PDA

View Full Version : Sell Me On A Phone!!

xnvy
08-19-2014, 06:20 PM
So on Thursday I'm finally going to Rogers and replacing my iPhone 4 which I've had since it came out. I like its size, aesthetics, and how easy it is to use as well as all the apps I can easily get. I'm looking for something similar that is hopefully a bit faster but definitely has longer battery life.

After talking with a few friends I've heard about the HTC One and Nexus 5 numerous times. I however, know nothing about phones and they didn't really tell me anything about those two except that I should buy them. Can you guys tell me some things you like and also some gripes with your phones?

J.M.
08-19-2014, 06:25 PM
If you can wait a couple weeks, Apple is apparently going to be announcing the iPhone 6 on Sep. 9. Maybe worth the wait?

Best bang for buck phone is Nexus 5 if you're buying it directly from Google. If you're getting it from Rogers probably costs a bit more.

A790
08-19-2014, 06:26 PM
I have an HTC One, looking to move to the new iPhone when it releases. I've had iOS, Android. WP7/8. I prefer the iOS ecosystem for what I actually use my phone for.

The new iPhone has a sapphire screen meaning it shouldn't scratch much, if at all. This alone makes the phone worth it for me. Plus, the phone will be fast/apps/etc.etc. That's what I'd do were I you: wait 6 weeks or so and replace it then.

If you aren't looking to move to a new iPhone (and wait about 6 weeks or so) I'd look into the HTC One X, which is a better version of the HTC One (which is easily the best phone I've ever had). Metal body, great hardware, great sound quality, excellent screen, fast performance... it's pretty great.

Mitsu3000gt
08-19-2014, 06:29 PM
N5 now, or wait for the N6 in Oct/Nov.

A N5 is only $350, and you will never be on a contract ever again. Buy one now, enjoy it, and sell it for most of what you paid for in a few months should one of the new phones interest you. Win/win.

Been using a N5 for nearly a year now with zero complaints. Dead simple, instant-everything fast, amazing screen, flawless google integration, and none of the issues my iPhone 4S is plagued with (slow, battery life, iTunes, garbage screen, etc.). Everything just "works". Once you're on the Nexus train, upgrades are $150-200 every year when you sell your previous phone, because their phones are dirt cheap.

xnvy
08-19-2014, 06:30 PM
I didn't even know the 6 was coming out. Felt like the 5 just came out lol. I'll probably just wait it out then. Too familiar with iOS and I don't like change! :rofl:

Although the HTC that A790 mentioned looks appealing.

EDIT: The Nexus' (Nexii?) seem really good too. I don't really like to go through phones that much so the cheap upgrades don't really matter too much but the speed seems enticing.

EDIT 2: Reading > Me. I'm now going to go through all your helpful replies!

Redlined_8000
08-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Im in the same boat... Got a Galaxy S3 with a faulty charging port. Need to upgrade. Dont feel like going back to Samsung after this crap lol. I have to swap the battery every time.

dj_rice
08-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by xnvy

I think I'll wait it out until the HTC One X comes out. See how that is, if I don't like I'll grab an iPhone 6.

The HTC One X is already out? It came out in 2012.

The newest HTC is HTC One M8 which is what I currently have. I upgraded from my HTC One S to the M8. I've been a HTC user for awhile now, had a HTC 8925 Tilt, HTC Sensation and now the newest one and its awesome. Love the build quality on it. Super fast, awesome speakers, meh camera, big screen (still small compared to Note 3/4)

Even the HTC One M7 is pretty good still.

If you like Windows-based, the M8 Windows version comes out tomorrow.

Otherwise, the most popular phones currently are, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and then the one makes noise lately is the OnePlus One (need invite to buy)

Mar
08-19-2014, 10:56 PM
The good thing about the Nexus line is that it's from Google itself so these are the first phones to get the latest updates. Otherwise you have to wait a month or two for your carrier to release their customized version of the update. Another good thing about these phones is that they're affordable, just over half the price of some other phones.

The downside to these phones is that they're not as good as the latest and greatest, the hardware in them simply isn't able to perform like the top phone manufacturers. You'll definitely notice a loss in quality from an iPhone.

HTC makes pretty good phones and they're technically better than what Samsung has on the market but the Samsung interface is so polished that I had a HTC and literally bought a Samsung within 1 hour of using someone else's. It's that good. I'm very particular about my phones, my girlfriend used to have a Galaxy S2, now she has a Galaxy S4. I've got the Galaxy S3 and soon I think I'm going to jump to the Note 4 when it comes out.

