PDA

View Full Version : Sun News 'slut' comment leads to boycott.

Toma
09-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Lol.... Wow. Canadian Fox News does it again.

Lmao. What a bunch of degenerates lol

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/5870092?utm_hp_ref=tw

rage2
09-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Is it true tho?

msommers
09-23-2014, 03:03 PM
The shit that Ezra says sometimes is so :eek: I can't believe someone hasn't offed him yet.

rage2
09-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Apparently it's true. :bigpimp:

DeleriousZ
09-23-2014, 03:10 PM
http://i2.nxez.com/2009/1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

Toma
09-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Slut is a derogatory term. Cheap name calling. I've heard 'playboy'… 'don't Juan' or even promiscuous. Slut? Cheap garbage.

Sun news like their conservative masters wants to destroy the charter, so no wonder going after the man that gave it to us.

killramos
09-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Didn't realize he was in the habit of answering their questions anyhow...

freshprince1
09-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Trudeau has less experience than Obama had...look how that's turned out. I hope Canada doesn't make the same mistake and vote for the one that has the most musicians and movie stars backing him. The guy is a joke.

killramos
09-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Trudeau has less experience than Obama had...look how that's turned out. I hope Canada doesn't make the same mistake and vote for the one that has the most musicians and movie stars backing him. The guy is a joke.

:werd:

Who he's banging is irrelevant.

JRSC00LUDE
09-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Who he's banging is irrelevant.

Unless he gets elected, then he'll be fucking you. And your sister. Your mom. Everyone.

Toma
09-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Trudeau will make harper look like a corrupt idiot.

Wait... Conservatives do that on their own. Lol

Seth1968
09-23-2014, 04:32 PM
OTTAWA — Justin Trudeau won’t be answering Sun Media’s questions anymore.

The Liberal leader's office issued a short statement Tuesday saying the organization’s television network, Sun News, crossed an editorial line when it aired a particularly offensive rant by host Ezra Levant during his show last week.

I stopped right there.

Since when is free speech an obstruction to Democracy, and why can't he just FUCKING ANSWER some simple questions, instead of dodging them like the rest?

Because the same people who make that family rich, is the same people that integrate or subdue law.

Again, Democracy my ass.

Toma
09-23-2014, 04:35 PM

Obama did amazing considering Bush handed him a decimated economy....banks failing. Wall street failing. Housing destroyed. A roller coaster careening out of control.

Obama did great considering conservative congress fought EVERY step of recovery.

Jobs up. Back upto Record profits. Obamacare. ALL my US real estate at least doubling.....

He could have avoided the mid east conflicts though. That I am pissed about, but at least he didn't murder hundreds of thousands Over lies about wmds AMD other be.

FraserB
09-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

I stopped right there.

Since when is free speech an obstruction to Democracy, and why can't he just FUCKING ANSWER some simple questions, instead of dodging them like the rest?

Because the same people who make that family rich, is the same people that integrate or subdue law.

Again, Democracy my ass.

Ezra Levant is a moron, plain and simple. I don't think he's ever made a single comment that anyone one other than the extreme, extreme right wing agrees with. He and Sun Media basically cater the dregs of Conservative Canadians.

And before you get all upset over that, I'll bet you anything I'm more right wing than you.

16hypen3sp
09-23-2014, 04:41 PM
The Libs are corrupt too. Every party is.

Look at this list. Interesting that Quebecs list is so small... look at BC and Ontario :rofl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_political_scandals

EDIT: and yes, Trudeau will run this country into the ground.

16hypen3sp
09-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Ezra Levant is a moron, plain and simple. I don't think he's ever made a single comment that anyone one other than the extreme, extreme right wing agrees with. He and Sun Media basically cater the dregs of Conservative Canadians.

And before you get all upset over that, I'll bet you anything I'm more right wing than you.

You agree with Ethical Oil?
I watched that documentary where he takes on a debate with all of those enviro freaks and destroys them all. I think his arguments are pretty sound concerning that subject.

Seth1968
09-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Obama did amazing considering Bush handed him a decimated economy....banks failing. Wall street failing. Housing destroyed. A roller coaster careening out of control.

Obama did great considering conservative congress fought EVERY step of recovery.

Jobs up. Back upto Record profits. Obamacare. ALL my US real estate at least doubling.....

He could have avoided the mid east conflicts though. That I am pissed about, but at least he didn't murder hundreds of thousands Over lies about wmds AMD other be.

Originally posted by FraserB

Fair enough.

But are we talking about American or Canadian politics?

Each has their own individual agenda.

Robin Goodfellow
09-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

I watched that documentary where he takes on a debate with all of those enviro freaks and destroys them all. I think his arguments are pretty sound concerning that subject.

That's classic Ezra - Bullying fools to make himself look great.

Anywhere he shows up, he will avoid the informed and articulate, but seek out the bottom feeders so he can contrast himself against them.

Toma
09-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Free speech? Hahaha. That's hate speech. Minor difference. Lol

Robin Goodfellow
09-23-2014, 04:55 PM

I stopped right there.

Again, Democracy my ass.

I just read the article (WOW).

I will grudgingly concede that Ezras's right to sprew from his vile cakehole falls under freedom of speech.

But in no way does it obligate Trudeau to answer questions from an agency who actively supports abusive behavior of him.

His response is befitting of a gentleman, and contribute to raising the bar of real discourse.

kertejud2
09-23-2014, 04:56 PM

Harper was only an MP for 4 years before he became party leader. So I guess it depends on what kind of experience you're talking about.

It is hard to compare a Canadian PM and an American President because the PM isn't an executive separated from the rest of the party like Obama is. It is a completely different animal being an inexperienced President and even then it is completely dependent on the person and the people they're surrounded with.

16hypen3sp
09-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow

That's classic Ezra - Bullying fools to make himself look great.

Anywhere he shows up, he will avoid the informed and articulate, but seek out the bottom feeders so he can contrast himself against them.

I dunno... he walked into an enviro rally and anyone who wanted to challenge him could take him on.

Maybe the "informed and articulate" were too scared or just not up to the task... which would be pretty odd. If their arguments were so good then why not challenge him? Blown opportunity.

Of course, maybe they did and it was edited out.

Robin Goodfellow
09-23-2014, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Maybe the "informed and articulate" were too scared or just not up to the task... which would be pretty odd. If their arguments were so good then why not challenge him? Blown opportunity.

