PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy: Unleaded Racefuel and E85

HiTempguy1
08-19-2014, 07:04 PM
So, I am going to try this again!

I am making a trip to the border for race fuel. I'd be willing to pick up E85 in 205L/54 USgallon barrels along the way :)

HiTempguy1
08-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Just added unleaded race fuel to the mix as well if anyone is interested ;) Fuse (formerly Shell URT) is the best of the best race fuel available in North America right now.

SkiBum5.0
08-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Interested but I'm looking for some unleaded, non-oxygenated fuel. Similar to C9 or C10 from VP

HiTempguy1
08-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
Interested but I'm looking for some unleaded, non-oxygenated fuel. Similar to C9 or C10 from VP

Fuse IS non-oxygenated (NO ETHANOL)! Perfect for vintage cars :)

I can also get my hands on Fuse 100, which is very much inline with C9/C10. On top of that, Fuse fuel has great shelf life (2 years) if stored in a temperature control, minimum light environment :)

I will request pricing on Fuse 100.

never
08-20-2014, 09:46 PM
What's the shelf life on the E85? I won't need any until next spring/summer (unless the car goes together really fast).

HiTempguy1
08-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by never
What's the shelf life on the E85? I won't need any until next spring/summer (unless the car goes together really fast).

Ethanol (and specifically E85) is less volatile than gasoline. Typical shelf life is 1 year, but if treated with a product from Stabil:

http://www.goldeagle.com/product/marine-sta-bil-ethanol-fuel-treatment-stabilizer

Shelf life is extended to 2 years :) Of course, this is dependent on constant temperature and low exposure to direct sunlight!

BTW, we are currently up to 5 barrels claimed, I only have space for 5 more! :D

HiTempguy1
08-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Ok folks, wow, what a response today!

We only have one spot left on the trailer, therefore, I am going to start collecting money. I like to wrap up group buys as quick as possible. I am hoping to have the fuel directly after the September long weekend is the current plan. If you have contacted me, and/or are on the list, PM, email ([email protected]) or CALL/TEXT 780-920-1819 so we can arrange getting the money.

Thanks everyone for the interest! And remember, there is one more spot! Get your cheap E85 before it is too late :D

HiTempguy1
08-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Ok, well that post was a bit premature :'(

After starting to contact people to pay up, two people pulled out. But that's ok, we're still at 7 barrels in only a couple of days! I was expecting it to take a month for us to be full. The list has been updated again :)

Spread the word! :D

HiTempguy1
08-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Bump! We are back up to 6 barrels of race fuel :D

HiTempguy1
08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Make that 7 pending a quote on the 116 octane :)

soloracer
08-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Hi Adam,

Not to hijack the thread but rather than making the big road trip have you ever considered Torco Accelerator?

http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html

A lot of racers and snowmobilers are using it instead of buying race fuel. There is a distributor in Alberta that I talked to. To increase a 75 liter tank of 94 octane up to 105 octane it would take 64 oz. A case of six 32oz cans is $177 and a 5 gallon pail that would be good for treating 746 liters up by 11 octane is $412. Adds roughly 55 cents per liter to go from 94 to 105. Assuming 94 octane is $1.30 a liter of 105 would be $1.85 and a 205 liter barrel would be $379.25. You would have to add another 55 cents per liter for a total of $492 per barrel to go up to 108 octane on the 94 premium. From what I read a 14 octane boost is the maximum you can get. The biggest thing I like is since my car is street driven I wouldn't need to rush home to fuel up. Just add two cans of the additive and fill up with pump 94 to get my 105 fix.

If you need higher than 116 then getting a barrel looks like the only option. Just thought I should mention the Torco option as it does have a good track record, is more versatile and cheaper.

HiTempguy1
08-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Pump fuel does not have the quality, or consistancy of race fuel, which is one of the biggest reasons for the added expense of straight race fuel. There is also the issue of proper mixing per volume.

Your option, in my opinion, is definitely legitimate for people who run on the street and occassionally go to the track(or run a different tune), IF the product works.

I would strongly argue that the two products serve different purposes. I would not personally run it for a racing only vehicle, as I have seen the havoc poor quality/bad fuels can cause in race cars.

Also, your pricing for fuel is off buy at least 10%, more for 94. On top of that, this fuel has zero ethanol in it, which is a major bonus IMO.

Pricing for 105 will be cheaper if we get 10 barrels, and we hit 10 barrels today :) Just need to make sure nobody pulls the rug out from under me again!

HiTempguy1
09-01-2014, 10:38 PM
5 people are paid so far, 4 left to pay, one last spot has opened up.

