PDA

View Full Version : because vtech inside bro

Hallowed_point
09-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Holy hell spotted this last night. Reverse lights came on instead of brake lights. Sounded like a dying batch of bees. HELLAflushhhhhhh :eek:

ExtraSlow
09-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Too bad he didn't camber the fronts to match, then it would be sick, now it just looks like a half-assed, half-fininished monstrosity.

DeleriousZ
09-05-2014, 08:12 AM
He had a phone inside the car with him?

Also, why are his reverse lights on lol

16hypen3sp
09-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Too bad he didn't camber the fronts to match, then it would be sick, now it just looks like a half-assed, half-fininished monstrosity.

Agreed.

2Legit2Quit
09-05-2014, 08:22 AM
mad tyte

Hallowed_point
09-05-2014, 08:30 AM
I've seen how poorly these hellaflush cars can handle at high speeds pretty scary to think of that thing going on deerfoot haha. Idk that look only suits certain cars imo. It honestly looked like a wheel could fall off at any second.

J.M.
09-05-2014, 08:50 AM
no flex zone

FullFledgedYYC
09-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I was sitting on the other side of the intersection when you took this, I was going to take a pic, glad someone did. Looked absolutely stupid in real life.

Hallowed_point
09-05-2014, 02:38 PM
^Nice..yeah I felt bad for a second but he was pumping his rap trying to be all pimp so I thought meh..feed em to the sharks

slinkie
09-07-2014, 12:08 PM
hella ill swag my man

egmilano
09-07-2014, 01:04 PM
that looks friggin stoopiddd :barf:
at least do the front man :banghead:

soloracer
09-10-2014, 09:51 AM
So how is that done? Is there an angled spacer you put on the studs? I guess not because the wheel would wobble. Extended lower control arms? Either way I don't get this trend - looks retarded and handles like shit.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 10:09 AM
^I have no idea. I'm assuming that first you must smoke crystal meth to think this is a good idea. I hope it gets banned here like in Quebec (hellaflush.) Too many people are doing this in a totally unsafe manner.

DeleriousZ
09-10-2014, 11:25 AM
No it's done by either replacing the suspension arms with highly adjustable ones, or modifying the spindle pickup point depending on what type of suspension you have.

I can see stuff like this picking up in popularity as it is very popular in japan right now, until the authorities step in and ruin it for everyone at least.

firebane
09-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DeleriousZ
No it's done by either replacing the suspension arms with highly adjustable ones, or modifying the spindle pickup point depending on what type of suspension you have.

I can see stuff like this picking up in popularity as it is very popular in japan right now, until the authorities step in and ruin it for everyone at least.

How can the authorities ruin it? Explain to me how this is even REMOTELY safe in any shape way or form?

Its not.

DeleriousZ
09-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by firebane

How can the authorities ruin it? Explain to me how this is even REMOTELY safe in any shape way or form?

Its not.

I'd rather drive beside someone with a car like this than any truck bigger than a ranger.

firebane
09-10-2014, 11:58 AM

I'd rather drive beside someone with a car like this than any truck bigger than a ranger.

That makes no sense at all? How is affecting the geometry outside of the safe scope of operation good for a vehicle or anyone on the road?

DeleriousZ
09-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Because if that thing runs into me it'll be a wreck. If a newer f150 turns into me I'll fucking die. Benefits of driving a lowered car with a terrible crash safety rating.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 01:13 PM
What if one of those wheels goes flying off or a tire bursts and causes someone else to crash? All for mad tyte hellaflush status.. :confused:

I'd also be curious to hear what Masked Bandit has to say re: insurance on vehicles that have cambered wheels like I posted earlier. Sure would suck to have a brand new subaru/honda all hellaflushed out, get in a wreck and have no coverage!

