look at it and said "we'll get you a new one" (referring to the relevant panel) and made the necessary arrangements. Again, no bullshit, just made sure to take care of us. Very cool.

All in all, he took us on 6 test drives without asking for any kind of deposit. He never pressured us, didn't feed us any bullshit sales lines... nothing. A pleasant experience from start to finish.

He earned my business and if you're looking for a new car he's worth talking to.

Thanks Francis!

EDIT: Pics

http://i.imgur.com/EcvBLVo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hv1UkdX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/84MJ5pl.jpg

Sugarphreak
08-18-2014, 03:26 PM

mrsingh
08-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Echoes my experience at Lexus of Calgary, although I had a different salesperson. Just an overall great place to deal with! ;)

shakalaka
08-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Post pics of the new car. Congrats.

spiceboy
08-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Hah ... I'm getting the same car, but my experience hasn't been as smooth as yours. I'm not sure what went wrong ....

spiceboy
08-18-2014, 04:47 PM
In addition to the trouble finding and securing the car that we want, it has been unsuccessful to request for a loaner car for 2 weeks. We are trading in our old car as well, and I told them I will not be driving it between now and the day I pick up the new one. I am careful that way. Anyway I asked Lexus for a loaner for the time being but I've been told the "manager" is reluctant to do it for such an extended period of time.

I thought after much disappointment during the car picking process they would try to compensate me for something, and in this case something that doesn't even cost them money.

Perhaps I was having too high of an expectation from new car purchase or Lexus?

Not blaming anyone here. No one is doing anything wrong here. I just thought Lexus is all about service, and sometimes may "bend" rules a bit to kick up that customer satisfaction a notch.

Sorry about hijacking your thread.

max_boost
08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Awesome. Enjoy your new car!

That's how a car buying experience should be.

Asian_defender
08-18-2014, 05:11 PM
And this is why I drive a Lexus!!!!
I'm pretty sure Francis use to be a service advisor, was always on top of his game.

Glad to hear you've have a good experience with him as well.:clap: :clap:

I am giving Royal Oak a shot to check out how the service there compares. Will report back after

A790
08-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by spiceboy
In addition to the trouble finding and securing the car that we want, it has been unsuccessful to request for a loaner car for 2 weeks. We are trading in our old car as well, and I told them I will not be driving it between now and the day I pick up the new one. I am careful that way. Anyway I asked Lexus for a loaner for the time being but I've been told the "manager" is reluctant to do it for such an extended period of time.

I thought after much disappointment during the car picking process they would try to compensate me for something, and in this case something that doesn't even cost them money.

Not blaming anyone here. No one is doing anything wrong here. I just thought Lexus is all about service, and sometimes may "bend" rules a bit to kick up that customer satisfaction a notch.

Requesting a loaner car for two weeks would be a tough one man. It doesn't surprise me that they're reluctant to give it to you.

J.M.
08-18-2014, 06:07 PM

If anything happened to your car wouldn't insurance take care of it? Don't see why they would give you a loaner car at all since they usually don't take your car until you pick your new one up.

know1edge
08-18-2014, 06:35 PM

A790
08-18-2014, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

We regularly have people take ours for months :nut:
Before the sale has been completed? :)

A790
08-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Post pics of the new car. Congrats.
Doneso :)

mrsingh
08-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

We regularly have people take ours for months :nut:

I have a close relative who was given two separate loaners over a two month period back in 2010 while they waited for their new 2011 Lexus to come in. They needed a loaner because the lease was up on their last vehicle and they had already turned it in (different brand).

Maybe they don't do that anymore?

spiceboy
08-18-2014, 08:45 PM
They are not obligated to do me a favor. I get that. I'm just asking for a favor and hoping that they would oblige to make me a happy customer.

A790
08-18-2014, 08:58 PM
They are not obligated to do me a favor. I get that. I'm just asking for a favor and hoping that they would oblige to make me a happy customer.
Yea fair enough.

Stephen81
08-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Asian_defender

I am giving Royal Oak a shot to check out how the service there compares. Will report back after

Had a great experience with Royal Oak. A790, no interior pics haha? What color did you get inside?

Here's a gratuitous pic of mine, once I saw this interior on the website I was sold...it's not as 'bright' red IRL.

nj2Type-S
08-18-2014, 09:05 PM
congrats on the new car! that new front bumper is growing on me more and more!

