PDA

View Full Version : Review: Jiffylube @ creekside

Asian_defender
09-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Noticed the posting from a beyonder about hiring a part time guy for the Jiffy Lube. Needed an oil change for my RSX so I thought why not?

Pulled up and all bays were full. Was told it would be between 5-10 mins. 5 Mins later I was in

Kent was the owner or manager? and the beyonder (Don't remember the username).
Service was quick and staff were friendly. Exactly what you would expect. I asked for Mobil 1 but was asked if I wanted the pennzoil instead as the price was cheaper and performance was about the same.

Price was about $120 (don't have exact number on me) which was what I expected. It was about 20 mins
Battery, tires, tranny fluid, wash fluid were all checked

If you live in the area and you need a quick no appointment oil change done I would recommend Jiffylube here. I'll continue to bring in my RSX

bigbadboss101
09-22-2014, 04:17 PM
I plan to go there next for my Subaru. I like Pennzoil and read lot of good things about the PP and PU.
Thanks for the review!

Graham_A_M
09-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Wow, a lube shop that actually does a good job? Blasphemy!

Hmm, sounds like a good place I'll have to check it out

relyt92
09-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Synthetic change for an RSX is up to $120? Dang.

Mista Bob
09-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Would hope they do a good job, that's almost 3x as much as I've paid to have a dealership do it.

Asian_defender
09-22-2014, 09:18 PM
120 for the Pennzoil ultra + performance filter. I think it's worth it to be done in 20 mins instead of booking with the dealership a week in advance and either waiting around all day or deal with their terrible shuttle service

25 mins including the wait without an appointment :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

To the beyonder that says this is 3x the cost. I doubt your getting full synthetic for $40. Its a 50 dollar upgrade to do synthetic from acura anyways

Rat Fink
09-22-2014, 09:24 PM

Graham_A_M
09-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Mista Bob
Would hope they do a good job, that's almost 3x as much as I've paid to have a dealership do it. lol it wasn't synthetic then. For my car with synthetic it's $180

topsecret
09-23-2014, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Asian_defender
Noticed the posting from a beyonder about hiring a part time guy for the Jiffy Lube. Needed an oil change for my RSX so I thought why not?

Pulled up and all bays were full. Was told it would be between 5-10 mins. 5 Mins later I was in

Kent was the owner or manager? and the beyonder (Don't remember the username).
Service was quick and staff were friendly. Exactly what you would expect. I asked for Mobil 1 but was asked if I wanted the pennzoil instead as the price was cheaper and performance was about the same.

Price was about $120 (don't have exact number on me) which was what I expected. It was about 20 mins
Battery, tires, tranny fluid, wash fluid were all checked

If you live in the area and you need a quick no appointment oil change done I would recommend Jiffylube here. I'll continue to bring in my RSX

Thanks for the great review, it was nice meeting you!

For any other beyonders planning to come make sure you ask for the beyond discount, 10% off! :burnout:

G-ZUS
09-23-2014, 08:27 AM
Apparently, I'm in the wrong business. I should open up one of these :dunno:

TQuon
09-23-2014, 08:31 AM
As a side note, lots of fast lube shops AND dealerships will allow you to bring in your own
oil and oil filter if you want... you can save a lot of money if you just buy your stuff on sale
and get them to use it.

sneek
09-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
lol it wasn't synthetic then. For my car with synthetic it's $180

You can get a synthetic oil change at a Honda dealers for ~$60. The dino oil is ~$40 (or 22.99 if you buy the car there usually).

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
lol it wasn't synthetic then. For my car with synthetic it's $180

Jeezus we charge $120+tax for synthetic on the GS...

mrsingh
09-23-2014, 09:23 AM
I have been there a few times and always gotten great service, they have worked on my 4Runner, my IS and some previous cars. Last time I was there I made sure to ask for the beyond discount and got it no questions asked.

avishal26
09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
^ There is a beyond discount at this Jiffy Lube?! Dammit haha I take my M35x there all the time.

One thing though - every tech (except for this one guy that I don't see there anymore) always has trouble putting the dipstick in my M back in. It annoys me every time I see them messing around. :rofl: I find them decent overall - don't take long to do an oil change - I do full synthetic as well.