I don't like lifted trucks either. I don't like the idea of a monster truck crushing me like a coke can. But what can you do..we live in Ala-berta.

lee88
09-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Haha! I seen this car on the highway going to calgary from revelstoke a month ago. Everyone was passing this car cause it was driving very slow. Didn't look fit to drive on the highway

88CRX
09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Crazy wheels!

http://tarterusa.com/officialwebsite/wp-content/uploads/5-x-10-Wood-Floor-Trailer-with-Gate-Ramp.jpg

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by lee88
Haha! I seen this car on the highway going to calgary from revelstoke a month ago. Everyone was passing this car cause it was driving very slow. Didn't look fit to drive on the highway

Yeah..I bet he thought he looked pretty cool too :rolleyes:

firebane
09-10-2014, 01:47 PM
The rims are made by a company called Diamond Racing (http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/) and become a huge thing in the import world due to their crazy back spacing.

blairtruck
09-10-2014, 01:51 PM
The rims are made by a company called Diamond Racing (http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/) and become a huge thing in the import world due to their crazy back spacing.

they look like $60 winter rims.

firebane
09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck

they look like $60 winter rims.

Well close.. about $80/rim before shipping.

Tik-Tok
09-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
Sure would suck to have a brand new subaru/honda all hellaflushed out, get in a wreck and have no coverage!

Can't say I've ever heard of a Subie being hellaflushed, It's mostly a VW thing.

I did see an older gen BMW the other day on Mcknight though, the thing looked ridiculous. One side had WAY more camber than the other, and he couldnt even drive in a straight line.

88CRX
09-10-2014, 02:00 PM

I wouldn't say huge.... just a small number of people that think putting trailer wheels on their car is a cool thing. I think it's totally 100% ridiculous, and most others would agree.

OEM wheels > trailer steelies

The fact that they're $80/wheel says everything you need to know about this garbage.

Kramerica
09-10-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm assuming the reason he didn't do the front was because it would be impossible to drive, once that VTEC kicked in he would've torque steered into a ditch from so much power.

DeleriousZ
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Can't say I've ever heard of a Subie being hellaflushed, It's mostly a VW thing.

If it rolls on 4 wheels it's probably been hellaflushed lol.

firebane
Originally posted by 88CRX

I wouldn't say huge.... just a small number of people that think putting trailer wheels on their car is a cool thing. I think it's totally 100% ridiculous, and most others would agree.

OEM wheels > trailer steelies

The fact that they're $80/wheel says everything you need to know about this garbage.

They aren't trailer wheels at all. I have a similar style of rims on my truck and they are truck rims not trailer rims.

firebane
09-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Kramerica
I'm assuming the reason he didn't do the front was because it would be impossible to drive, once that VTEC kicked in he would've torque steered into a ditch from so much power.

The only way this car could have vtec would be if it was a SiR which did not exist in NA and were only available overseas.

This car at the most came with a SOHC D16A6.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 02:15 PM
There's more to cars than wheels and stance imo. Put some power to the pavement before you worry about blowing 4 grand on rims and tires.

That's whats wrong with today's car "scene" imo. So much flash with nothing to back it up. To each their own I guess.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Kramerica

:clap: Oh man. I backed down. He revved his dying bee hive honda at me and I was shaking in my boots. If my nitrous was warm I would've given him a go off the lights.

Dave P
09-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Yes, those tens of thousands F150's, Sierras, and 1500's should be banned.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

We (well not me) are in the minority..the slammed hellaflush crowd. The axe will come down soon enough. It will just take a couple more accidents or reports.

DeleriousZ
09-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

goddamn right they should be. lol

HiSpec
09-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I've seen those 'hellaflush' cars where the lip of the rim 1-2 mm away from the edge of the fender.

How does a slightest bump on the road not cause the wheel to smash itself into the fender?

Graham_A_M
09-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Wow what a disgrace. There is a POS red EG civic that has this same thing going near my parents house, I just look away everytime I drive past it, such a retarded trend. Holy fuck

DeleriousZ
09-10-2014, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
I've seen those 'hellaflush' cars where the lip of the rim 1-2 mm away from the edge of the fender.

How does a slightest bump on the road not cause the wheel to smash itself into the fender?

Either the camber gain that happens when the suspension compresses is enough to clear the fender or they're on bags and don't drive that low. That, or they're running super high spring rates on their coilovers so there isn't much suspension compression.

Kramerica
09-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Either the camber gain that happens when the suspension compresses is enough to clear the fender or they're on bags and don't drive that low. That, or they're running super high spring rates on their coilovers so there isn't much suspension compression.

I have cheap coilovers that I use in my Scirocco as placeholders till I decide what direction I want to go in with it that the hellaflush community eat up because they lower the suspension more than you're supposed to. The spring rates are ridiculously high to the point where the strut is going to blow out long before the wheel and fender touch.

eglove
09-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
There's more to cars than wheels and stance imo. Put some power to the pavement before you worry about blowing 4 grand on rims and tires.

