PDA

View Full Version : Master Bedroom Size?

Sugarphreak
08-31-2014, 04:09 PM

Sugarphreak
08-31-2014, 04:12 PM

Asian_defender
08-31-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm assuming this does not include closet/ensuite?

Sugarphreak
08-31-2014, 04:18 PM

rx7_turbo2
08-31-2014, 04:23 PM
How big is your master bedroom?
750sq/ft
What size bed?
King
Other furniture, sitting area, etc?
Bedroom includes a sitting area with a couple couches, armchairs, and book shelves.
Is it too small, just right, or too big?
Our bedroom is large, the bathroom and walk in closet probably add another 250sq/ft. Is it too big? It seems like overkill most of the time. It's on it's own floor though so it's nice to just shut the door, go up the stairs and forget anything is going on below you.

jwslam
08-31-2014, 04:35 PM
Pretty sure it's in the realm of 170ish. Will double check when I get home next week.

edit: 13*14 = 182

What size bed?
King

2 x night stand, 1 book case, wall mounted TV which I plan to get a dresser under. No seating area.

I wish I could get a seating area but that's just more furniture I probably would only use once a month!
:rofl:

16hypen3sp
08-31-2014, 09:28 PM
- 182 sq/ft

What size bed?
- Queen

- 2 night stands, dresser, wall mount tv, seating on bench at foot of the bed (part of the foot board).

http://www.leons.ca/bedroom-furniture/bedroom/collections/cinema/1590721.aspx#.VAPmrfmtHE4

- Too big, for me anyways. Still lots of room for chairs and other stuff. Girlfriend would say just right.

EDIT: Jesus! Over 300 sq/ft! Thats insane! Wtf is going on in there?

Sugarphreak
08-31-2014, 09:39 PM

ExtraSlow
08-31-2014, 09:59 PM
190 Square feet, King bed. Dresser and two pretty big bedside tables. It's about right. Have also walk-in closet plus ensuite that are not included in that area.

rage2
08-31-2014, 10:09 PM
290sqft

What size bed?
King

2 balconies, dresser, end tables, lots of open space. Finally furnished one of my balconies today for a nice sitting area.

Just right. I don't like being claustrophobic, so the openess of the space is nice. Used to have a 2nd dresser in the room, after that got moved our it really opened up the space. I believe I have a similar layout to your old place Sugarphreak.

C_Dave45
08-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Over 300 sf.
King size bed.
2 wall mounted night tables.
2 high boys plus linen storage ottoman.
sitting room with two couches, 60" tv and home office.
Love it, favorite part of the house.

thinmyster
08-31-2014, 10:22 PM

I believe mine is ~11x12' or 132 sq ft

What size bed?

King

Dresser, one night table, steps/ladder for the dogs to get in and out of bed

Its just a tad too small, we have and adjoining ensuite w/o a door and walk in close so it feels slightly bigger. I would really like a 15x15' or ~250sq ft. Not too big not too small.

Our home is a bungalow

jdmakkord
08-31-2014, 10:24 PM
289 square feet with a king size bed and 1 lounge chair. Wide open with a private balcony.

austic
08-31-2014, 11:23 PM
How big is your master bedroom? 260

What size bed? queen, thinking of getting a king but we have a really nice queen sleigh bed that would be very expensive to replace.
Other furniture, sitting area, etc? sitting room, 2 dressers, 2 night stands and a little 40 inch tv wall mounted. huge walk in closet which was a big selling feature.
just right

baygirl
09-01-2014, 12:29 AM
How big:
~170 square feet

Other furniture: dresser, 2 night tables, desk, trunk

Is it too big/small or feels just right: it is just the right size, as neither one of us is a fan of wasted floor space. We would love a little patio off the bedroom though

Bed: it's a queen. I would like a king size but spikerS says no :(

Asian_defender
09-01-2014, 01:17 AM
170sqft

What size bed?
Queen

2 night tables, 1 Chest, 1 Dresser with TV mounted on top

Needs to be bigger, with all the furniture there it feels a little cramped.
An extra 30-40sqft would make a huge difference.
Guess that would be the average size for a 1900 sqft home. Not as big as most of the beyond ballers on here

I find the closet is too small. My next house will need a mandatory 70-80sqft closet at least!

Masked Bandit
09-01-2014, 08:00 AM
~225

What size bed?
King

2 x night tables, 1 dresser with mirror, 1 highboy, 1 oversized ottoman / bench thingy at the foot of the bed.]

Just Right

No TV, the bedroom is for sleepin' & lovin'. We've got a decent sized ensuite & walk in closet so that helps. The WIC is big enough to have another highboy.

Sugarphreak
09-01-2014, 08:32 AM

roopi
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
263.7 sq/ft

What size bed?
King

Balcony, Bed (working on the rest)

Not sure yet.

rage2
09-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
The layout of that room is nice, it is wide enough to accommodate a King, but allows for a nice sitting area.