If you want a barrel, get ahold of me! This will be going ahead even if there is one extra barrel space! Leaving the evening of September 12th, September 16th is when I'll be coming back through town :)

HiTempguy1
09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Group buy closed, all 10 barrels paid for!

Thanks everyone for your interest. Also note I am doing a parts pickup for everyone as well :)

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
If people are serious, I would more than likely be coming back across the border on September 16th.

To quote SpikerS

I am willing to pick up anything you order from the Montana shipping outlet and bring it back to Calgary for you. Be prepared, I will be opening up packages, and will not have anything to do with illegal activities. If it is questionable at all to us, we will leave it there.
Sweetgrass Location
412 Oak Street | PO Box 369
Sweetgrass, MT 59484
(406) 335-7447 or Fax (406) 335-7448
Hours: M-F 9:00-5:00 | 1st & 3rd Saturdays 10:00-2:00
[email protected]

Be prepared for Duties, GST, taxes, levies, whatever. Our fees for this is going to be that everyone chips on for gas.

to make things easier, here is a cost estimator from the CBSA so that you can figure out how much duties are going to be.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...st-cal-eng.html

Also expected are invoices for your items, descriptions, and authorization to pick packages up for you.

If you do not pay me enough to cover costs of having your item across the border + your fair share of fuel, I WILL HOLD THE PACKAGE.

I am thinking of the Ikea as a meeting spot in Calgary off of Deerfoot, in the evening.

PM or email me, and we will discuss what fair share of fuel is, as well as confirm border taxes/duties estimates.

ALL PAYMENTS IN ADVANCE

HiTempguy1
05-01-2015, 06:18 PM
So, another year another group buy!

I'll post pricing for now, but the biggie is E85/E98

cars5431
05-01-2015, 08:58 PM
I'll take a barrel of 116

HiTempguy1
05-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by cars5431
I'll take a barrel of 116

Noted!

HiTempguy1
05-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Slowly creeping ahead. The E85/E98 is getting moved up, could be as early as the end of next week we start seeing fuel delivered :)

Notorious1
05-15-2015, 05:08 PM
Is it too late for a barrel of E85?

HiTempguy1
05-15-2015, 11:24 PM
Nope! PM me or email [email protected] :) I can also be reached at 780-920-1819!

HiTempguy1
05-19-2015, 07:04 PM
We are near the end! 14 out of 17 barrels of E85/E98 prepaid for (with all barrels spoken for, but this is first paid, first served), and 8 out of 10 barrels of Fuse prepaid for (all 10 spots spoken for but not paid).

There still is a chance to get in on this ;)

cars5431
05-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Adam texted you but let me know if you have someone that could fill my spot. My need for race fuel this year has gone away. Thanks

HiTempguy1
05-29-2015, 10:13 AM
E85/E98 has been given the green light :) Expect deliveries to start happening end of next week!

HiTempguy1
06-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Sorry for the long time between replies everyone, things got pretty crazy at my job and I worked the past two weeks straight. Luckily, I had lots of time to get certain parts of this group buy moving forward.

The Fuse Race Fuel groupbuy should also be going ahead this weekend, I will be contacting everyone for delivery Tuesday evening. The only critical pickups for Fuse is Lethbridge and Calgary, as I don't know when I'll be back there unless there are E85 deliveries to be made

HiTempguy1
06-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Picked up the E98 today! That was a fun time

Deliveries start Wednesday evening to southern Alberta, I believe I have contacted most of everyone. Edmonton will be the week after.

The Fuse Race Fuel pickup is also happening this week, I am heading to Wisconsin Wednesday night and coming back through Alberta Sunday afternoon!

ExtraSlow
06-16-2015, 07:18 AM
I love that you are dong this. Awesome and hilarious. Safe travels buddy.

HiTempguy1
06-16-2015, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I love that you are dong this. Awesome and hilarious. Safe travels buddy.

Thanks man, Variety is the spice of life! If people want e85 past this, I've talked with both beyond and 780 about becoming a sponsor, so we will see where things take us.

If nothing else, I've learned a lot doing this, its been a fun side project :) Added bonus, everyone gets a great deal, I am sick and tired of VP charging people astronomical prices because we are in Canada for ethanol and race fuel.

And of course, the question is why? Why haven't we been able to get this stuff? And the answer is because it takes some out of the box thinking. And if my posts on beyond prove anything, I can think outside of the box :rofl:

never
06-16-2015, 08:45 AM

Thanks man, Variety is the spice of life! If people want e85 past this, I've talked with both beyond and 780 about becoming a sponsor, so we will see where things take us.