Of course, maybe they did and it was edited out.

Or it could be that reasonable people see no benefit in engaging with Ezra.

I recall hearing something about a twitter exchange between Ezra and Nenshi, in which Ezra was engaging in petty rhetorical games in order to impress the peanut gallery.

Mr. Nenshi learned the hard way that enging with Levant is like wrestling with a pig: the pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Understand that Ezra's not interested in exploring or illuminating any issue.... Ezra is there to generate sensationalism for the sake of Ezra.

Somehow, he's managed to pass himself off as some sort of pseudo-journalist, and leverage the trappings of the trade to his own advantage.... But he's just a vandal, a troll, and an arsonist.

Nitro5
09-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Slut is a derogatory term. Cheap name calling. I've heard 'playboy'… 'don't Juan' or even promiscuous. Slut? Cheap garbage.

Sun news like their conservative masters wants to destroy the charter, so no wonder going after the man that gave it to us.

Cause, you know, you never called Harper a Nazi or compared to Hilter or anything.

Toma
09-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Am I a televised media celebrity, representing what they try to pass of as a legit news organisation?

Stop being stupid. If you can't, just stop the words from leaving your body.

Seth1968
09-23-2014, 05:26 PM
[B Somehow, he's managed to pass himself off as some sort of pseudo-journalist, and leverage the trappings of the trade to his own advantage.... But he's just a vandal, a troll, and an arsonist. [/B]

No different than our government.

i dare you.

killramos
09-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Nitro5

Cause, you know, you never called Harper a Nazi or compared to Hilter or anything.

:rofl:

But you forget, "hate speech" is ok so long as it supports HIS viewpoints.

Gainsbarre
09-23-2014, 06:07 PM
and why can't he just FUCKING ANSWER some simple questions, instead of dodging them like the rest?

My thoughts exactly after seeing this exchange from question period today. I know the Harper Conservatives have a difficult time addressing questions and are masters of the "art" of question avoidance, but today's performance is a new low.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tempers-flare-in-the-house-over-iraq-mission-non-answers-1.2775543

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Politics/ID/2528554565/

(excerpts of the exchange)

Mulcair: Will the Conservative government confirm that the 30 day Canadian commitment in Iraq will indeed end on October 4?

Calandra: Well Mr. Speaker there's a great deal of confusion with respect to the NDP position on Israel...

Mulcair: Well I can understand the confusion — we are in the Middle East, and we are under the I's, but we're talking about Iraq ... precisely how many Canadian soldiers are on the ground in Iraq today?

Calandra: What does the leader of the opposition not understand that our friends in Israel are on the front lines combating terrorism...

Mulcair: (question about Canada's status of forces agreement with Iraq)

Calandra: Clearly the leader of the NDP does not understand the fact that our friends in Israel...

Trudeau is showing a lot of restraint by simply ignoring Sun News reporters after what Ezra Levant said about his family. I know my reaction would be far worse.

duaner
09-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Justin Trudeau is already destroying the Charter on his own. As has been said, they're all the same, they're all corrupt.

calgarygts
09-23-2014, 06:27 PM

Or it could be that reasonable people see no benefit in engaging with Ezra.

I recall hearing something about a twitter exchange between Ezra and Nenshi, in which Ezra was engaging in petty rhetorical games in order to impress the peanut gallery.

Mr. Nenshi learned the hard way that enging with Levant is like wrestling with a pig: the pig enjoys it and you get muddy.

Understand that Ezra's not interested in exploring or illuminating any issue.... Ezra is there to generate sensationalism for the sake of Ezra.

Somehow, he's managed to pass himself off as some sort of pseudo-journalist, and leverage the trappings of the trade to his own advantage.... But he's just a vandal, a troll, and an arsonist.

That's exactly what he's done. He's a brilliant speaker with no scruples, and it's served him well. As far as comparing him to the government - I'm not sure you can. While there are some pretty serious issues in government I really don't think anyone is quite the villain that Ezra is. I would not be surprised in the least to hear of him running over a baby on purpose because it helped sales of his latest publication.

Probably one of the only people in Canada that doesn't surprise me to hear using the word slut to describe a previous prime minister.

Ven
09-23-2014, 07:35 PM
So other than the opinion of Justin's kissing of the bride, what did Ezra say that wasn't true here?

btimbit
09-23-2014, 08:01 PM
The Sun is a joke, but Trudeau is a bigger one anyway

Sugarphreak
09-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Seth1968
09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
You might think that Harper is a joke on the world stage,...well Trudeau is poised things much worse.

Nitro5
09-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Am I a televised media celebrity, representing what they try to pass of as a legit news organisation?

Stop being stupid. If you can't, just stop the words from leaving your body.

I'm just working at your level. You revell in hyperbole and over the top rhetoric yet are disgusted when it's used by others?

Ezra Levant Is a showman. He acts like you on the national stage because it riles people up. He creates controversy for entertainment.

Don't hate because he makes a living acting like you do on this forum.

Gainsbarre
09-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Not sure how Trudeau can make Canada look worse on the international stage. Harper has been stubborn in his foreign policy and taking illogical stances simply because they reflect his own personal religious beliefs (e.g. his insatiable love for Israel -- I've never met an irreligious/non-religious person who's had such an infatuation for one country -- there's supposed to be separation of religion and state in Canada, but that certainly hasn't been the case since 2006), causing irreparable damage to our reputation as being a honest broker in mid-east affairs (e.g. think back to the only Canadian who has ever won the Nobel peace price and how that was accomplished...a far cry to Canada's current foreign policy under Harper). I haven't heard of Trudeau's religious beliefs (if he has any...) influencing his views on foreign policy, nor have I heard of him needlessly favoring one country over another.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Just makes him look like a little kid who stomps his feet when he gets his feathers ruffled... what if he got into power and China was critical of him on an international trip? Would he lock the door to the bathroom at the embassy until they apologized?

Are we talking about Trudeau or Harper here? Locking oneself in the bathroom when one doesn't get one's way is something that Harper (not Trudeau) has done...

http://www.businessinsider.com/canadian-prime-minister-locks-himself-in-brazilian-bathroom-until-he-gets-his-way-2011-8

On a visit to Brazil yesterday, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper locked himself in one of the foreign minister's bathrooms, protesting the Brazilian president's decision that toasts and speeches take place after her lunch with Harper, and not during the lunch, as Harper wanted. The prime minister refused to leave the bathroom until the Brazilian president gave in to his demands, the Washington Post reports.