Sony is putting out garbage.
LG is putting out garbage.
iPhones I'd be embarrassed to be seen with.
HTC is very good but Id on't like the interface as much as Samsung
Nexus is good but the hardware is lacking and the price reflects it

One more good point about the Nexus is that you can load a native version of the Ubuntu phone operating system on it, that's cool. That's something your friends won't have for sure.

ReflexFX
08-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Nexus bang for buck. I've been using it since the day it came out and I can't say I've had any complaints. Most if not all of the bugs on the phone have been patched with updates, and you can't really go wrong with the price. If you're an average Joe, the Nexus is plenty.

Sdeibert
08-20-2014, 12:52 AM
I've done nothing but iPhones (jailbroken always)

The Nexus 5 my cousin has been the only phone that made me think about switching. I tried Samsungs and found the screens weren't responsive enough. But that N5 is beautiful, better then my iphone 5S in terms of feel. Screen touch seems to be same as iDevices and no jailbreak required to get a widget or to theme the phone!

asd913
08-20-2014, 12:58 AM
If your happy with iOS, wait for the iphone 6. But you should be aware that whatever iphone you get will feel sluggish when the next new one comes out. It's alleged that Apple purposely slows older phones with each new iOS so that Apple can sell it's customers newest versions. Here is an article to give you some sense of what I'm ranting about.

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-intentionally-slowing-older-iphones-buy-ones-155300252.html

I switched to android after my iphone 3g's when I heard how iOS was causing it to be sluggish. The android os has it's positives and negatives. But I've found that they have done a great job fixing and innovating over time.

IMO, the HTC One M8 Google Play Edition is superior to everything out there. It has a super-fast pure android experience and it gets updates almost as fast as Nexus phones. Plus it's battery life of over a day under very intensive use (almost two days on standard use).

Any HTC One M8 can be converted to a GPE. I highly recommend it over anything out there now.

schocker
08-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Nexus is generally best as you can buy it out. Nexus 6 is rumored to be release October 31 like last year for the N5. I have had an N4 and N5 and love them, the N6 will be made by motorola this time instead of LG. If you want to go on contract grab iphone 6 then if you like ios.

D'z Nutz
08-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by schocker
the N6 will be made by motorola this time instead of LG.

Where did you hear that? Everything I've read suggests it'll be made by HTC.

To add to the discussion, I love my Nexus 4 and the whole Nexus line in general. No unnecessary manufacturer bloatware, first models to get OS updates, and they are unlocked so you're not bound to any provider. Hell, I still have my Nexus S that I keep around as a backup.

avishal26
08-20-2014, 08:42 AM
Surprised that no one has mentioned a OnePlus One yet. If you can get your hands on one that is lol (invite system for now - possibly open in late September)

It is $350US unlocked for a 64GB version and it has pretty much top of the shelf hardware. It is bigger than a Nexus though (or any other smartphone for that matter).

I have my OnePlus and I love it. It's been almost 8 years since I have been able to last more than 2 days on a cellphone without charging. Great screen and incredibly fast phone. It does not have the bloatware you get from Samsung or HTC. (I used to have an HTC)

My wife's work phone is a Samsung S4. The oneplus is a thousand times faster (I know the S4 is older but still...) The Samsung software is nice to use until it slows down the phone...

The_Penguin
08-20-2014, 09:04 AM
I was seriously considering moving from iPhone to Android when I got the iPhone 5.

Mrs. Penguin convinced me to stay iPhone, then when hers was up she got a Samsung. :dunno:

I've played with it and find it very un-intuitive finding where certain things are. I suppose I'd get used to it.

I'm definitely going to try a Oneplus. Looks like an amazing phone, unlocked and far less expensive than an iDevice. I'd love to be able to get sims for the U.S. and Mexico. Never was too comfortable unlocking my iDevice...

Do you have any invites? ;)

GQBalla
08-20-2014, 09:22 AM
iPhone

i have had an abundant number of android, blackberry and iPhones

Yet i always come back to iPhone. Why? I hate dealing with updates. Android you have to pick it apart, if you download a movie player or some other app you have to tell it use this just once or always. Last few times i was on android i just used stock OS, before i would always flash new roms, then find annoyances.