That's whats wrong with today's car "scene" imo. So much flash with nothing to back it up. To each their own I guess.

And where can you go to go fast? That's the problem with the car community here. So many haters and not a lot of appreciaters for all types and styles of car building.

Your mindset is what ruins the car community.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by eglove
And where can you go to go fast? That's the problem with the car community here. So many haters and not a lot of appreciaters for all types and styles of car building.

Your mindset is what ruins the car community.

I don't consider "a build" coil overs and expensive wheels? I guess someone has to keep these "boutique neon wheel" companies in business but it won't be me. +1 for ban hellaflush in Alberta.

And I'll gladly hate on some sad little clown in a car like the one I posted. Bumping 50 cent and making everyones ears ring with his exhaust.

eglove
09-10-2014, 07:40 PM
So you're hating because you don't enjoy his music? Who cares what he listens to. I don't give two shits what another person listens to. That's some 10 year old child mentality bullshit.

Just because it's what you don't consider doesn't a build doesn't mean it isn't. Someone put hard work into it regardless.

If they like cars and that's the way they like to mod them. Then good for them. So what he can't afford anything else but diamond racing steelies. Maybe he's on his way up. Or maybe some asshole who didn't like the music he listens to stole his xxr's he saved up for.

You're attitude just adds to the cliquey bullshit attitude that plagues the calgary car community and contributes to society just banning shit for no reason there are more important things out there to ban then some cambered wheels with toe out damage.

firebane
09-10-2014, 08:01 PM
So you're hating because you don't enjoy his music? Who cares what he listens to. I don't give two shits what another person listens to. That's some 10 year old child mentality bullshit.

Just because it's what you don't consider doesn't a build doesn't mean it isn't. Someone put hard work into it regardless.

If they like cars and that's the way they like to mod them. Then good for them. So what he can't afford anything else but diamond racing steelies. Maybe he's on his way up. Or maybe some asshole who didn't like the music he listens to stole his xxr's he saved up for.

You're attitude just adds to the cliquey bullshit attitude that plagues the calgary car community and contributes to society just banning shit for no reason there are more important things out there to ban then some cambered wheels with toe out damage.

There is nothing with modding a car and I have no issues with people modding their cars.

But when I feel the mod can be harmful not only to the drive but the people around him then I have an issue with that.

This car is a perfect example of a bad mod and as others have said I am glad shit like this was banned in other provinces.

Hallowed_point
09-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Uh dude he had subs in that shitbox that forced me to listen to his generic rap. If he put hard work into that honda and this is what he ended up with id say put hard work into moving out of moms basement instead. I didn't realize those are cheap wheels I'll give him credit for that. Hopefully he hasn't sunk too much money into that heap.

Fly Fishin'
09-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Some hellaflush cars are sick looking but if it over done or poorly done then it is not worth the scrap metal. 20s on the right car work...but "donks" should all be melted.

Kramerica
09-10-2014, 09:38 PM

It takes all of 10 minutes to jack a car up, crank the camber out to max and put wheels on and get it back down. Maybe put shims in the back depending on the car, which would take some extra work but the hella flush crew aren't exactly the Michelangelo of car modders.

You can say what you want about them looking a certain way, beauty is in the eye of the beholder or whatever other bullshit but the truth is 99% of these guys half ass it, cut corners and usually end up ruining a great car as a result.

Fly Fishin'
09-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Yah, same as the trailer queens that get pulled to the car shows. I like to look but i would never own one.

Hallowed_point
09-11-2014, 08:50 AM
^Exactly..primadonna bullshit form>function can die a slow death imo.

FraserB
09-11-2014, 10:45 AM

No one's ever put hard work into that lol.

slinkie
09-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
Some hellaflush cars are sick looking but if it over done or poorly done then it is not worth the scrap metal. 20s on the right car work...but "donks" should all be melted.

Dude wtf? Donks are sick. Never seen one in calgary though

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/Skittles-Donk2.jpg

Hallowed_point
09-11-2014, 01:02 PM
^I'd bet there's at least 1-5 ghetto as all hell donks in the NE :dunno:

DeleriousZ
09-11-2014, 01:13 PM
I haven't seen any personally, but I've seen pics of a few around calgary.