My one issue at this place is that the last time, this one tech that was checking my tire pressure...was using a regular old $1 gas station air pressure gauge... and told me the pressure was about right at 35psi - when I told him my TPMS shows 32 or 31 psi for all 4 tires, he told me my TPMS is probably wrong because of the wet weather and his gauge was correct :banghead:

Mind you my only other oil shop experience was a Mr. Lube on Macleod when I had my 1990 240sx back in 2007 - no complains there either.

Main reason I like this JiffyLube is because its super close to my place and I have never had to wait. I pay about $120 for full synthetic as well. I got the 'performance' filter once but don't see the reason to pay an extra $20.

Overall I also recommend this place and I like the techs here too.

AndyL
09-23-2014, 09:56 AM
This ones been my goto for a while now... Damnit actually I need to go bug him again :)

topsecret
09-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by avishal26
^ There is a beyond discount at this Jiffy Lube?! Dammit haha I take my M35x there all the time.

One thing though - every tech (except for this one guy that I don't see there anymore) always has trouble putting the dipstick in my M back in. It annoys me every time I see them messing around. :rofl: I find them decent overall - don't take long to do an oil change - I do full synthetic as well.

My one issue at this place is that the last time, this one tech that was checking my tire pressure...was using a regular old $1 gas station air pressure gauge... and told me the pressure was about right at 35psi - when I told him my TPMS shows 32 or 31 psi for all 4 tires, he told me my TPMS is probably wrong because of the wet weather and his gauge was correct :banghead:

Mind you my only other oil shop experience was a Mr. Lube on Macleod when I had my 1990 240sx back in 2007 - no complains there either.

Main reason I like this JiffyLube is because its super close to my place and I have never had to wait. I pay about $120 for full synthetic as well. I got the 'performance' filter once but don't see the reason to pay an extra $20.

Overall I also recommend this place and I like the techs here too.

Thanks, I like hearing feedback both positive and negative, I will talk to my guys about this!

Speed_69
09-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by sneek

You can get a synthetic oil change at a Honda dealers for ~$60. The dino oil is ~$40 (or 22.99 if you buy the car there usually).

The $60 at Honda dealers isn't full synthetic, it's a semi synthetic oil. You're looking at least $100+ for full synthetic. That's what the service advisor told me the last time I went in for servicing.

know1edge
09-23-2014, 12:23 PM

mr2mike
09-23-2014, 12:35 PM
When I need my oil changed I go to this place really close by. Pull in and get the oil changed. I get to pick the oil I want and filter name too.
They let me leave the car there overnight as well.
Cost is the price of the oil and filter.

avishal26
09-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

I think everyone in the world has trouble with this retarded dipstick

If you're referring to the M35's dipstick , then yes - even I have trouble sometimes lol

avishal26
09-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by topsecret

Thanks, I like hearing feedback both positive and negative, I will talk to my guys about this!

Thanks!

I will be sure to ask for the beyond discount next time I'm in :burnout:

Graham_A_M
09-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Jeezus we charge $120+tax for synthetic on the GS... k, I need to start going to your place, at Shag, just regular oil is $120 :nut: so I just said fuck it, I bought the filter tool and have been doing them myself ever since. Big thumbs down for Shag service. Everytime I went I've been let down by them on multiple levels

Hallowed_point
09-23-2014, 06:18 PM
I can't believe anyone would pay $80 or over $100 for an oil change..do it yourself! It takes all of 30 minutes. Unless you don't have the work space/time/ability. I can do a full synthetic change with filter for about $35 if I get oil on sale.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I can't believe anyone would pay $80 or over $100 for an oil change..do it yourself! It takes all of 30 minutes. Unless you don't have the work space/time/ability. I can do a full synthetic change with filter for about $35 if I get oil on sale.

When I had my 135i it cost me about $100 to do a oil change myself...

Hallowed_point
09-23-2014, 06:30 PM
When I had my 135i it cost me about $100 to do a oil change myself...

Well, if you must use vice-chancellor heidelberg's premium synthetic from Deutschland with an OEM bmw filter I'm sure if would be that much.