I find it to be very annoying all these little things. Battery life is atrocious. Update here Update there. Do this Do that.

In the end i just want something simple and works. iPhone for me.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Where did you hear that? Everything I've read suggests it'll be made by HTC.

To add to the discussion, I love my Nexus 4 and the whole Nexus line in general. No unnecessary manufacturer bloatware, first models to get OS updates, and they are unlocked so you're not bound to any provider. Hell, I still have my Nexus S that I keep around as a backup.

Motorola making the N6 is the latest rumor based on the code name "Shamu" that has showed up at test benches and some presentations.

Specs are expected to be 5.2" 2560X1440 resolution, Snapdragon 805 CPU @ 2.7Ghz, 3BG RAM, Adreno 420 GPU, and 13MP camera.

Nothing is for sure yet, but it is a very reasonable, believable rumor based on the size, specs, etc.

http://www.antutu.com/view.shtml?id=7931

The Nexus 8/9 "Volantis" device will be made by HTC, for sure.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
iPhone

i have had an abundant number of android, blackberry and iPhones

Yet i always come back to iPhone. Why? I hate dealing with updates. Android you have to pick it apart, if you download a movie player or some other app you have to tell it use this just once or always. Last few times i was on android i just used stock OS, before i would always flash new roms, then find annoyances.

I find it to be very annoying all these little things. Battery life is atrocious. Update here Update there. Do this Do that.

In the end i just want something simple and works. iPhone for me.

That does not at all accurately describe the Android experience. Also Nexus 5 battery life is incredible, 24-48 hours easily unless your an extremely heavy user.

With your movie player example, what is wrong with having the option of using multiple movie players? If you want to keep picking what player to use, you keep picking off the list which takes 0.1 seconds when you open a movie. If you want to always use the same player, you can tell it that, and it will never ask you again, treating it as the default. Best of both worlds. It will only ask you that if you have two or more apps that perform the same function (eg. browsers, media players). It's so much more flexible. You can also change default apps like texting apps, email, etc. to anything you want.

The app updates are exactly the same as with Apple, not sure what differences you're seeing there. I use an iPhone and N5 side by side every day.

sabad66
08-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Wait for the iphone 6 before you make a decision. Sept 9 is just around the corner.

My 5 (not 5s) still runs fast after 2 years. Can't say the same about any android i've used. Those things slow to a crawl after a year or two of use. and since it sounds like you keep your phones for a long time, this is key.

I'll be upgrading to the iphone 6 when it comes out.. mostly because of the bigger screen.

georgemagana
08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
I love my Samsung S5. Does all I need plus more. No more iTunes garbage ever again lol

flipstah
08-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Otherwise, the most popular phones currently are, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and then the one makes noise lately is the OnePlus One (need invite to buy)

Do you know when the M8 will come to Rogers? Their website sucks because the M8 displayed has Windows Phone but their video and spec sheet says Android. :rofl:

The Lumia 920 is great but I need more space for music and photos.

mrsingh
08-20-2014, 09:47 AM
I am still using an iPhone 4 as well and am ready to upgrade. But, I am waiting to see what the iPhone 6 has to offer first before I decide if I want to stay with Apple or switch over to an Android device.

schocker
08-20-2014, 09:49 AM
HTC is making the 8" table, I think that is why people were figuring they had the phone also. There were rumors of 2 nexus phones though, one larger phablet style but I haven't heard too much about that, and supposedly there is still going to be another 7" nexus tablet. Wish they would just release some details instead of being so secretive :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by sabad66
My 5 (not 5s) still runs fast after 2 years. Can't say the same about any android i've used. Those things slow to a crawl after a year or two of use. and since it sounds like you keep your phones for a long time, this is key.

That is completely false, I'm sorry. If your phone slowed down after 1-2 years, especially to a "crawl", something else was wrong. Unlike Apple, subsequent versions of Android always include optimizations to speed up older devices, rather than push them further towards obsolescence every time.

