PDA

View Full Version : Laminate floor damaged, need to find match

ee2k
09-01-2014, 10:04 AM
I am dealing with the frustrating situation of water damaged laminate flooring. My kitchen, part of hallways and part of living room appear to have water underneath them from a kitchen sink overflow early in on the weekend. The flooring was done some time in 2008 it seems - based on other material that I have found receipts for from previous owner. The daunting task of finding the same material has started but after trips to Home Depot, Rona and timber town i am discouraged but have yet to give up hope and look at replacing entire floor in my suite. Anyone know of additional locations I should be going to for matching? Sadly I have no manufacturer name nor model.

Seth1968
09-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Take a close up picture and try Google image search.

jwslam
09-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Some manufacturers print something on the bottom of each piece?

Seth1968
09-01-2014, 11:30 AM
All of the laminate I've installed had numbers on the bottom. For some reason, I was thinking of the adhesive type to which I've never seen a number on.

seer_claw
09-01-2014, 12:00 PM
You will have to try to find the dye lot number and try to match that number with the new stuff. Its going to be really hard because each time the factory changes the dye it changes the colour slightly. The best option is to buy more to have some spare if you can find the same dye lot number.

Seth1968
09-01-2014, 12:22 PM
^ some have the name on the bottom as well.