Honestly, I don't buy into the hype with high end synthetics anymore. Waste of money for better packaging and purple oil. Buy the cheapest synthetic you can and run a good filter. Done!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-23-2014, 06:37 PM

Well, if you must use vice-chancellor heidelberg's premium synthetic from Deutschland with an OEM bmw filter I'm sure if would be that much.

Honestly, I don't buy into the hype with high end synthetics anymore. Waste of money for better packaging and purple oil. Buy the cheapest synthetic you can and run a good filter. Done!

Castrol 0W30 and a BMW filter, nothing special.

7 litres of oil at $12/ litre was pretty crippling.

Hallowed_point
09-23-2014, 06:39 PM

Castrol 0W30 and a BMW filter, nothing special.

7 litres of oil at $12/ litre was pretty crippling.

Ahh right. Those euros have crazy oil capacity relative to displacement. Is the whole idea to make for a yearly oil change ?(only.) $12/L is pretty steep. Why not run non castrol?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-23-2014, 06:43 PM

Ahh right. Those euros have crazy oil capacity relative to displacement. Is the whole idea to make for a yearly oil change ?(only.) $12/L is pretty steep. Why not run non castrol?

Preffered to stick with manufacture recommended stuff since I still had warranty.

I changed it every 7000km on the dot which was about 2.5 months per change for me...

Graham_A_M
09-23-2014, 06:43 PM
I can't believe anyone would pay $80 or over $100 for an oil change..do it yourself! It takes all of 30 minutes. Unless you don't have the work space/time/ability. I can do a full synthetic change with filter for about $35 if I get oil on sale. now that I know I won't void my warranty if I keep my receipts, I have been. I can do a full royal purple or Amsoil change for about $70, but even for a 2.0, damn thing takes 5.2L. Fuck you turbo! Lol

Sugarphreak
09-23-2014, 09:28 PM

03ozwhip
09-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Topsecret, can your shop do lowered cars? I can't find a shop in my town that can do it and I don't have the time to do it on my days off.

Also, I have the oil and filter, how much would it cost to do it with my own stuff?

ddduke
09-24-2014, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
I buy my Pennzoil platinum when it goes on sale for $25-30/jug at Walmart, Crappy tire, etc. (YES, FULL SYNTHETIC). Do you think full-synthetic is some kind of mystifying anomaly that commands an absurd price these days? I have a shelf full of the stuff. My filters are $6 for OEM. I do it myself along with a tire rotation and brake inspection (dealerships do this....quick lubes can't). What I'm trying to say is you could do it yourself and not pay $120. That's just crazy!

If you come to my house and pay me 120 dollars for an oil change I'll even cook you supper!
:rofl:

I do it for the convenience, I personally could not care less about the extra $80 or $100 it costs me. You still have to hunt for oil that is on sale, drive there, pick it up and get dirty changing it. My time is worth more then that, why nickel and dime everything.

I will gladly give you $120 to come to my house and change my oil if you can do it on my schedule. I can even make it a cool $150 if you do it while I sleep then put the keys in my mailbox.

bigbadboss101
09-24-2014, 06:44 AM
I did see mobile oil change ads on Kijiji. How much they charge I don't know. I agree with the convenience. Various things I can do but I rather do something else with my time (eg. paint the house, power rake, change oil).

topsecret
09-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
Topsecret, can your shop do lowered cars? I can't find a shop in my town that can do it and I don't have the time to do it on my days off.

Also, I have the oil and filter, how much would it cost to do it with my own stuff?

How low is your car? I get my s15 in the shop backwards and do that for a number of other customers lowered cars, we have done vipers, c6 z06 vettes, slammed vw's 911's etc so it shouldn't be a problem!

44.98 plus tax if you bring your own product, not including the 10% discount!

Here is a pic of my car, its the lowest one I have had to deal with, it scrapes a little coming in/going out if I don't use planks of wood to help.

Hallowed_point
09-24-2014, 08:41 AM
I enjoy changing my own oil, but I have the free time to do it. It's good therapy one on one time with my machine :devil: Some cars just straight up suck to change the oil on though so I can understand!

mrsingh
09-24-2014, 09:28 AM
My IS is lowered about 2" on coilovers and I didn't scrape going in.