If nothing else, I've learned a lot doing this, its been a fun side project :) Added bonus, everyone gets a great deal, I am sick and tired of VP charging people astronomical prices because we are in Canada for ethanol and race fuel.

And of course, the question is why? Why haven't we been able to get this stuff? And the answer is because it takes some out of the box thinking. And if my posts on beyond prove anything, I can think outside of the box :rofl:

Thanks for doing it Adam...definitely appreciate getting E85/98 at an awesome price! Once this gets out there more, I'm sure demand will increase.

HiTempguy1
06-26-2015, 12:18 PM

Thanks for doing it Adam...definitely appreciate getting E85/98 at an awesome price! Once this gets out there more, I'm sure demand will increase.

I just hope everybody is happy with it!

Haven't heard any results yet, but I am eager to hear any news :D

never
06-26-2015, 02:16 PM

I just hope everybody is happy with it!

Haven't heard any results yet, but I am eager to hear any news :D

Well I'll be a little way off from using it but I'm trying to get a couple of guys to get flex fuel sensors so they can run it and benefit from the ethanol. Was also thinking of selling some by the liter to get some more people (who don't want to buy a full drum) on board.

HiTempguy1
11-24-2015, 07:36 PM
If anyone is interested in fuel for the 2016 season at the cheapest rates of the year, now would be a time to get ahold of me (call it the Black Friday/Boxing Day Early Bird Sale) ;)

Working on a big order that will see 5%-10% savings on the already low prices I typically get :D

Lots of happy people running E85/E98, I have had zero complaints so far and a lot of praise! And it goes without saying everyone I've chatted with has been happy with Fuse :hitit:

ExtraSlow
11-24-2015, 07:50 PM
I am happy to hear that you have had no issues at the border for this type of cargo.
I don't need any, but keep up the good work.

never
11-24-2015, 08:34 PM
If anyone is interested in fuel for the 2016 season at the cheapest rates of the year, now would be a time to get ahold of me (call it the Black Friday/Boxing Day Early Bird Sale) ;)

Working on a big order that will see 5%-10% savings on the already low prices I typically get :D

Lots of happy people running E85/E98, I have had zero complaints so far and a lot of praise! And it goes without saying everyone I've chatted with has been happy with Fuse :hitit:

I have to get this thing running so I can start using the 4 barrels of E98 I got from you! I should go through quite a bit tuning over the winter.

When do you need an order placed by?

HiTempguy1
11-24-2015, 08:47 PM

I have to get this thing running so I can start using the 4 barrels of E98 I got from you! I should go through quite a bit tuning over the winter.

When do you need an order placed by?

Lots of time available! This is mainly focused on Fuse Race Fuels specifically, pump grade E85/E98 is available at low prices anytime someone wants :)

Of course, I am working with Fuse to provide race grade E85/E98 at my pump E85/E98 prices currently... but you didn't hear that from me :bigpimp:

Maxx Mazda
11-24-2015, 10:40 PM
Can you get leaded? I currently run 100 AvGas because I can get it for cheap, but does anyone even make leaded race fuel anymore?

HiTempguy1
11-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I am happy to hear that you have had no issues at the border for this type of cargo.
I don't need any, but keep up the good work.

Thanks man! Gotta follow the rules :) I was pulled over not once, but TWICE in Alberta (once by Alberta Transport right after the border, once by a peace officer outside Airdrie). Both were happy with my conduct in following the rules for private dangerous goods transport (they are numerous).

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Can you get leaded? I currently run 100 AvGas because I can get it for cheap, but does anyone even make leaded race fuel anymore?

I do not deal with leaded fuel, however, depending on how much you pay for AV, I might be able to provide you with an unleaded fuel for not much more cost, and be a lot more consistent in quality with similar octane rating. :)

never
11-25-2015, 01:36 AM

Lots of time available! This is mainly focused on Fuse Race Fuels specifically, pump grade E85/E98 is available at low prices anytime someone wants :)

Of course, I am working with Fuse to provide race grade E85/E98 at my pump E85/E98 prices currently... but you didn't hear that from me :bigpimp:

What's the difference between pump grade and race grade E85/98?

HiTempguy1
11-25-2015, 08:53 AM
About 5% extra hp.

Biggest thing is consistency for the guys running carbs. This stuff will be E85 or E98, no variation at all. Minimal water, barrels sealed direct from the plant, an additive package that helps the E85 light off easier. I'll have to double check and see, it may also be further oxygenated than standard E85. :)

I don't know if it will be available at the beginning of the season, as the facilities are currently under construction!