PDA

View Full Version : Review: Pho Kim

Ajay
03-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Food 4/5
Service 3/5
Ambience 3/5

Pho Kim off of Center St and 16th Ave in the NW. Close to the Brick.

Really good food along with a fairly attentive staff.

Been going there for awhile and went again tonight. For a large bowl of Pho Sate and 4 spring rolls cost roughly $15 with a decent tip. Still full.....love that stuff!

Strider
03-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Food 4/5
Service 4/5
Ambiance 3/5

Still my favorite pho place... it's fairly clean, the food is good, generous portions, and good price.

Weapon_R
03-04-2004, 12:42 AM
My favorite so far.

benyl
03-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Our family goes there most Sunday's after church. It is pretty good.

sputnik
03-04-2004, 08:37 AM
You forgot one rating...

Company Name: 5.5/5! (remember kids "Pho" is pronounced "Fah")

Good place... I used to go there when it was on 17th ave SW.

EacydeLude
03-04-2004, 09:52 AM
That place is OK..although I question the cleanliness.. One time I was standing near the front door waiting to be seated and one of the women waitresses was cleaning the counters with a damp dirty looking rag. Through out this "cleaning" process she gave a big sigh (It was hot out that day) and proceeded to take off her slippers, In amazement I watched her wipe the bottom of both her stinky sweaty feet. She then put her slippers back on and finished wiping up. :barf: I dont think she saw me because when she turned around she had a surprised sort of funny grin on her face. :eek:

Hollywood
03-04-2004, 10:37 AM
I dont like pho kim much myself. But I only get the vermi noodle dishes at all pho places I go. I hate soup.

Altezza
03-04-2004, 12:23 PM
This place has gone down the tubes after th new mgmt. There's not taste in anything anymore.

kkcool6
03-04-2004, 12:29 PM
New Management? There is no new management there, I know the family that owns the restaurnat and trust me there is now new management. Change of staff often that is for sure

thich
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
i've eaten there once... it's pretty decent for a downtown place.

sexualbanana
03-04-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

(remember kids "Pho" is pronounced "Fah")

"Fuh"

Altezza
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by kkcool6
New Management? There is no new management there, I know the family that owns the restaurnat and trust me there is now new management. Change of staff often that is for sure

Hehe, alright, my bad for jumping to a conclusion. But the food sux there now compared to before. Maybe new cook??

JAYMEZ
03-04-2004, 06:09 PM
I used to go there alot with my friends , and we have found it pretty damn dirty , but the food is good .

Ben
03-04-2004, 10:50 PM
All pho places are dirty except for Phong Vi and Bagolac, but they are about 25-50% more expensive however it evens out. I'm white though so I'll pay more for clenliness. I'm stereotyped anyways so whatever. Some places say whitewashed places have shitty food, but to me it tastes better irregardless if I am in a clean environment.

I've been to Ph Kim a few times...its average.

lam-boy
03-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

"Fuh"

I think he meant

FAH-Kim

fah-king

fucking
haha anyways.

Ben
03-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

I think he meant

FAH-Kim

fah-king

fucking
haha anyways.

that was fuh-king lame.:thumbsdow

Weapon_R
03-05-2004, 02:15 AM
I thought it was "FAH-KIM", like "FUCK HIM"

TomTom
03-05-2004, 02:58 AM
i like La Da in forrestlawn by the hooker hangout lol go there atleast once a week, they got really cool tables too

sexualbanana
03-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by TomTom
i like La Da in forrestlawn by the hooker hangout lol go there atleast once a week, they got really cool tables too

You don't go for the food! You like it for the convenient location! :rofl:

ApexDrift
03-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ben
All pho places are dirty except for Phong Vi and Bagolac, but they are about 25-50% more expensive however it evens out. I'm white though so I'll pay more for clenliness.

:werd: im chinese and i would pay more for clenliness! the only place that i really like which isnt to clean is "lea da" (dont remember how to spell it) and the place right across form it on 17th se...

pho kim got played out when i was in high school, its just a really convienet place

sml
03-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift

pho kim got played out when i was in high school, its just a really convienet place

So a restaruant can get "played out" now??? So you're telling me if the food is still good and everyone goes there to eat, that's the reason why you won't go there anymore??? :dunno: Good call! Way to screw your own stomach and taste buds! :thumbsup:

ApexDrift
03-05-2004, 12:41 PM
sorry i guess played out wasnt the best choice of words... what i want to say is that the food got worse, smaller portions, price went up... the food there isnt that great anyways...

BebeAphrodite
03-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Ben
All pho places are dirty except for Phong Vi and Bagolac, but they are about 25-50% more expensive however it evens out. I'm white though so I'll pay more for clenliness.

Originally posted by ApexDrift

:werd: im chinese and i would pay more for clenliness!

I agree... I also find that when you pay for cleanliness, you lose flavor.. but I don't mind... I'd rather lose the flavor and not have to eat strange items.

Strider
03-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Saigon Passion is the best pho I've had at a "Clean" pho place

Ben
03-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

I'd rather lose the flavor and not have to eat strange items.

hahahaha, whenever I went to Ho Lan I would ask for a side plate specifically to place those "Strange Items" on.

Ajay
03-06-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Strider
Saigon Passion is the best pho I've had at a "Clean" pho place

Is that the one by Westhills?

Strider
03-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Ajay

Is that the one by Westhills?

No, it's up in 'Falconridge' (i think)