My N5 is nearly a year old, if anything it runs faster than originally with the latest Android updates. My brother and several of my friends are still run the almost 2 year old N4, and same story, if anything they are faster now than initially with the newer versions of Android. I have never seen a single case of a N4/N54

Mine and my GF's iPhone 4S's though? So slow they are boarderline unusable. Her's has been back to Apple 3 times now, and my phone has been replaced once already. Same problems every time. The "genuis" even told her not to leave her WiFi on (it keeps failing), he said it was like a motor running at 7000 RPM, it will eventually break if you leave it on :rofl:. Obviously that guy was an idiot, I just thought that was funny. My company is moving away from them as well since so many employees have similar complaints. I updated 6 or 7 apps the other day and it took 15 minutes. I can barely even use the thing for work. Not saying that is the case for everyone, but it has been for myself, my GF, and my company.

schocker
08-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
That is completely false, I'm sorry. If your phone slowed down after 1-2 years, especially to a "crawl", something else was wrong. Unlike Apple, subsequent versions of Android always include optimizations to speed up older devices, rather than push them further towards obsolescence every time.

My N5 still runs awesome almost a year on, my N4 still works great and the updates only make them snappier. I just like having new things so I grab a new one every year. Maybe depends on the brand as some of the skins ie samsung uses bloat things up a bit

cam_wmh
08-20-2014, 10:20 AM
My feedback

Windows/Nokia Lumia 1020. (the 620 is an underpowered nightmare)
* Intent should've meant success, execution poor.

Blackberry Z30
* Senior, tenured leaders are their clientèle. Their requirement is simply, a robust, easy to use email. Too busy leading, to get tangled up with the latest games/apps.

Samsung S5
* Great device. Majority of users, are Apple castaways, who insist they are happy to fight the Apple monster, but don't know the simple basic info, into finding their lost Android device, or backing up and restoring all of their information.

iPhone
* The 6 will be launched on September 9th. iTunes is a cumbersome data pig, but is simple to use if you're PC/Mac is up to date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before understanding more of your home technical environment, my suggestion, is get an iPhone 5 or wait for the 6. You suggested you know nothing about phones. Why complicate your life? I've seen many a person move from one Mobile Platform to another, only to regret it.

sabad66
08-20-2014, 10:22 AM

My N5 is nearly a year old, if anything it runs faster than originally with the latest Android updates. My brother and several of my friends are still run the almost 2 year old N4, and same story, if anything they are faster now than initially with the newer versions of Android. I have never seen a single case of a N4/N54

Mine and my GF's iPhone 4S's though? So slow they are boarderline unusable. Her's has been back to Apple 3 times now, and my phone has been replaced once already. Same problems every time. The "genuis" even told her not to leave her WiFi on (it keeps failing), he said it was like a motor running at 7000 RPM, it will eventually break if you leave it on :rofl:. Obviously that guy was an idiot, I just thought that was funny. My company is moving away from them as well since so many employees have similar complaints. I updated 6 or 7 apps the other day and it took 15 minutes. I can barely even use the thing for work. Not saying that is the case for everyone, but it has been for myself, my GF, and my company.
The 4s came out in October 2011. Just about 3 years old. Not really fair to compare it with a 1 year old N5. Try using a 5S (came out same time as N5) and then make your comparison.

The only in-depth android experience i have is with my gf's Note 2 which was released in Sept 2012 - 2 years old. Every time she updates it gets worse. It takes about 5 seconds to open the camera app, freezes all the time, etc etc. This is even after killing all apps with advanced task killer.

My conclusion is based on comparing a 2 year old 5 with a 2 year old Note 2.

clem24
08-20-2014, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
My feedback

Windows/Nokia Lumia 1020. (the 620 is an underpowered nightmare)
* Intent should've meant success, execution poor.

Booh yeah.. Also can't believe how atrocious battery life is on iOS and Android. Plus you'll never to have carry around another camera ever again.

Don't know why you think the 620 is underpowered.. It offers the same snappy performance as any other Windows phone, unlike crappy Android phones that are literally slow as molasses.

flipstah
08-20-2014, 10:34 AM
The Lumia 1020 should've been a halo phone but marketing failed hard on this hard IMO.

Mitsu3000gt
08-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sabad66

The 4s came out in October 2011. Just about 3 years old. Not really fair to compare it with a 1 year old N5. Try using a 5S (came out same time as N5) and then make your comparison.

The only in-depth android experience i have is with my gf's Note 2 which was released in Sept 2012 - 2 years old. Every time she updates it gets worse. It takes about 5 seconds to open the camera app, freezes all the time, etc etc. This is even after killing all apps with advanced task killer.

My conclusion is based on comparing a 2 year old 5 with a 2 year old Note 2.