Sidenote: Nice clean S15!

03ozwhip
09-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Ya it's about as low as your car topsecret, so shouldn't be an issue if you can get yours on. Where is this place? I don't live in calgary, so I don't know creekside...

topsecret
09-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
Ya it's about as low as your car topsecret, so shouldn't be an issue if you can get yours on. Where is this place? I don't live in calgary, so I don't know creekside...

It's located at 12600 Symons Valley RD NW Located beside the Shell gas station!

Thanks mrsingh!

avishal26
09-24-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

I do it for the convenience, I personally could not care less about the extra $80 or $100 it costs me. You still have to hunt for oil that is on sale, drive there, pick it up and get dirty changing it. My time is worth more then that, why nickel and dime everything.

I will gladly give you $120 to come to my house and change my oil if you can do it on my schedule. I can even make it a cool $150 if you do it while I sleep then put the keys in my mailbox.

agreed... its about convenience not cost... my time is worth way more :D

Plus I always hated having a pan of used oil sitting around till I stopped procrastinating and figured out where to take it to get disposed.

Hallowed_point
09-24-2014, 10:12 AM
I also live within walking distance to the Richard way fire dept drop off..my time off work ain't worth over $100/hr.

jabjab
12-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Just to confirm its about $45 bucks to do an oil change if I bring by own oil and filter?

Still offering beyond discounts?

NoMoreG35
12-27-2014, 11:24 PM
Now my oil change sounds cheap..

jwslam
01-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jabjab
Just to confirm its about $45 bucks to do an oil change if I bring by own oil and filter?
Was there saturday. I believe it's $45.99 he told me.

There's a coupon on their website for their oil.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on friendly service.

topsecret
01-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

Was there saturday. I believe it's $45.99 he told me.

There's a coupon on their website for their oil.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on friendly service.

Thanks for the kind words, I will pass this on to the guys that were in on sat!!

Originally posted by jabjab

Still offering beyond discounts?

Customers own product is $44.98 before tax!

Beyond gets 10% off on all services, just mention it to my guys, make sure to remind them when you are cashing out!

We also offer air miles on Penzoil oil change packages as well, keep in mind this does not apply when you bring in your own oil! :burnout:

s dime
06-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Was in this morning for an oil change on the new truck. In and out efficiently, professionaly run place. Beyond discount honoured, I will be back.

soupey
06-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Been going here a few times since seeing this thread.

I'm not sure if it's staff changeover or what, but the last time I was in they were trying to oversell me on a bunch of services and extras.

They royally fucked up on a simple oil change and have caused damage to my car, I'll be posting a review shortly, but I've sent a message to the owner on beyond to see if he'll resolve things prior to posting it everywhere. Super frustrated with them over what should have been a simple oil change right now. :banghead:

Sugarphreak
06-24-2018, 09:54 PM

J-hop
06-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Been going here a few times since seeing this thread.

I'm not sure if it's staff changeover or what, but the last time I was in they were trying to oversell me on a bunch of services and extras.

They royally fucked up on a simple oil change and have caused damage to my car, I'll be posting a review shortly, but I've sent a message to the owner on beyond to see if he'll resolve things prior to posting it everywhere. Super frustrated with them over what should have been a simple oil change right now. :banghead:

Interested to see what they did. My guess is over/undertorqued the drain plug resulting in stripped threads and/or loss of oil?

Unfortunately they aren’t actual automotive techs that work there and they get absolute bare bones training. A friend used to work there and they were about the least mechanical person I knew. It’s pretty much Russian roulette

soupey
07-05-2018, 11:20 PM
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/407901-Stay-Away-from-Jiffy-Lube?p=4738933#post4738933

there's my experience, ill post up photos later. in hindsight it wasnt a royal fuckup, wasn't the end of my car or anything, just a stupid mistake that should never happen at any shop...it's not even the mistake that mattered in the end, it was the way the owner and workers lied directly to me after trying to do the right thing and fix the problem.

Mitsu3000gt
07-06-2018, 12:26 AM
A friend of my GF went to one of those lube places yesterday and they told her she had metal shards in her oil and therefore needed a coolant flush or a new car :rofl: