PDA

View Full Version : Dryer Repair Recommendation

haggis88
09-23-2014, 06:56 PM
So here's the script,

The dryer in my place has recently started malfunctioning - shuts itself off after about 20-30 minutes of a 50 minute cycle then won't switch on for a few hours until it has cooled off

All the screens and filters are clean, there's no lint stuck anywhere and i've checked all the usual things

Internet seems to reckon there's a sensor inside that senses heat that becomes dirty and therefore the dryer thinks it's too hot but i'm not going pulling the top off the dryer incase I break something.

Now, I rent the place, so I assume the landlord should be paying for the repair, since its not willful/neglectful damage.

I've been told I can go ahead and call someone out to quote a repair so I'm just after a recommendation for someone who'll be able to do this

Are free estimates a normal thing in this country like in the UK or should I be expecting to pay someone to quote?

'93 SR-V
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
You'll usually be charged a trip/diagnostic charge to have somebody take a look/quote a repair. Some places will deduct this amount from the cost of the actual repair should you go forth with it so you may want to ask whoever you choose What their policy is with that. I used appliance force when my Whirlpool range crapped out, think they charged $75 to come take a look at it, the guy was on time and polite so I was happy with them.