Toma
09-24-2014, 02:05 AM
More dazzling performances from Harper....

Just follow the leader (US) lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/09/23/canada-climate-change_n_5871078.html

Toma
09-24-2014, 02:07 AM
What piece of shit...

Levant draws a comparison in Trudeau's behaviour to that of his parents, former prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau and Margaret Trudeau, who were "promiscuous and publicized how many conquests they had."

Of the former prime minister, Levant says, "He banged anyone. He was a slut." And Margaret "wasn't much different."

The sentiments are also expressed in an opinion column for Sun Media published Saturday.

'Beyond the bounds of civil discourse'

The groom and groomsman asked Trudeau to pose in some photos with the wedding party, Purchase told Huffington Post Canada. Trudeau asked the bride's permission before the kiss, she said, and the bride consented.

Trudeau's people have raised their concerns with Quebecor Inc., which owns the Sun News Network, and asked it to "consider an appropriate response," according to Purchase's statement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-boycotts-sun-media-over-ezra-levant-rant-1.2775747

killramos
09-24-2014, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Not sure how Trudeau can make Canada look worse on the international stage. Harper has been stubborn in his foreign policy and taking illogical stances simply because they reflect his own personal religious beliefs (e.g. his insatiable love for Israel -- I've never met an irreligious/non-religious person who's had such an infatuation for one country -- there's supposed to be separation of religion and state in Canada, but that certainly hasn't been the case since 2006), causing irreparable damage to our reputation as being a honest broker in mid-east affairs (e.g. think back to the only Canadian who has ever won the Nobel peace price and how that was accomplished...a far cry to Canada's current foreign policy under Harper). I haven't heard of Trudeau's religious beliefs (if he has any...) influencing his views on foreign policy, nor have I heard of him needlessly favoring one country over another.

You do know that Stephen Harper is not Jewish right? He is Christian, the same as every prime minister in the history of Canada has been to the best of my knowledge. I think you are misguided on the definition of separation of church and state. Israel is a country, not a religion.

I'm not getting into the stupid Israel - Palestine debate but we are allies with Israel ffs.

Always have been. The only difference is he stands up for his allies. :dunno:

Gainsbarre
09-24-2014, 07:07 AM

You do know that Stephen Harper is not Jewish right? He is Christian, the same as every prime minister in the history of Canada has been to the best of my knowledge. I think you are misguided on the definition of separation of church and state. Israel is a country, not a religion.

I'm not getting into the stupid Israel - Palestine debate but we are allies with Israel ffs.

Always have been. The only difference is he stands up for his allies. :dunno:

I never implied that he was Jewish. In fact, if he was, he'd probably have a much more impartial approach to the middle east, as nearly all the Jews I've known have had more balanced/worldly outlooks.

The most fervent supporters of Israel seem to be Christians, due to their beliefs of Israel being a prerequisite for the second coming. Harper appears to have this in spades, with his fanatical infatuation with Israel.

Sugarphreak
09-24-2014, 07:12 AM

Gainsbarre
09-24-2014, 07:24 AM
Not talking to Sun News reporters until Sun news responds to his allegation that they've made an offensive attack against his family seems like a civil response. If somebody make those inflammatory remarks about my family I'd have a tough time showing the same restraint he's showing right now. Isn't attacking one's family a bit offside (even for political discourse)? :dunno:

Sugarphreak
09-24-2014, 07:39 AM

killramos
09-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Gainsbarre
Not talking to Sun News reporters until Sun news responds to his allegation that they've made an offensive attack against his family seems like a civil response. If somebody make those inflammatory remarks about my family I'd have a tough time showing the same restraint he's showing right now. Isn't attacking one's family a bit offside (even for political discourse)? :dunno:

1 Trudeau only has this job because of who his family is, he sure likes to bring up his daddies legacy. Blurs the lines as to what is appropriate when it comes to bringing up his family.

2 If it's true which it seems to be why should Ezra or Sun apologize? Trust me their editor would have checked it all out. Maybe it was tasteless but that's his problem. Sun doesn't coddle Justin like the rest of the media does.

3 The boycott is meaningless and he never answered their questions to begin with. He even famously went off on a CBC reporter who he thought were Sun for asking him a hard question.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2491255757001

Wonder boy he is not :rolleyes:

killramos
09-24-2014, 07:43 AM
Maybe his mom should have worn panties when in public :rolleyes:

:rofl:

If it's ok to make fun if bush for being religious it's kosher ( pun intended ) to make fun of Justin's mom for being a whore.

codetrap
09-24-2014, 08:13 AM
I can't believe that you guys are even making this an issue. It's Sun media ffs. TMZ has a better reputation... if Trudeau doesn't want to talk to them anymore, that's totally his right. I personally wouldn't want to deal with anyone that called my dad a slut and publicly broadcast my mom didn't like to wear panties. Honestly, that's none of anyones business.

As for the photo? Who fucking cares. My dad kissed my bride on the cheek at our wedding, that certainly didn't mean he wanted to deflower my wife.....

Jesus... slow fucking news day or what?

Oh, and it's good to see Toma's back off his meds.

I'm just working at your level. You revell in hyperbole and over the top rhetoric yet are disgusted when it's used by others?

Ezra Levant Is a showman. He acts like you on the national stage because it riles people up. He creates controversy for entertainment.

Don't hate because he makes a living acting like you do on this forum. BAZINGA!!

EM2FTL
09-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Is anyone in this thread a regular SNN viewer?

sputnik
09-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Free speech? Hahaha. That's hate speech. Minor difference. Lol

Hyperbole much?

Oh right... forgot... Toma.

clem24
09-24-2014, 09:15 AM
What no link yet?

Clicky Clicky (NWS) (http://rocking-stars.com/en/Maggie-Trudeau/upskirt0.html)

rage2
09-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Should've had a NSFL (lunch) warning. I forgot people had pubes back in the day. :rofl:

Xtrema
09-24-2014, 09:54 AM
Next fed election, it's between a government with a direction I don't like and a newb that I don't trust and a party with ideology that I despise.

Canmorite
09-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Next fed election, it's between a government with a direction I don't like and a newb that I don't trust and a party with ideology that I despise.

A Turd Sandwich and a Giant Douche. Neither are worth my vote.

Robin Goodfellow
09-24-2014, 12:16 PM

You do know that Stephen Harper is not Jewish right?

