PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got It!!

Master D. Bater
03-04-2004, 01:33 PM
After months of deciding, I finally got it. My first car ever!! I've seen these things beat supras so hopefully I can make mine just as fast! I guess I better start saving!
I don't have a digital camera, but this is what she looks like!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/224000-224999/224128_7_full.jpg

I didn't take your advice about saving but for 850 dollars, hopefully the name will say it alll! :thumbsup:

mo_virgin
03-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Hahah Thats sweet man

hjr
03-04-2004, 01:51 PM
crappy car, but transport is definetly better than no transport.

ZorroAMG
03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah i'd like to agree at least you can take Tranist out of your profile:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1badPT
03-04-2004, 01:56 PM
^^ LOL

Thats a good first car man, congrats.

ShOwOfF
03-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Congratulaions. Any car is better than no car. and look on the bright side, CHEAP INSURANCE

QuasarCav
03-04-2004, 02:02 PM
That car is pretty good for 850$, looks clean.

At least you ahve some options if you want to get down and dirty with an engine swap.

Sleeper all the way.

Master D. Bater
03-04-2004, 02:17 PM
thanks guys, yah, it feels kind of wierd having my own car. As for insurance, the cheapest quote I got so far was 2000 dollars a year one way coverage. I'll shop around some more. And yah, I can finally take transit off of my profile!! :D

HillBilly
03-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Sweeeeett!! I'll make you a trade. One dodge for another.

j/k gotta start somewhere.:thumbsup:

rc2002
03-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh baby! K-Cars are sweet. :thumbsup:

girlRACER
03-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Congratulations on the new car :thumbsup: What's the mileage on that? It looks like its in good condition judging by the picture. :)

403Gemini
03-04-2004, 03:34 PM
everybody loves their first car :thumbsup:

enjoy it bro!

Redlyne_mr2
03-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
everybody loves their first car :thumbsup:

enjoy it bro!
:werd: Keep her clean and running well, install a nice litte stereo and youll have fun with it..congrats

hjr
03-04-2004, 04:15 PM
2000 isnt that bad. thats less than i pay. i say jump on it, then shop after!

HillBilly
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hjr
2000 isnt that bad. thats less than i pay. i say jump on it, then shop after!

$2000!!!!! HOLY FUCK. for a K car??

I can't believe how much you albertan's pay for insurance. I pay $1700 for my Hayabusa and my Stealth for one year. Both have full coverage with a $50 deductable.

You guys are gettin fucked!:nut:

INeedBoost
03-04-2004, 04:31 PM
I think so too. Paid close to $4000/year on the 240SX when I first got it :(. And it's old!!!

sputnik
03-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Stealth R/T
I can't believe how much you albertan's pay for insurance.

Moving from Manitoba (public insurance) to Alberta (ass-raping insurance) took a bit of getting used to...

But better employment and a housing market that actually appreciates has made me forget all about car insurance.

INeedBoost
03-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, congrats on your first car.

QuasarCav
03-04-2004, 04:47 PM
1600$ a year, on a 1989 cavalier.
First car, I was 19. Gotta love primmum

Skyline_Addict
03-04-2004, 06:35 PM
you just dissed public transit.

Spyderman_MaryJ
03-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Master D. Bater
After months of deciding, I finally got it. My first car ever!! I've seen these things beat supras so hopefully I can make mine just as fast! I guess I better start saving!
I don't have a digital camera, but this is what she looks like!

I didn't take your advice about saving but for 850 dollars, hopefully the name will say it alll! :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new car!! Boy, I can still remember my first car... what a pig! I must say, My opinion dont waste your money to try and make it faster than a Supra or whatever... my concern is that even if you dumped $50K to make it "fast" you would only be able to sell it for a couple thousand at most!! I suggest you only put the repairs into it to keep it going, and save the rest for something you really want. but this is just My opinion coming from a guy who did waste alot of money I could never recover on a car...

All that being said, congrats again. :thumbsup:

cappachihngo
03-05-2004, 01:29 AM
wow congrats man, have fun with it:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
03-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Man have fun with that thing, your first car is something you will never ever forget.

You should do what I wished I did.

Take a picture of your car with you standing by it on some street. Then every time you get a new car park it in the same place and take another picture.

Its cool to see the years go by, as the background scenery changes, you change, and your car tastes change as well.

Have fun, and say hello to the wonderful world of freedom!:thumbsup:

Dahero
03-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Ha Ha

Nice buddy, congrats

GTS Jeff
03-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Master D. Bater
thanks guys, yah, it feels kind of wierd having my own car. best feeling ever man!!