A790
08-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Stephen81

Had a great experience with Royal Oak. A790, no interior pics haha? What color did you get inside?

Here's a gratuitous pic of mine, once I saw this interior on the website I was sold...it's not as 'bright' red IRL.
Same interior as yours. I don't have any good shots so I figure stock images do a better job :P

We got the F-Sport AWD Executive. Really enjoying it so far. :D

Stephen81
08-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by A790

Same interior as yours. I don't have any good shots so I figure stock images do a better job :P

We got the F-Sport AWD Executive. Really enjoying it so far. :D

Good choice! I couldn't upgrade beyond the basic F-Sport package because the sunroof cut into my headroom. Would have liked to get the Backup/Nav and Mark Levinson audio. Enjoy that heated steering wheel too this winter :love:

A790
08-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Stephen81

Good choice! I couldn't upgrade beyond the basic F-Sport package because the sunroof cut into my headroom. Would have liked to get the Backup/Nav and Mark Levinson audio. Enjoy that heated steering wheel too this winter :love:
Mark Levinson audio is alright. Needs more low end, I'm going to add a sub I think.

And I luv me a heated steering wheel lol

spiceboy
08-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Damn. So you got my white on red executive. LOL.
Really love that red. Hope I can get used to the black interior. Haha.
Now that I've saved some money going for the Premium pkg, may opt for the F-sport exhaust.

A790
08-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Damn. So you got my white on red executive. LOL.
Really love that red. Hope I can get used to the black interior. Haha.
Now that I've saved some money going for the Premium pkg, may opt for the F-sport exhaust.
LOL I took delivery two weeks ago and nabbed this car because someone's financing had fallen through and it was available. Was that you?

If so... that's seriously shitty but also kind of hilarious (from my point of view).

taemo
08-18-2014, 09:42 PM
does Francis drive a metallic IS350?

A790
08-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by taemo
does Francis drive a metallic IS350?
I don't know what he drives actually.

taemo
08-18-2014, 09:44 PM
if he's a skinny flip then he's my buddy's cousin.

edit: ah yes he is indeed my friend's cousin, i'll forward this thread to him :thumbsup:

spiceboy
08-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Nah wasn't me. I went in last Tuesday night and still don't have a car as of now. Just sour that I went for the same color combo + pkg, but I was told nothing left in entire Canada. Oh well :banghead:

shakalaka
08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Sorry about your misfortune spice boy, perhaps you should wait until you can find exactly what you're after. No point in 'settling' cause you might not be happy in the long run.

And A790, the car looks absolutely sick! Great choice, I've never owned a Lexus but the new one's look good. Love the exterior choice, my favourite by far but I am biased.:D

natty54
08-18-2014, 11:52 PM
beauty of car! I love the new styling

know1edge
08-19-2014, 08:08 AM

mrsingh
08-19-2014, 08:39 AM

Doneso :)

Car looks sharp! :hitit:

BokCh0y
08-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Francis is in sales now? I dealt with him in service a bunch of times. Great kid, excellent customer service for sure, took care of me quite well. Think he's also a tennis pro iirc. One of the other peeps was mentioning to me.

Ive dealt with Shiraz for my last few purchases, great salesman as well.

I want the is350 but won't happen for a couple years now......shitty for me.

I heard the old general manager Kevin something got canned, and the dealership has made a 180 in how they do business. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had stopped going to them and started driving across the city to hit up lax royal oak. Looks like I will be heading back now.

Congrats btw. Pimp lookin is.

A790
08-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Francis is in sales now? I dealt with him in service a bunch of times. Great kid, excellent customer service for sure, took care of me quite well. Think he's also a tennis pro iirc. One of the other peeps was mentioning to me.

Ive dealt with Shiraz for my last few purchases, great salesman as well.

I want the is350 but won't happen for a couple years now......shitty for me.

I heard the old general manager Kevin something got canned, and the dealership has made a 180 in how they do business. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had stopped going to them and started driving across the city to hit up lax royal oak. Looks like I will be heading back now.

Congrats btw. Pimp lookin is.
Yea Francis mentioned he just moved to sales from service. Maybe the experience was so good because sales hasn't jaded him yet? :poosie:

But yea man, can't recommend him or the dealer enough. Every time I go in there I leave feeling happy about something.

max_boost
08-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Did you pay cash :D

A790
08-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Did you pay cash :D
HELOC.

Asian_defender
08-19-2014, 02:03 PM

HELOC.