Given the gallons of Israeli cum Harper's been guzzling the last few years, it's becoming difficult to tell.

He is Christian

More accurately, a Christian Zionist.

One of those warm hearted people that wants to see the Jews exterminate the Arabs, which will enable Jesus to find his way back and transport all of the nice, deserving people away to eternal Candyland.

And unlike the loony tunes of ISIS, Harper's not willing to die for his cause - He'd prefer to see others do so on his behalf.

Sugarphreak
09-24-2014, 12:28 PM

Robin Goodfellow
09-24-2014, 12:50 PM

Actually he is Evangelical

The two, of course, are not mutually exclusive and frequently co-exist.

Arash moment?

There are two kinds of delusions in this regard: Those who assume that there is an Israeli hand in everything, and those who deny that such a hand exists at all.

Nitro5
09-24-2014, 01:20 PM

Given the gallons of Israeli cum Harper's been guzzling the last few years, it's becoming difficult to tell.

More accurately, a Christian Zionist.

One of those warm hearted people that wants to see the Jews exterminate the Arabs, which will enable Jesus to find his way back and transport all of the nice, deserving people away to eternal Candyland.

And unlike the loony tunes of ISIS, Harper's not willing to die for his cause - He'd prefer to see others do so on his behalf.

I'd love to see the quote where Harper has stated he wishes to see the Arabs exterminated. It would change my stance in a heartbeat

killramos
09-24-2014, 01:48 PM

I'd love to see the quote where Harper has stated he wishes to see the Arabs exterminated. It would change my stance in a heartbeat

Where is all that tolerance we apparently have for Muslims, generalizing people on which church they choose to attend, is that not what Robin is implying?

But its trendy to support muslims now so :dunno:

Robin Goodfellow
09-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Of course, you'd never see it so clearly articulated. But such is an inevitable consequence of the position he takes.

Christian Zionism is a fast-growing segment of the Christian world. It's an ideology obsessed with the concept of Christian end times... An apocalyptic return of Jesus, which is seen as a desirable event to be hastened.

According to this ideology, Jesus won't return until the holy land is exclusively occupied by Jews. The Palestinians are seen as an obstacle to this, and Israel is supported against them at every turn.

Functionally, it is Israeli colonialism dressed up as a form of Christianity. It is an ideology that embraces war as a necessary step a happy theological ending. Several churches have condemned Christian Zionism as a Political/Military ideology, and a divergence from the teachings of Jesus.

Harper is the quintessential Christian Zionist, and this movement also makes up the core of his supporters.

If interested in learning more about Christian Zionism as a movement, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

The Harper tie-in is well covered in this review (http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2010/05/11/timing_of_books_release_downright_divine.html) of Marci Mcdonald's book "The Armageddon factor: The rise of Christian Nationalism in Canada"

killramos
09-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Well i don't know much about religions but this a quote of the main doctrines of his, apparently called Christian and Missionary Alliance ( somehow directly translated to Zionist of course )

The C&MA's Statement of Faith defines it as an evangelical Protestant denomination. The following is a summary of the Statement of Faith for the U.S. Church:[4]

One God who exists as a Trinity.

Jesus Christ is both God and man who died as a substitutionary sacrifice, was resurrected, ascended to heaven, and will return to establish his kingdom.

The Holy Spirit indwells, teaches, and empowers believers; he convinces the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

The Bible, in its original languages, is inerrant, divinely inspired, and the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of men. It is the only rule for Christian faith and practice.

Man was created in the image of God, but through disobedience is born with a sinful nature. Mankind can only be saved through Christ's "atoning work".

Those who repent and believe in Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, becoming children of God.

The will of God is for each believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit and "sanctified wholly" to receive "power for holy living and effective service". This is both a "crisis" and "progressive" experience occurring after conversion. Sanctification is "Separation from sin" and "Separation to God". The believer must, through faith, surrender, accept
Christ as sanctifier, and continue to abide in relationship with Christ through obedience to his Word.

Within the "redemptive work" of Christ provision is made for bodily healing. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are scriptural and the privilege of the Church.

The Church is all who believe in Christ, are redeemed through his blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. It has been called to fulfill the Great Commission. The local church is a body of believers joined together for worship, edification through God's Word, prayer, fellowship, proclaiming the gospel, and observing the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper.

The just shall be resurrected unto life and the unjust unto judgment.

The imminent second coming of Christ will be personal, visible, and premillennial.

It's weird i half expected eradicating Islam from Israel to be first on the list form what you were saying!

But you know he is obviously the devil incarnate :devil:

Again where is all this religious tolerance the lefties admire so heavily?

Nitro5
09-24-2014, 05:41 PM

Of course, you'd never see it so clearly articulated. But such is an inevitable consequence of the position he takes.

Christian Zionism is a fast-growing segment of the Christian world. It's an ideology obsessed with the concept of Christian end times... An apocalyptic return of Jesus, which is seen as a desirable event to be hastened.

According to this ideology, Jesus won't return until the holy land is exclusively occupied by Jews. The Palestinians are seen as an obstacle to this, and Israel is supported against them at every turn.

Functionally, it is Israeli colonialism dressed up as a form of Christianity. It is an ideology that embraces war as a necessary step a happy theological ending. Several churches have condemned Christian Zionism as a Political/Military ideology, and a divergence from the teachings of Jesus.

Harper is the quintessential Christian Zionist, and this movement also makes up the core of his supporters.

If interested in learning more about Christian Zionism as a movement, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

The Harper tie-in is well covered in this review (http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2010/05/11/timing_of_books_release_downright_divine.html) of Marci Mcdonald's book "The Armageddon factor: The rise of Christian Nationalism in Canada"

Could you please provide me with the quote where he says the second coming won't come until the holey land is occupied by the Jews.

killramos
09-24-2014, 05:50 PM

Could you please provide me with the quote where he says the second coming won't come until the holey land is occupied by the Jews.

But don't you see, He is BOTH a Christian and AND an ally of Israel. Due to that position he takes it is inevitable that he is pushing for the cleansing of the holy land.

Our little sheeple brains are to small to make the connection.

as for proof? WE CANT HANDLE THE PROOF!

:bullshit:

killramos
09-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Also lol at this conversation turning from Justin Trudeau's mom's snatch to cleansing of the holy land!