Idratherbsidewayz
03-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Spyderman_MaryJ

Congrats on the new car!! Boy, I can still remember my first car... what a pig! I must say, My opinion dont waste your money to try and make it faster than a Supra or whatever... my concern is that even if you dumped $50K to make it "fast" you would only be able to sell it for a couple thousand at most!! I suggest you only put the repairs into it to keep it going, and save the rest for something you really want. but this is just My opinion coming from a guy who did waste alot of money I could never recover on a car...

All that being said, congrats again. :thumbsup:

I completely agree, i mean how dumb was I???

A firefly with rims... eughh

When for that $2500 worth of stuff in the firefly i could have had a bunch of things i want for the SR20DET... :banghead:

Spyderman_MaryJ
03-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

I completely agree, i mean how dumb was I???

A firefly with rims... eughh

When for that $2500 worth of stuff in the firefly i could have had a bunch of things i want for the SR20DET... :banghead:

:thumbsup:

finboy
03-06-2004, 10:15 PM
fuel injected?

if so, the turbo motor swap isn't hard or expensive ;)

and i have a spare set of 11" disc brake spindles and callipers, sleepers are sweet :rofl:

if you want some input go to these sites...

www.thedodgegarage.com <--- the k-car you speak of that beats the supra and runs 10's
www.turbododge.com

finboy
03-06-2004, 11:12 PM
here we go...

SUSPENSION:
gc coilovers/springs/koni's
http://www.freewebs.com/daytonashelby/Suspension%20Pic.JPG
unfortunatly because your car, like mine, doesn't have a coilover rear suspension, but you can still get them for the front. i got a good price on mine because they were used (front struts, coilovers, front springs, rear shocks), but if you want a cheap upgrade, get the suspension from a daytona ES, or better yet, shelby. you can swap over the complete rear axle from a shelby daytona which is stiffest rear axle.

BRAKES:
the ultimate upgrade is the 11" all wheel disc brake conversion
http://members.shaw.ca/Boost-g/DSCN0921.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/Boost-g/DSCN0926a.jpg
(pics jacked from boost infested's old daytona, see members rides for more)
i've seen a few sets around, and have a complete set up on my car, plus a complete other set. about 80 bucks for spindles, callipers, wheel bearings, and correct proportioning valve (you might need one off the spirit RT as the k-car has a differend brake line lay out). pads, rotors, and master cylender are CHEAP, and so are callipers if you want to buy new (i'll do that for next year).

MOTOR AND TRANNY:
the turbo 2.5 and 2.2 motor
http://members.shaw.ca/Boost-g/DSCN0933.jpg
you can score a 2.5 (i would recomend it) for 180ish from pick your part, usually you can get away with a minor rebuild (rings, bearings, quick hone job, minor head rebuild, headgasket) for under 500 if you do the work yourself.

tranny, if you're auto (most likely, not many 5 speed k-cars) then just keep an eye out for a rebuild auto tranny from a turbo minivan at the wrecker, about 80 bucks.

have fun with it, if you want to do any of the mods listed above, take your time, enjoy it stock for now, and if you save up money, start doing it slowly.

have fun :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
03-07-2004, 12:50 AM
yo finboy, corollas have a panhard rear, but u can get custom coilovers :thumbsup:

finboy
03-07-2004, 02:28 AM
really? hmm, i'll have to look into that some more, the omni's and chargers utilize the coilover rear shock design, so i was thinking if i could use those.

do you have any pics?

i would really like adjustable rear suspension in the back as well.

GorG
03-07-2004, 03:41 AM
first cars are the shit nothing beat the memories you have in em

finboy
03-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by finboy
really? hmm, i'll have to look into that some more, the omni's and chargers utilize the coilover rear shock design, so i was thinking if i could use those.

do you have any pics?

i would really like adjustable rear suspension in the back as well.

look what i found

http://home.earthlink.net/~grant-racing/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/adjsrearsusp_3a.jpg :burnout:

GTS Jeff
03-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by finboy

do you have any pics?

i would really like adjustable rear suspension in the back as well. i dont have any pics of it installed...not installed it just looks like any old coilover setup. ill show u how they look this summer :D

finboy
03-07-2004, 10:44 PM
:thumbsup:

A2VR6
03-07-2004, 11:58 PM
I swear you can have so much fun in K-cars... They're so fun to beat on. Congrats on getting the first car man and have tons of fun with it and it's 93 hp!