These are some pics of how my old room was configured, we added a few pot lights for the sitting area after we moved in:
Yea, I'm using the same bed layout with your sitting area being the doors to balcony #1 and open without furniture. Beside the dresser is the door to balcony #2.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-01-2014, 10:26 AM
137.5 sq/ft

What size bed?
Queen

Bookshelves, wardrobe, office desk

Way too small for amount of furniture we have in it, haha.

haha, well apparently over 40% of beyonders just knocks down walls to adjoining bedrooms and makes them part of the Master, lol!

That may be more common than you think. The master in our new place is 283 sqft due to the owners having the builder merge two of the upper bedrooms when they built the place.

muse017
09-01-2014, 11:00 AM
~166 sq/ft

What size bed?
Queen

Nothing at the moment, Just mattress:rofl: (Just moved in), looking to add a dresser with mirror, and a night table and frame

Little bit small but I'm ok with it.

mrsingh
09-01-2014, 01:16 PM
~210 sq/ft

What size bed?
King

End tables on either side, a dresser and a wall mounted 32" TV.

Too small, the next house I would like a sitting area and fireplace, I could do without the TV as we never use it.

Gainsbarre
09-01-2014, 02:19 PM
~126 square feet

What size bed?
Queen

End tables and two dressers

Just right -- big enough to fit a king sized bed if needed. Don't need a sitting area or anything like that...

Tik-Tok
09-01-2014, 03:43 PM
115 sq.ft (10.5'x11')

King size bed

1x 5' wide dresser, 2x bedside tables, cant open one half of the closet door all the way, because of one bedside table, and just barely enough room to walk around the bed.

TOO FUCKING SMALL. (But I will never go back to a queen sized bed, even if it gave us more space)

navdeep
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
400 sq/ft

What size bed?
King

End tables on either side, a dresser and a wall mounted 50" TV. above fire place and 2 chairs and table

just the right size

sputnik
09-02-2014, 07:58 AM

150 sq ft

What size bed?

Queen

2 nightstands and 2 large dressers

I like the size. I really only sleep (along with other bed related activities) and get dressed in the bedroom. It would be nice to have a bigger closet but it isn't worth reno'ing my house to make it happen. The house was built in 1956 and that's just they way things were built back then.

In our previous house our bedroom was MUCH bigger and to be honest I NEVER used the sitting area and it just seemed like a LOT of wasted space.

sputnik
09-02-2014, 07:59 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/Sugarphreak/Public%20Albums/68%20DISCOVERY%20RIDGE%20CRT/INDOORS-MASTERBED1_zps1476e89f.jpg

Do people really use these sitting areas in their bedrooms?

Amysicle
09-25-2014, 10:40 PM

Sugarphreak
09-26-2014, 06:22 AM

dubhead
09-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Well good to know some of you guys have bigger bedrooms then my appartment.

r3ccOs
09-26-2014, 11:38 AM

400 sq ft (20x20) + ensuit + walk in closet

What size bed?

King

2 nightstand, desk, massage chair, Mule Chest, Dresser, and still too much space

Way too big... wish I could have carved the space more into the other spare bedrooms

You only spend so much time in your bedroom.... and my bedroom is as large as our family/bonus room... add the ensuite and walk in closet and its substantially bigger (maybe 450sqft) whereas the total upstairs is only about 1300 sqft.

rage2
09-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Do people really use these sitting areas in their bedrooms?
There's a beyonder here who has over 1200sq ft in the master bedroom. It's a massive room with full on couches, TV, walk in closet, insane separate shower, bath, and a bed in the middle of all of it. It's seriously an apartment (minus kitchen) in 1 single room.

I asked him how often he entertains in there, and the answer is never.

BigMass
09-26-2014, 12:06 PM
I'd be happy with a soundproof pod in my living room. Only time I step into my bedroom is to pass out and sleep. Most useless room ever.

ddduke
09-28-2014, 12:40 AM
Just under 200

What size bed?
King

Dresser, end tables, lamp, laundry baskets

Just right, we have a bigger room that we could use for the bedroom but there's no point, bedroom's only used for fucking and sleeping. I used the bigger room as an office and shoe room which I use regularly.

EDIT:
I'm actually surprised how many people here have king size beds. We bought a new mattress last month and the sales lady was telling less then 20% of people go king. I thought it would have been the standard, especially if you've been in a relationship for over 6 months haha.

ExtraSlow
09-28-2014, 08:56 AM
This is beyond.ca. King size is standard up in here.

rx7_turbo2
09-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by rage2

There's a beyonder here who has over 1200sq ft in the master bedroom. It's a massive room with full on couches, TV, walk in closet, insane separate shower, bath, and a bed in the middle of all of it. It's seriously an apartment (minus kitchen) in 1 single room.

I asked him how often he entertains in there, and the answer is never.

I mentioned earlier I have a large master bedroom, not 1200 sq ft large though:rofl: A renovation during the 80's saw an additional floor added to the house, instead of dividing that space up into individual rooms it was left as a single master bedroom. The dimensions of the room are almost the same as the footprint of the house.

It's just my wife and I, no kids. The room is too big. When kids arrive? The fact the room is kind of its own separate self contained living space will probably be nice.