:hijack:

01RedDX
09-24-2014, 08:24 PM

HuMz
09-24-2014, 08:34 PM

As a christian this couldn't be further from the truth. There are no certain requirements for Jesus to return and no one knows when that will happen, and anyone that claims to know is probably a cult leader. There are certain end time events which will require certain things to happen in the nation of Israel, none of which have anything to do with Arabs being an obstacle in the Holy land.

01RedDX
09-24-2014, 08:44 PM

Darell_n
09-24-2014, 08:48 PM
When is the atheist movement going to rise up and declare war on other religions? For the hope of the human species the people in charge should ban any religious people from migrating off this planet.

HuMz
09-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Well, it's important as it's obvious that not many people are aware of Harper's religious affiliation. It is not just a regular Christian church. He is a member of Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, batshit fundamentalists who believe the earth is 6,000 years old, homosexuality is a sin and the second coming is imminent.

Frankly, it's a little concerning that it doesn't bother most of you. Religion has no place in the PM's office, certainly not the fundamentalist garbage that Harper subscribes to.

It explains a lot of his decisions and behaviour while in office. While I'm a supporter of Israel, I believe this Neo-Zionist fundamentalism is responsible for a lot of recent strife there, and it puts Israel in even greater danger. All the financial support for far-right Likud, the illegal settlements and ultra-religious Jewish fanatics comes from them.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/religions-fair-game-if-it-motivates-politics/article4450326/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/from-bible-bill-to-stephen-harper-the-evolution-of-faith-based-politics-1.1369490

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2014/01/28/why-did-10-evangelical-leaders-fly-with-harper-to-israel/

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2012/03/26/Harper-Evangelical-Mission/

https://www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=1470&f_id=37&p=8327

http://thecanadianpoliticalscene.blogspot.ca/2012/07/harper-guided-by-evangelical-alliance.html

Even in Israel, they realize that while Harper is a good pal of Likud/Netanyahu and their right-wing allies, he is no friend of Israel: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.569650
He's also not a friend of the environment, although his other geo-political policies are a greater threat to the planet right now.

Yeah, you're damn right Trudeau is a far better option for Canada, if only by virtue of not being Stephen Harper.

Harper isn't bringing his religion into his office, which is why its usually only the upset atheists who seem to take issue with other peoples faith.

35% of Albertan's believe in a young earth (his church doesn't say young earth anyway), most christians (which are the majority) believe that homosexuality is a sin from a biblical standpoint, and saying Jesus return is immanent means it could happen any time. And just because his church says something doesn't mean he agree's with it all.

I can't stand Harper personally, but don't see how Harper's Religion can have anything to do with this thread other then to somehow make yourself feel better about yourself by taking cheap shots that are completely unrelated.

01RedDX
09-24-2014, 09:01 PM

HuMz
09-24-2014, 09:01 PM

Right, but not according to the 100 million or so EVANGELICAL Christians in the US and Canada, which basically is a giant, dangerous cult. According to them, the path to the second coming and rapture is a very specific interpretation and must be brought about with Jews being in control of "All" of Israel at the time of the "final battle" that is to be centred on that specific area. That is the sect that Harper belongs to. Batshit nutbags.

The Jews are already in Control of Israel what are you trying to say? I can tell you that your wrong and you have no idea what your talking about.

01RedDX
09-24-2014, 09:05 PM

HuMz
09-24-2014, 09:12 PM

It has a lot to do with it, with people like Ezra Levant and Sun media, with the rise of anti-intellectualism, bellicose foreign policy and anti-environmentalism in Canada. I'm sorry that you cannot see that.

Your entitled to your own opinion, I think most of the population doesn't look at Harpers mistakes and things we don't agree with and think of his religion being the cause of it. I think it's because of your hatred for anything to do with Christianity that you try and draw those comparisons, but that's what I think.

HuMz
09-24-2014, 09:14 PM

OK then, good talk.

Usually if you make ridiculous claims like you did, there would be some burden of proof on your end to back that up.

None of your links showed anything in regards to what Stephan Harper believes and what you claimed.

GTS4tw
09-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Darell_n
When is the atheist movement going to rise up and declare war on other religions? For the hope of the human species the people in charge should ban any religious people from migrating off this planet.

Haha no doubt. A bunch of people who have no proof of what they believe in should gather together to push their beliefs on others....oh wait, shit. :banghead:

duaner
09-24-2014, 10:04 PM

It has a lot to do with it, with people like Ezra Levant and Sun media, with the rise of anti-intellectualism, bellicose foreign policy and anti-environmentalism in Canada. I'm sorry that you cannot see that.
Can't believe I am going to agree with you on this, to a point anyway. As an Evangelical Christian, I have long suspected Harper's anti-environmentalism and foreign policy towards Israel are driven by his beliefs, which I believe to be incorrect. And, yes, within certain Evangelical circles there has been an anti-intellectual movement for quite some time. But that is relatively small and I don't think Harper subscribes to that, given he is an educated man (or at least has a piece of paper or two that implies he is).

Robin Goodfellow
09-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by HuMz

Harper isn't bringing his religion into his office, which is why its usually only the upset atheists who seem to take issue with other peoples faith.

It seems simplistic to suggest he's not "bringing his religion into the office": Everyone's daily life is informed by their belief systems, and I don't know why Harper would be any different.

And while he may not be using his political office to recruit for his religion, he is certainly using it to promote the political aims of his religion.

It is understandable that you feel some of these comments to be attacks on Christianity in general.

Please know that although I am not a Christian, I do not seek to find fault with Christians either.

But Christian Zionists are Christians in appearance only.

They surround themselves with Christian imagery and metaphor, but do not actually practice the teachings of Jesus. Their beliefs are theologically-weak, and their aims are political and military in nature.

They are obsessed with Millennilism - The end of the world.

There's a long list of Christian sects that have condemned their beliefs as non-christian and harmful.

It sounds like you may not be familiar with Eschatological (end-times) movements within Christianity. Please do not mistake condemnation of this group as an attack on you or your faith.

SmAcKpOo
09-25-2014, 11:55 AM

35% of Albertan's believe in a young earth...

35% of Albertan's are idiots....not surprising.

Are you in that group Humz? Do you believe the Earth is 6000 years old?

killramos
09-25-2014, 12:01 PM
You are all right we should ban religious people from holding office. Because it's impossible that they can sepparate their beliefs from their policies.

You have to be atheist to be prime minister.

Basically you are just making it mandatory for people to have a certain belief to hold office. How is that any different from an Arab nation? Even Israel allows islmaics to hold office...

