PDA

View Full Version : U-TURN ticket...should I fight ?

vtec96
03-04-2004, 12:34 PM
today..I just got a u-turn ticket for $155:banghead:
Should I fight for it ??:dunno:

Akagi Redsuns
03-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Just time......

Fluidic
03-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I performed an illegal u-turn at a traffic light once -- was pulled over and handed a ticket.

I just went in, talked to the Crown and had it reduced to something tiny (w/ no demerits). I can't remember what he reduced it to, it was a long time ago.

Like the other members here have already said -- "everything is worth fighting". :)

vtec96
03-04-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
I performed an illegal u-turn at a traffic light once -- was pulled over and handed a ticket.

I just went in, talked to the Crown and had it reduced to something tiny (w/ no demerits). I can't remember what he reduced it to, it was a long time ago.

Like the other members here have already said -- "everything is worth fighting". :)

ya...I did an illegal u turn at a traffic light,too....anyway..I am going to fight it....
Should I try to explain ?? or ??

20incheyes
03-04-2004, 01:53 PM
is a u-turn only illegal when there is a sign that says no U-Turn or are they always illegal in Alberta (got my license in Europe and don't know?)

cheers

rage2
03-04-2004, 01:56 PM
u-turns are only legal at uncontrolled intersections in alberta, unless otherwise specified. Uncontrolled being no signs at all.

w3apon
03-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
is a u-turn only illegal when there is a sign that says no U-Turn or are they always illegal in Alberta (got my license in Europe and don't know?)

cheers

U-Turns are legal only at certain places. (very few places)
They are illegal at all traffic lights, whether there is a no u-turn sign or not.

I had an illegal u-turn ticket as well last summer. I did a u-turn at a traffic light at 2am in the morning with no cars around (or so I thought) getting lost trying to drive home drunk friends (I was the DD).
Anyhow I fought the ticket and if you claim that you thought becuase there was no sign it was ok, then they will reduce it to no demerits but still have to pay the fine. I think it's 2 demerits if you don't fight it.

As everyone is saying: yeah fight it so you wont get demerits, but you'll probably still have to pay the fine.

gwkwan
03-04-2004, 02:00 PM
haha i got those U turn ticket before
but i didnt fight it

MM99lude
03-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by gwkwan
haha i got those U turn ticket before
but i didnt fight it

man you should fight everything!! send away for a court date... then have that court date changed, that way hopefully in the process of them changing the ticket the officer is not notified or something can go wrong on their end... and if it doens't then go into court and fight, u can usually get the demerits taken off, and if the crown is nice they will reduce the find.. i got a ticket for doing 17 over in a 60 took it to court got the demerits taken off and the ticket cut in half! so fight everything that has demerits attached!

Hakkola
03-04-2004, 02:07 PM
I think it's only if there's a sign, or maybe cops discretion?

I think it was on Tuesday, on Macleod Trail southbound on a left turning signal, three cars took a u-turn, and there was a cop car on the other side of the intersection and it did nothing.

girlRACER
03-04-2004, 03:18 PM
I know that if there is a solid line on the road then a u-turn is not allowed.

kenny
03-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I think it's only if there's a sign, or maybe cops discretion?

I think it was on Tuesday, on Macleod Trail southbound on a left turning signal, three cars took a u-turn, and there was a cop car on the other side of the intersection and it did nothing.

Probably didn't think it was worth his time in case the people he tickets goes and fights them :)

cappachihngo
03-05-2004, 02:03 AM
Go fight it man, its worth the time and effort.. just don't do it again thou

ryder_23
03-05-2004, 02:05 AM
^
:rofl:

so your telling me if you get a speeding ticket when ur 16, u'll never speed again?

or even use uturn as an example

Phuqu
03-05-2004, 09:45 AM
They are also illegal on a roadway between 2 intersections.

rc2002
03-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Do illegal U-turn tickets carry any demerits?

If they do, then fight it for sure. Even if not, then still fight it. You can almost always at least get the demerits dropped and/or the price reduced.

w3apon
03-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Do illegal U-turn tickets carry any demerits?

If they do, then fight it for sure. Even if not, then still fight it. You can almost always at least get the demerits dropped and/or the price reduced.

Yes they do, 2 demerits as I recall.

Seanith
03-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Fuck i got a uturn ticket like 3 years ago and didn't think they had demerits.. is that a new thing?