PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for AHS in IT

codetrap
09-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey there guys. I'm curious. Anyone work for AHS in their IT realm? I'm curious as to what the culture is there, high points, low points. Specifically in IT, but if you deal with them on a regular basis, that'd be good information too.

Thanks in advance.

Mibz
09-16-2014, 09:36 PM
I know one guy who works there doing Citrix stuff and he says the two other guys on his team are ridiculously smart.

So yeah... I know that's a ton of help.

xnvy
09-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I never worked at IT there but I did work with them for a bit. A lot of it is just going around and updating software on the different computers and giving newbies credentials and whatnot. They didn't really seem stressed over there. I only worked at AHS for 4 months and with IT for about two weeks so this is just a really narrow view of what they do. Hopefully an actual enployee can chime in.

nicknolte
09-19-2014, 01:02 PM
I guy I worked with moved over to IT from supply chain, and loves it

Works from home whenever he wants, and apparently it's a pretty low stress environment

91Accord
09-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Codetrap, PM me. Current employee.

Bladeh
09-19-2014, 06:03 PM
A buddy worked in AHS doing the Telehealth, setting up videoconference technology for a year while employee was on a maternity leave, best gig he ever had, little stress and well paid for small amount of work.

firebane
09-19-2014, 06:09 PM
There is a lot of contract work for AHS for certain IT things. Company I work for provides support for printers and desktops if my memory services correctly.

The_Penguin
09-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I know one guy who works there doing Citrix stuff and he says the two other guys on his team are ridiculously smart.

So yeah... I know that's a ton of help.

Wish I was smart enough to get a co-worker to do the all Citrix stuff. :)

codetrap
09-07-2015, 09:23 AM

G-ZUS
09-07-2015, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Hey guys. So I'm considering a job at AHS and I have a question about the LAPP and the benefits, basically, I'm looking at opinions. Does anyone know about the parking situation in Quarry Park? It seems like it's all impark..

Thoughts?

I believe each union has negotiated their benefits differently. So the answer would depend on which union they belong to. LAPP is ~700 per month IIRC. Not sure about the parking situation @ Quarry Park but most if not all other sites are wait listed for parking.

91Accord
09-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Technically QP parking is ~$95/month. However, the lot is public lot and not patrolled so many people park there without paying.

eblend
09-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Didn't ahs outsource all their IT at one point? I heard they are bring it back in-house and are hiring a bunch. If my current contract doesn't turn into full time I might look at applying there myself.

3nergiz3d
09-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by eblend
Didn't ahs outsource all their IT at one point? I heard they are bring it back in-house and are hiring a bunch. If my current contract doesn't turn into full time I might look at applying there myself.

About 3 weeks ago, they had a bunch of openings for Servers, Storage, Networks, Desktops and etc...

codetrap
09-07-2015, 08:50 PM

SmAcKpOo
09-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by eblend

I absolutely guarantee you make more than what AHS would offer. The positions that are available look to be Tier 2 shift work and it seems salaries are static (storage tier2 making the same as network tier2).

Besides that, I would also assume that 90% of those IT people working at AHS are shit.

codetrap
09-10-2015, 02:29 PM

judicator
09-10-2015, 09:46 PM
IT was outsourced to IBM, but we're bringing it back in-house.

Someone mentioned before that there is a parking pass, but afaik, impark hasn't come back in months to a year to check/give out tickets. In addition to street parking the local coop has an overflow lot we can take advantage of.

If you're IT, and an A2, you'll most likely be in the AUPE GSS, LAP is roughly 300~ paycheque, as well as roughly $30 in union dues, I forgot the union benefits but you pay like 25% of the benefits every other paycheque.

codetrap
09-10-2015, 10:14 PM