HuMz
09-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

35% of Albertan's are idiots....not surprising.

Are you in that group Humz? Do you believe the Earth is 6000 years old?

Maybe so, but attacking a large groups of beliefs who you disagree with doesn't get you anywhere. It's people like Richard Dawkins who say you should mock and ridicule those who believe in religion that do more harm than good. I think that is irrational and quite frankly childish, unfortunately though there is a growing amount of people eating that up instead of encouraging respectful dialogue.

And you've made numerous cheap shots any time religion enters the discussion without ever adding any substance, but I'll answer your question anyway. I have no idea how old the earth is and that is the answer I would have given the poll. I don't let a very small percentage of the population dictate my beliefs and I don't believe in molecules to man evolution which if false, does not necessarly require billions of years.

HuMz
09-25-2014, 12:51 PM

It seems simplistic to suggest he's not "bringing his religion into the office": Everyone's daily life is informed by their belief systems, and I don't know why Harper would be any different.

And while he may not be using his political office to recruit for his religion, he is certainly using it to promote the political aims of his religion.

It is understandable that you feel some of these comments to be attacks on Christianity in general.

Please know that although I am not a Christian, I do not seek to find fault with Christians either.

But Christian Zionists are Christians in appearance only.

They surround themselves with Christian imagery and metaphor, but do not actually practice the teachings of Jesus. Their beliefs are theologically-weak, and their aims are political and military in nature.

They are obsessed with Millennilism - The end of the world.

There's a long list of Christian sects that have condemned their beliefs as non-christian and harmful.

It sounds like you may not be familiar with Eschatological (end-times) movements within Christianity. Please do not mistake condemnation of this group as an attack on you or your faith.

I agree with what your saying, but I disagree with the assertion that Christian Zionism has anything to do with Occupying the whole land, which would imply either exterminating the Palestinians or forcing them to live under Israeli rule, neither of which have anything to do with end times theology.

Your statements appear generalized and I think you'd be hard pressed to find even fringe groups that believe that claim. Stephan Harper's biblical beliefs may contribute to standing by Israel, but I would argue that belief is also because he feels Israel has a right to exist as a nation, where a growing sentiment feels they don't.
You don't have to be a christian to feel that the nation of Israel should be considered and ally and defended amongst those who wish to wipe them out. Just because someones religion biases them to make a decision as a member of office, doesn't make that a bad thing if its something that the majority of the population agrees with. There are probably many things Harper has done that are good which may be the result of his beliefs, quite frankly I find it irrelevant. The only time it should be an issue is when he takes something into his own hands that the majority disagree with, and it looks like its clear hes only doing it because of his personal beliefs. Any time a politician acts against the view of the people they represent I think that is wrong.

And looking around right now with ISIS creating a caliphate which will involve entering Jordan and Lebanon and eventually Israel. I think we will continually to see a growing support for Israel and possibly even military. Not because of Christian Zionism but because it will be the right thing to defend our ally when the time comes and ISIS wants the borders they were promised after WWI.

SmAcKpOo
09-25-2014, 01:13 PM

And you've made numerous cheap shots any time religion enters the discussion without ever adding any substance.

Why would I bother adding substance to a conversation where an individual completely disregards scientific fact and evidence obtained through scientific method by scientists who are infinitely smarter than you. It's like trying to talk to Arash.

Completely and utterly pointless, the young Earth argument is completely ridiculous.

sputnik
09-25-2014, 02:20 PM
You are all right we should ban religious people from holding office. Because it's impossible that they can sepparate their beliefs from their policies.

You have to be atheist to be prime minister.

Basically you are just making it mandatory for people to have a certain belief to hold office. How is that any different from an Arab nation? Even Israel allows islmaics to hold office...

What about non-religious people with ridiculous beliefs?

There are lots of non-religious people who get pretty "religious" when it comes to talking (on the for side) about things like...

- fascism/communism/racism/pacifism/feminism/chauvinism
- healing crystals/reiki/acupuncture/chiropractic/oras/TM
- extremist activism with regards to animal rights/environmentalism/anti-police

Can these nut jobs take office as long as they check "none" in the religion box?

Nitro5
09-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Personally I believe that only people that hold my own personal political beliefs should hold office. Only way to be safe really

sputnik
09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Well, it's important as it's obvious that not many people are aware of Harper's religious affiliation. It is not just a regular Christian church. He is a member of Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, batshit fundamentalists who believe the earth is 6,000 years old, homosexuality is a sin and the second coming is imminent.

Lets break this down.

batshit fundamentalists

No. You would never know one if you met one other than if you asked them if they went to church they would say yes.

believe the earth is 6,000 years old

No. Not officially anyways. Most Christians are "old earth" people that beleive that "6 days" was a metaphor. There is a lot of symbolism in the Bible about the number 7, this is just another one of those cases.

homosexuality is a sin

Sure. Just like 99% of religions. However no one from his church would be persecuting gays or locking the doors to keep them from entering the church. No one holding picket signs at a Pride event either.

second coming is imminent

While Christians believe that Christ will come again Harper's church is not a church looking to figure out that day or taking any zion-istic actions (i.e. condoning war in Israel) to "make it happen sooner".

... so basically like every other "regular Christian church".

Just for reference. This is the church where Harper is a member. Feel free to peruse their content to prove yourself right.

https://www.faccalgary.com/

HuMz
09-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

Why would I bother adding substance to a conversation where an individual completely disregards scientific fact and evidence obtained through scientific method by scientists who are infinitely smarter than you. It's like trying to talk to Arash.

Completely and utterly pointless, the young Earth argument is completely ridiculous.

If you noticed I said Religion, not YEC. There is something very important your not recognizing when it involves people's historical worldview and beliefs. Arash argues against what the scientific method and large population studies have shown us time and time again. When it comes to a matter of worldview's as to what happened billions of years ago, that's not the same thing. We may think we have a fairly good idea as to when, where, and how life evolved but we can't test it the same way we can test gravity, nor can we mathematically prove it. And most scientific discoveries have been in stark contrast to what the majority of scientists thought was fact. So shouldn't questioning the scientific norm be a good thing if other discoveries have come as a result of that?

On the web and in atheistic circles it is easy and probably makes yourself feel pretty good when you can mock those who hold these "ridiculous" beliefs. But would you actually put it into practice? Would you mock your boss/co-worker, grandparents, or neighbor? Or maybe just treat them like an idiot because of how much smarter you feel you are. How about a scientist who does indeed think the earth is 6000 years old and has made significant contributions to there field of science and are well respected, are you smarter they are to?

We know that the earth has to be billions of years old you pre-suppose molecules to man evolution, so what about those who are skeptical of that. If you attended U of C Marvin Fritzler, Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology from the university of Calgary signed a petition that “We are skeptical of claims for the ability of random mutation and natural selection to account for the complexity of life. Careful examination of the evidence for Darwinian theory should be encouraged". Is his opinion just as ridiculous? Where is the line in the sand where respect goes out the window and you feel so much inferior that you don't even need to engage someone who holds to a different belief?

killramos
09-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

What about non-religious people with ridiculous beliefs?

There are lots of non-religious people who get pretty "religious" when it comes to talking (on the for side) about things like...

- fascism/communism/racism/pacifism/feminism/chauvinism
- healing crystals/reiki/acupuncture/chiropractic/oras/TM
- extremist activism with regards to animal rights/environmentalism/anti-police

Can these nut jobs take office as long as they check "none" in the religion box?

How about stupidity? Should we make politicians take an IQ test? Bet young Justin couldn't pass that one kidding by how easily influenced he is.

I'm just going to finish my comment here by saying that I am an athiest but you people are being rediculius and are so void of tolerance towards something that doesn't affect you at all that it is staggering. I don't care about what my politicians religious beliefs are.

What I do care about. Ideology. And I get sick and tired of conservatism being downgraded by being associated with religion.

Like the people who got mad at Mitt Romney for being a Mormon. Give your head a shake. She sure didn't let religion get in the way of his business.

01RedDX
09-25-2014, 04:11 PM

Seth1968
09-25-2014, 04:25 PM
As a kid, I explored the beaches of south side Lake Ontario.

Some of the rocks were elongated ovals, with a smooth texture and a dark grey color. Busting some of those open (I busted everything open at the time just to see what's going on:), I would find a fossil.

6000 years to create such a thing? FFS, I might as well believe in god.

"In God we trust" on our money, an overhead sign before a judge, or the most prevalent example of ignorance, "Place your right hand on the bible and swear to the truth".

googe
09-27-2014, 03:08 AM
01RedDX is actually completely correct. I have experience dealing with these people. It's very scary and very cult like. I've heard them say all of the crazy things he's saying and more. And they LOVE both Harper and Ezra.

Bush went to war over this. He spouted biblical prophecies to world leaders and they didn't know wtf he was talking about. The bloodshed that continues to this day that all started over a single man's delusions is astounding. Countless dead, trillions wasted, because of these nut jobs.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/10/kurt-eichenwald-500-days-excerpt

"“Jacques,” he said, “You and I share a common faith. You’re Roman Catholic, I’m Methodist, but we are both Christians committed to the teachings of the Bible. We share one common Lord”

Chirac said nothing. He didn’t know where Bush was going with this.

“Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East,” Bush said. ‘’Biblical prophecies are being fulfilled.”

Gog and Magog? What was that?, thought Chirac.

“This confrontation,” Bush said, “is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a new age begins.”

Chirac was bewildered. The American president, he thought, sounded dangerously fanatical.

After the call ended, Chirac called together his senior staff members and relayed the conversation.

“He said, ‘Gog and Magog.’ Do any of you know what he is talking about?”

Blank faces and head shakes.

“Find out,” Chirac said.

Near Lake Geneva in Switzerland, Thomas Römer, a theology professor at the University of Lausanne, was working in his office when the phone rang. On the line was the head of the Biblical Service at the Protestant Federation of France with an odd request: Jacques Chirac wanted to know the meaning of “Gog and Magog.”

“He recently spoke with the President of the United States, and he brought up Gog and Magog in relation to the recent events in the Middle East,” she said. “Could you write a page about it, explaining the meaning?”

The original appeal for help came from Chirac’s aides at Élysée Palace, she said. They had first sought out the Protestants for an answer, since Bush belonged to the evangelical Christian movement. Because the concept of Gog and Magog had its origins in the Old Testament they turned to Römer, a world-renowned expert on the Hebrew Scriptures.

“I’d be happy to help,” Römer said. He understood Bush’s reference; it would be easy to put in plain words for Chirac.

At his computer, Römer typed the explanation. The words “Gog and Magog” appear in two books of the Old Testament, Genesis and Ezekiel. The available translations of the text were quite cryptic and theologians had long debated their meaning. In Genesis, they appear to refer to two creatures. But Ezekiel used them in the description of a future war. Evangelicals seized on the passages as a prophesy of an apocalyptic conflict between good and evil in the time of the Messiah."

That interpretation was reinforced by the use of the term in the New Testament’s Book of Revelation. Although that mention of Gog and Magog does not refer to the same people or events, it does pertain to a war fought at the end of the millennium, with Satan attempting to deceive the nations of the world and engage in a battle against Christ and his saints. According to that rendition, the righteous would emerge victorious, and Satan would be flung into a lake of fire.

codetrap
09-27-2014, 08:27 AM

How about stupidity? Should we make politicians take an IQ test? Bet young Justin couldn't pass that one kidding by how easily influenced he is. . How old are you? Justin Trudeau is 42 years old.

killramos
09-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by googe
01RedDX is actually completely correct. I have experience dealing with these people. It's very scary and very cult like. I've heard them say all of the crazy things he's saying and more. And they LOVE both Harper and Ezra.

Bush went to war over this. He spouted biblical prophecies to world leaders and they didn't know wtf he was talking about. The bloodshed that continues to this day that all started over a single man's delusions is astounding. Countless dead, trillions wasted, because of these nut jobs.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2012/10/kurt-eichenwald-500-days-excerpt

"“Jacques,” he said, “You and I share a common faith. You’re Roman Catholic, I’m Methodist, but we are both Christians committed to the teachings of the Bible. We share one common Lord”

Chirac said nothing. He didn’t know where Bush was going with this.

“Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East,” Bush said. ‘’Biblical prophecies are being fulfilled.”

Gog and Magog? What was that?, thought Chirac.

“This confrontation,” Bush said, “is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a new age begins.”

Chirac was bewildered. The American president, he thought, sounded dangerously fanatical.

After the call ended, Chirac called together his senior staff members and relayed the conversation.

“He said, ‘Gog and Magog.’ Do any of you know what he is talking about?”