I am not comparing the 4S to my N5. I am saying the 4S is borderline unusable for myself, my GF, and my company. iOS updates have completely crippled the phone as well. I would expect a $700 phone to still function reasonably well after 2.5 years, but it doesn't. The $300 2 year old N4's run even faster than on day 1.

If your GF's note 2 took 5 seconds to open an app, something else was wrong. Don't think all android phones are like that based on that one experience. Some companies like to install lots of bloatware (absent on the Nexus devices) that can make the phone slower than it would otherwise be capable of. Older Samsungs had more of that than others.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that your GF's Note 2 experience is isolated and not in any way representative of Android as a whole. It's completely inaccurate to say that androids slow to a "crawl" after 1-2 years, that's all. They do the exact opposite, with every version of Android getting lighter and further optimized for lower performance devices.

I have used 5S's, and my N5 is faster and more intuitive (that one is subjective) with a vastly superior screen. In fact, I recently had a friend of mine switch from a 5S to a N5. At that point it is mostly user preference though, I am not trying to debate Nexus vs iPhone.

shakalaka
08-20-2014, 10:59 AM
I don't want to steal the thread but I have a question for phone experts. I currently have a Samsung S4 Mini Duos and it's good for what it is and does everything. When I got this one it was one of the best dual sim Android phones that were available.

Now I am having an itch to try something else and I have NEVER had a Windows phone yet which is quite surprising as I go through phones quite a bit. So here is my question, what is the best dual SIM Windows phone out right now that I can get? I'll probably get one from ebay but I have no idea where to start looking when it comes to Window phones.

Xtrema
08-20-2014, 11:33 AM

That does not at all accurately describe the Android experience. Also Nexus 5 battery life is incredible, 24-48 hours easily unless your an extremely heavy user.

Well if the FIFA app during the summer is any indication, it was almost flawless on iPad Mini Retina but crashes a lot on Nexus 7.

Unfortunately, iOS is opening up to catches with Android and I think stability will be tossed out starting with iOS 8.

n1zm0
08-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Mar
The good thing about the Nexus line is that it's from Google itself so these are the first phones to get the latest updates.

Another good point is the Google's support for RMA, I'm getting a new nexus 5 rushed out tonight actually after talking to tech support about a boot-loop issue.

cam_wmh
08-20-2014, 12:26 PM
LOL, i can't believe how narcissistic the replies are.

I think of the 20 posts since the OP's ask, about 3/4 are about their own personal plans going forward.

This forum makes me lol.

GQBalla
08-20-2014, 12:34 PM

With your movie player example, what is wrong with having the option of using multiple movie players? If you want to keep picking what player to use, you keep picking off the list which takes 0.1 seconds when you open a movie. If you want to always use the same player, you can tell it that, and it will never ask you again, treating it as the default. Best of both worlds. It will only ask you that if you have two or more apps that perform the same function (eg. browsers, media players). It's so much more flexible. You can also change default apps like texting apps, email, etc. to anything you want.

The app updates are exactly the same as with Apple, not sure what differences you're seeing there. I use an iPhone and N5 side by side every day.

it accurately explains it from my point of view and experiences, ive used android since 1.1. I also understand the ins and out (not on an expert level). I have used every version till latest kit kat. I even attempted to create my own ROM. My last android (note 3) even when i first got it had a battery life of 1 day....after 6 months i was charging it 3 times a day.

Factory Resets from my experiences last about a month ish. Backups are easy enough so that didn't really bother me, just the fact i had to do it to gain performance back did.

maybe you don't think its acceptable, but i don't. Yes android has definite plus, expandable memory, no itunes and drag and drop is the only benefit in my eyes. Ability to play any movie format. that being said, VLC is on iPhone/iPad too now.

yes, loading a new rom takes not even 20 minutes but thats just the process, not looking for a ROM, not testing it, finding out something doesn't work or anything.

Time is money is what i start saying and believing the older i get. No body got time for that

The_Penguin
08-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
LOL, i can't believe how narcissistic the replies are.

I think of the 20 posts since the OP's ask, about 3/4 are about their own personal plans going forward.

This forum makes me lol.

Dafuq?

Why would we reply by saying "get phone x"?

Makes much more sense to reply with "this is what I'm using, and why. My experiences are blah blah yadda yadda"

Gives much more insight to help making a decision.
My .02 anyway.

civic_stylez
08-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

The HTC One X is already out? It came out in 2012.

