TomcoPDR
09-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

The diffuser-looking thing is a reflection from my defroster vents

http://i.imgur.com/bM5SgHA.jpg

Blahahahaha, nice spotting

egmilano
09-07-2014, 12:35 PM
theres a few kickin around for sure, ive seen at least 2 suvs this summer with fake amg stickers lol good find haha

killramos
09-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by egmilano
theres a few kickin around for sure, ive seen at least 2 suvs this summer with fake amg stickers lol good find haha

Yea there are a lot of wannabes that's for sure. Thing is the price gap isn't even that huge from the 350... Which most of the fakes are.

slinkie
09-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by egmilano

Yeah there is a black CLS500 "AMG" in bridgeland, at least that's a nice car though

killramos
09-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

Yeah there is a black CLS500 "AMG" in bridgeland, at least that's a nice car though

Yea I think I have seen that one lol. Also a matte orange non AMG I keep seeing around tuxedo though I don't think that one has AMG badges but has a bunch of parts.

jacky4566
09-07-2014, 01:10 PM
At least he was trying with those rims.
Also a little self promotion. ;) E55 AMG for Sale (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/384408/fs-2006-mercedes-benz-e-class-e55-amg-sedan/)

rage2
09-07-2014, 01:26 PM
I was at a wedding the other day and someone called my car out as a c63 with a bodykit. I felt like a douche but had to correct him.

schocker
09-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I was at a wedding the other day and someone called my car out as a c63 with a bodykit. I felt like a douche but had to correct him.
How did you feel like a douche, you should have gasrolled him!

benyl
09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by rage2

He just felt big leagued in his c230.

killramos
09-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Yup this all all just like having ///M logos all over a car that isn't really an M Car.

Oh wait... :devil:

Hallowed_point
09-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Every group has this issue. For example, "Fobras" (fake cobra v6/v8 stangs) I'll make an exception to being a judgmental douche if the car is actually fast :poosie:

(1) take out mufflers on your v6 car/put on aggressive mufflers or straight pipe it.

(2) stick on badges of a more expensive model.

(3) live in the n.e.

(4) impress everyone.

Redlined_8000
09-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Ughh ive seen this alot compared to other car brands re-badging. Complete posers... And douches.

shakalaka
09-07-2014, 10:16 PM
When I had my c350, I had the quad pipes and everything done to it. I had it debadged though. Didn't put amg badges on it. I would get people think it was a c63 all the time after looking at the quad exhaust but I'd just correct them. I am sure these guys get a few hp just with the badges. Lol

?????
09-08-2014, 12:38 AM
You guys forget the term"rice"? :D

Sugarphreak
09-08-2014, 07:35 AM

Hallowed_point
09-08-2014, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't call you out on a grill. I'm debating putting a Cobra bumper/hood on my SN95 but there is no way I'm putting Cobra snake badges on it. Well, maybe after it get's boosted :angel:

Fake badging bugs me the most.

Sugarphreak
09-08-2014, 12:25 PM

Hallowed_point
09-08-2014, 12:46 PM
^Yeah a grill badge wouldn't stand out like a whole bunch of fake badges on the decklid/wheel arches etc to me. Keep the badge if you do it imo.

Sugarphreak
09-08-2014, 12:51 PM

blitz
09-08-2014, 01:23 PM
You can pop off the badge and dremel and sand away the support piece. :thumbsup:

Freedom69
09-08-2014, 08:48 PM
There are a lot of fake CTS-Vs out there as well.

I see them posted on the V Forum all the time...

I'm not sure why someone would do it for a few reasons.

1 - If you're imitating a fast car, sooner or later you'll get called out.

2 - Anyone that knows cars will know you're a fraud.

3 - If you have that much of an issue with self esteem, save for a bit longer and buy the actual car you are trying to imitate, or read a book, listen to some Tony Robbins and deal with who you are.

4 - Once your friends and family find out that you duped them, you will grow old alone and miserable, eventually giving up at which time you walk out into the Bow River at high water to get swept away, with all your loser problems...

R154
09-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Freedom69
There are a lot of fake CTS-Vs out there as well.

I see them posted on the V Forum all the time...

I'm not sure why someone would do it for a few reasons.

1 - If you're imitating a fast car, sooner or later you'll get called out.

2 - Anyone that knows cars will know you're a fraud.

3 - If you have that much of an issue with self esteem, save for a bit longer and buy the actual car you are trying to imitate, or read a book, listen to some Tony Robbins and deal with who you are.

4 - Once your friends and family find out that you duped them, you will grow old alone and miserable, eventually giving up at which time you walk out into the Bow River at high water to get swept away, with all your loser problems...

:whipped:

jesus tap dancing christ option number 4 is heavy, man.

Orbie
09-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

True, although the SQ5 doesn't have any of that... it looks identical to the Q5, haha.

If I owned an SQ5 I'd probably ditch the 20" rims, get a stock grill and rear badge and just be a sleeper, haha.

The biggest visual difference would be the quad exhaust (big thing on AMG's and S cars), that's probably how the guy in this thread was noticed and is a big visual difference between the Q5 and SQ5 too. There are the SQ5 brake calipers as well but those may be harder to notice.

Sugarphreak
09-15-2014, 01:03 PM

killramos
09-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

The biggest visual difference would be the quad exhaust (big thing on AMG's and S cars), that's probably how the guy in this thread was noticed and is a big visual difference between the Q5 and SQ5 too. There are the SQ5 brake calipers as well but those may be harder to notice.

The funny part about S cars is they have quad but RS cars have Dual :rofl:

never
09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I wouldn't call you out on a grill. I'm debating putting a Cobra bumper/hood on my SN95 but there is no way I'm putting Cobra snake badges on it. Well, maybe after it get's boosted :angel:

Fake badging bugs me the most.

So you mean I should take the V badges off of the Marquis?

Hallowed_point
09-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by never
So you mean I should take the V badges off of the Marquis?

Nope...because it's you so I know it wont be a poser mobile. :burnout:

colinxx235
09-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by killramos

The funny part about S cars is they have quad but RS cars have Dual :rofl:

All the R's have had the ovals which are still quads, 2 outlets in each oval. Merely a trade mark for differentiation between S/RS models.

Just like how they do the silver mirrors to differentiate S/R vs the regulars.

As for phreaks Q5 they have changed the rear so much i'm not sure what exhaust is on it. I know the SQ5 exhaust sticks out vs the others.

My friend drives an RS4 and called me a "poser" when my ex bought me the black honey comb grill for xmas to throw on the S4. I still haven't done it because the 3-4 hours + tools involved was more work than I expected, plus I wasn't happy having to pull the whole front end of my car off. Contemporary Coachworks told me they were going to do it while they fixed the hit and run damage then gave me some absolute BS excuse half way through the job why they weren't allowed to for "safety" reasons

killramos
09-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235

All the R's have had the ovals which are still quads, 2 outlets in each oval. Merely a trade mark for differentiation between S/RS models.

Just like how they do the silver mirrors to differentiate S/R vs the regulars.

As for phreaks Q5 they have changed the rear so much i'm not sure what exhaust is on it. I know the SQ5 exhaust sticks out vs the others.

My friend drives an RS4 and called me a "poser" when my ex bought me the black honey comb grill for xmas to throw on the S4. I still haven't done it because the 3-4 hours + tools involved was more work than I expected, plus I wasn't happy having to pull the whole front end of my car off. Contemporary Coachworks told me they were going to do it while they fixed the hit and run damage then gave me some absolute BS excuse half way through the job why they weren't allowed to for "safety" reasons

Learn something new every day!

Can't say I ever took the time to stick my head inside the tips to find out.