Blank faces and head shakes.

“Find out,” Chirac said.

Near Lake Geneva in Switzerland, Thomas Römer, a theology professor at the University of Lausanne, was working in his office when the phone rang. On the line was the head of the Biblical Service at the Protestant Federation of France with an odd request: Jacques Chirac wanted to know the meaning of “Gog and Magog.”

“He recently spoke with the President of the United States, and he brought up Gog and Magog in relation to the recent events in the Middle East,” she said. “Could you write a page about it, explaining the meaning?”

The original appeal for help came from Chirac’s aides at Élysée Palace, she said. They had first sought out the Protestants for an answer, since Bush belonged to the evangelical Christian movement. Because the concept of Gog and Magog had its origins in the Old Testament they turned to Römer, a world-renowned expert on the Hebrew Scriptures.

“I’d be happy to help,” Römer said. He understood Bush’s reference; it would be easy to put in plain words for Chirac.

At his computer, Römer typed the explanation. The words “Gog and Magog” appear in two books of the Old Testament, Genesis and Ezekiel. The available translations of the text were quite cryptic and theologians had long debated their meaning. In Genesis, they appear to refer to two creatures. But Ezekiel used them in the description of a future war. Evangelicals seized on the passages as a prophesy of an apocalyptic conflict between good and evil in the time of the Messiah."

That interpretation was reinforced by the use of the term in the New Testament’s Book of Revelation. Although that mention of Gog and Magog does not refer to the same people or events, it does pertain to a war fought at the end of the millennium, with Satan attempting to deceive the nations of the world and engage in a battle against Christ and his saints. According to that rendition, the righteous would emerge victorious, and Satan would be flung into a lake of fire.

So by your account Harper would have been a full supporter of the war in Iraq. Which he wasn't. So I suppose make he doesn't always base all of his political moves in his religion. Shocking.

Recca168
09-27-2014, 11:36 AM

So by your account Harper would have been a full supporter of the war in Iraq. Which he wasn't. So I suppose make he doesn't always base all of his political moves in his religion. Shocking.

He was. He just wasn't the PM when the war started

http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB104881540524220000

http://www.ctvnews.ca/iraq-war-a-mistake-harper-admits-1.330207

Toma
09-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Awesome article Lol....

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/09/26/working_to_find_a_cure_for_ezra_levant_mallick.html?app=noRedirect

.I cannot say whether Ezra Levant, who, believe it or not, is a lawyer, is unwell or a horrible person or just an idiot with an underpants fetish, but he certainly represents his viewership, which is all of these things. I have the emails to prove it.

Political conservatism is a sociopathic disease.

Robin Goodfellow
09-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Awesome article Lol....

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/09/26/working_to_find_a_cure_for_ezra_levant_mallick.html?app=noRedirect

Political conservatism is a sociopathic disease.

Holy shit that was brilliant.

Ezra can take his (one) ball and go home now.

Sugarphreak
09-28-2014, 09:17 PM

Toma
09-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Mulroney indicates apology coming?

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2014/09/29/sun-media-will-apologize-today-for-ezra-levants-justin-trudeau-rant-brian-mulroney-reportedly-says

googe
09-30-2014, 11:44 PM
That said, I also realize his job is to basically get a rise out of people and appeal to extremists, and the appropriate response is to roll you eyes and don't give him attention.

This... the media is going to print some nasty stuff from time to time; ignoring that outlet might seem like a good idea, but any seasoned politician knows is an amateur move.

As far as Trudeau goes, he made a statement about not talking to the Sun anymore because he was so butt hurt... that is a confirmed Tantrum.

"Oh noes, somebody has a negative opinion of me"

:nut:

Sugarphreak
10-01-2014, 06:25 AM

killramos
10-01-2014, 07:19 AM
^^ I fail to see the connection you are trying to draw here;

In the same order as above, simplified versions of those points:

1) Ezra basically did his job by offending people.... roll eyes, move on
2) Trudeau refuses to do his job of communicating with media due to point 1
3) Trudeau refuses to do his job of communicating with media due to point 1... again

Not sure how more clear cut you could have been? :dunno:

I still don't understand how this whole tantrum was relevant due to Trudeau continually ignoring Sun News Reporters and not answering their questions to begin with.

David presently works at the Sun News Network, where he covers elections on his Battleground show. I can tell you, without qualification, that he is one of the most respected journalists on Parliament Hill.

And Justin Trudeau won't talk to him.

Not because Ezra Levant called Trudeau's parents names on his TV show last week. After Ezra did that, Trudeau announced that he would not be talking to anyone associated with the Sun News Network.

No, Justin Trudeau hadn't been talking to David Akin for long, long before that. Simply because he was associated with Sun.

I know this because, last Christmas, Sun execs asked me to interview Trudeau on-air. I'd been a special assistant to Jean Chretien, I'd run as a Liberal, and I wasn't Ezra Levant. So I called up Trudeau's most senior adviser, who I've known for years.

The senior adviser laughed. Not a chance, he said. Why, I asked. "Because," he said, "Ezra Levant put my name on a list of the most dangerous people in Canada."

I tried to point out that being called "dangerous" by Ezra Levant is the highest compliment a Liberal could receive. I argued that I'd run all the questions by them in advance. To no avail.

No interview, I was told. No access to a (possible) future prime minister by the (actual) largest newspaper chain in Canada.

I told David Akin about all this. He shrugged. "Don't feel bad," he said. "Trudeau won't ever talk to me, either."

Real journalists are never afraid to correct the record. So, let's do so: Justin Trudeau refusing to talk to anyone associated with Sun News - a diktat that will soon be embraced by every Liberal seeking to curry favour with him, just watch - isn't news. He's been refusing to do so for a long time.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/09/20140926-084812.html

Good article about this, and no it wasn't written by Ezra.

codetrap
10-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Sun Apologies to Trudeau..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-gets-apology-from-sun-media-1.2781489

Personally, I think Ezra should apologize...and he has in the past apparently too..

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/09/29/sun_media_apologizes_for_ezra_levant_comments.html

googe
10-02-2014, 09:40 AM
^^ I fail to see the connection you are trying to draw here;

In the same order as above, simplified versions of those points:

1) Ezra basically did his job by offending people.... roll eyes, move on
2) Trudeau refuses to do his job of communicating with media due to point 1
3) Trudeau refuses to do his job of communicating with media due to point 1... again

Hopeless