The newest HTC is HTC One M8 which is what I currently have. I upgraded from my HTC One S to the M8. I've been a HTC user for awhile now, had a HTC 8925 Tilt, HTC Sensation and now the newest one and its awesome. Love the build quality on it. Super fast, awesome speakers, meh camera, big screen (still small compared to Note 3/4)

Even the HTC One M7 is pretty good still.

Im with you here. HTC fanboy for life. Im currently using the M7 One max. Love it. Before i had the One X+, 8X, One S and Radar. I have the new HTC E8 coming which has the same specs as the M8 but a 13MP camera that is a big jump from the M8. Plastic body will take some getting used to but ill toss my .02 when i get it so that would be my suggestion.

rage2
08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
People still use itunes? :dunno:

xnvy
08-20-2014, 12:58 PM
I've been playing with a friend's HTC One M8 for the last hour and a bit and :love:

It's speed blows my iPhone 4 out of the water naturally but judging from this thread and reviews on the internet, it seems to be one of the fastest, if not the fastest phone on the market right now. I really like this phone, it's a bit big but not unwieldy. I can't help but feel like I'm going to drop it though. Another friend has the G3 so hopefully I can mess around with that later today. Also going to play around with the Nexus 5.

One of the reasons I like the iPhone is simply because of iTunes, I use my phone more for music than anything but I got MusicBee a few days ago so I don't feel as attached to iOS anymore.

How's that app selection on Windows phones? I'm told that it has the majority of the big apps like Whatsapp and the like but it's not as large as Android or iOS?

flipstah
08-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Windows Marketplace isn't as big for apps but who needs stupid apps?

clem24
08-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Now I am having an itch to try something else and I have NEVER had a Windows phone yet which is quite surprising as I go through phones quite a bit. So here is my question, what is the best dual SIM Windows phone out right now that I can get? I'll probably get one from ebay but I have no idea where to start looking when it comes to Window phones.

There aren't very many Windows Phone makers right now. Only Nokia really. HTC just released the One M8 on Verizon and it's a very sexy piece of hardware but with a camera that's inferior to the Nokia's. The only WP phone right now with dual sim is apparently the 630, which is basically an entry level piece. So basically I think you're out of luck unless some true WP fanboi's can chime in.

I personally love WP and my 1020.

shakalaka
08-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by clem24

There aren't very many Windows Phone makers right now. Only Nokia really. HTC just released the One M8 on Verizon and it's a very sexy piece of hardware but with a camera that's inferior to the Nokia's. The only WP phone right now with dual sim is apparently the 630, which is basically an entry level piece. So basically I think you're out of luck unless some true WP fanboi's can chime in.

I personally love WP and my 1020.

Yes, I have been researching since I made the post and Lumia 630 seems like the only dual SIM version. It is a starter set but I wouldn't mind it to be honest just to check out what Window's is all about. I made another thread asking this question, but I just want to find out if it'll work with Fido here. Not just the GSM but the 3G data and everything if so I will pick it up. From what I can tell, I am afraid the 3G might not be compatible. :dunno:

GQBalla
08-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2
People still use itunes? :dunno:

what are you using?

jwslam
08-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Windows Marketplace isn't as big for apps but who needs stupid apps?
Says the guy who went crazy on instagram once it became available for his platform long after everyone else has been using it.

flipstah
08-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by jwslam

Says the guy who went crazy on instagram once it became available for his platform long after everyone else has been using it.

I had IG when I had an iPhone for field duty then forgot. Once it came for Windows Phone though, peace out Twitter. :bigpimp:

xnvy
08-20-2014, 02:09 PM
^IG and WhatsApp are the only apps I care about. :rofl:

jacky4566
08-20-2014, 02:23 PM

I concur. New version of iOS are always more graphically intensive and tax the hardware more because the new hardware can handle it. They build the OS for the latest hardware. Not for legacy hardware.

Also why has no one mentioned the One Plus One? Looks like a great phone!

You could also consider Amazon fire if you like gimmicks. :rofl:

SportEL
08-20-2014, 02:50 PM
OPO is awesome. Great battery life. Was hesitant going to a larger screen from the 4.65" Galaxy Nexus but it is so much better working with a larger screen and still fits the hand and pocket nicely. I love the texture on the back of the phone. It also provides a nice grip in your hand. It already has the latest 4.4.4 Kitkat. Everything runs nice and smooth and fast. 64GB!, cheap for the features you get, and best of all it's not an iPhone.