PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is it to get a camp security job?

phaedrus16
09-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Assuming one has all of the basic requirements, how difficult is it to get a camp security job up north (oilsands)? Do they usually prefer locals over non-locals? I'd like to do the basic course that provides one with their basic license, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

16hypen3sp
09-23-2014, 12:44 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/384528/camp-security-jobs/

You asked this question already. Why are you asking again? There was some good info in your first thread.

Contact Paladin, G4S, GARDA for security jobs.

ESS Support Services or ATCO Structures and Logistics to work in the camp itself.

All security jobs where I am are given to locals (and by locals I mean people that moved to the Mac from Africa/Asia.)

ESS and ATCO all seem to be non locals.

Are you sure you need a course to work as security there?

And as for pay, not great, especially if you have to live in town up there.

codetrap
09-23-2014, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
You asked this question already. Why are you asking again? There was some good info in your first thread.
LOL.... I saw this too, and I immediately thought to myself... he's asking about a security guard job... again... long term memory loss is a requirement for that job. hehe..

KO22
09-23-2014, 04:59 PM
It's not difficult at all, dealing with camp / site security most of them are so dumb it's mind boggling. It's an extremely boring job, but hey... if your lazy and don't like doing anything ever and getting paid it's worth it. I personally could never do it, but to each their own. Usual shifts 10/10 roughly ~20+ an hour. This is the Kearl Site (G4S).

FraserB
09-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Our security is Paladin and stay in the camp, not sure of the rotation.

But if you want to stand in the middle of a road and write down the names of truckers coming onto site all day, it's probably a sweet gig.

BavarianBeast
09-23-2014, 05:18 PM
If your going to go up to camp any ways, why not take up a trade and do something useful with your life while your at it? You'll make a lot more money and you'll be developing a career at the same time.

Hallowed_point
09-23-2014, 05:57 PM
You must (a) be a mouth breather (b) speak broken English if any (c) not do anything helpful because it's not your job (d) hide and sleep somewhere (e) watch al jazera on company computer (f) ignore obvious hazards (g) write "all ok" in every report.

*My name for Paladin Security is "Palliative Security" because I feel like I'm dealing with challenged people most of the time. They have a few good guards here and there but as to be expected..they move on to bigger & better things.