PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience - Kal Tire 42Ave

BavarianBeast
09-24-2014, 01:52 PM
I thought I would share my most recent bad experience with Kal Tire on 42nd Ave..

So I found some good looking rims from Kal Tire for sale and decided I would pick them up for my daily driver a couple months ago. I ordered the rims after confirming with them they would fit my car. A week later they came in and I brought my car down. They call me late in the day and say they could not mount the rims because my brake calliper is too big and the rim won't clear it.

Okay fine,lets order new rims. So they found some new ones that they guaranteed would fit, and they said they ordered them. I wait and 2 weeks go by with no phone call so I call and ask where my rims are at? They say they don't have a work order for it any more and the guy who was handling my car is no longer an employee.

Okay fine, fuck. Lets just get these fucking rims and get them mounted. So I wait another week and yesterday I get a call that I can drop off my car today. So I do, and I just got another call back saying the rims don't fit... Again!

Now they don't have a solution and say they will get back to me at the end of the day...It's been over 6 weeks that I've been trying to get a proper set of rims on my car with Kal Tire.

What a fucking drag this has been, you'd think your wheel and tire experts could figure out what damned offset is needed to clear your brakes!!

This isn't my first bad experience with this Kal Tire either. When/if they finally get this sorted out, I highly doubt I will ever be back for any work.

/endrant

spikerS
09-24-2014, 01:55 PM
moral of the story...

Go see Bob at Urban X.

lilmira
09-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Bob is my go to guy for tires/wheels as well. I have been to that Kal Tire once, not impressed and not going back.

R-Audi
09-24-2014, 02:04 PM
I had a bad experience at Kal Tire Chinook earlier this year.. not going back.

They told my Wife who was waiting with two kids for her car that it would be another 10 minutes, when in reality it had just been pulled into the bay and took another 1.5hrs. Not a fun time with two kids under the age of 2 causing a ruckus. If they would have simply told her the truth she would have gone back to the Mall and walked around. But really, people dont have anything better to do then sit in your waiting room....

JustinMCS
09-24-2014, 02:06 PM
This didn't work out for you because you didn't go to UrbanX

There are three locations now so go find one. I always go to Gary and Cort in the South.

revelations
09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Kal Tires are hit and miss - depends on location.

BokCh0y
09-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Agree with revelations on the hit and miss. some joints are good while others are nut suckers.

For the record though....I go to Gary at UrbanX for all my tire and rim needs. Always been good to deal with and no bs.

E46..sTyLez
09-24-2014, 03:03 PM
+1 for Gary at UrbanX

heavyD
09-24-2014, 03:10 PM
Offset matters.

mr2mike
09-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Refer them to
www.willitfit.com

Meanwhile, you should go to www.willtheyfit.com
Also Offset calcs.
I'm sure some spacers and you'll clear the brakes. Might be a 15mm spacer and need extended BMW lug nuts.

BavarianBeast
09-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Refer them to
www.willitfit.com

Meanwhile, you should go to www.willtheyfit.com
Also Offset calcs.
I'm sure some spacers and you'll clear the brakes. Might be a 15mm spacer and need extended BMW lug nuts.

Yeah, they told me they don't do spacers and that it wasn't an option. I asked them for my money & tires back so I can order some on my own. I'll give UrbanX a shout and see what they can do for me.
Cheers

Shlade
09-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Gotta do some research.

If you're not wanting to do any then go to a shop that will.

Again +1 for the boys at urban X south. Gary has always been a great help to me.

HiSpec
09-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Would like recommend Spec R Motorsports Tires & Wheels aside from Urban-X

relyt92
09-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Another +1 for Gary, had the same issue last winter with a set of wheels not clearing my brakes even though his system said they would. He went well above and beyond what I would've expected him to do. Ended up selling me a more expensive set of wheels for the price of the original ones, and spent an hour with my car after they closed to get everything working for me.

relyt92
09-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Refer them to
www.willitfit.com
Site is very NSFW. A warning tag wouldn't have hurt.

Shlade
09-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by relyt92

Hahaha wtf

BokCh0y
09-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by relyt92

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Clicked this at home in front of my wife...she said I wouldn't be doing any of that to her then walked off.

Asian_defender
09-25-2014, 12:12 AM
+1 for Gary. Never had a bad experience with him.
I keep on being told I should cheat on urban x south and go see Bob in the north.

Have to make a choice soon as I need new winters

cyra1ax
09-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Only reason I went to Kal Tire was cause they were the only people that seem to be able to get Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's. This was in Airdrie though and service was pretty good, they fit me in when they were absolutely packed....tried to get the Kal Tire at SAIT to take a look at my tires cause I lost a weight and they told me to make an appointment for two weeks down the road.

BBursey
09-28-2014, 07:37 AM
I had Hakka R2s installed on winter wheels for my wife's car at the Kal-Tire near SAIT. I had an appointment booked weeks in advance and had planned to wait, but when I got there, they said it would be mid- to late-afternoon before they finished. Having not received a call all day, I went back at closing time to find my car sitting in the lot untouched. They got the tires mounted while I waited, but forgot to balance the spare wheel and one of the weights is going to fall off (it's just sitting on the inner edge).

I won't be using Kal-Tire again, and I'll be going to Urban Expressions to get the things fixed that Kal-Tire couldn't bother to do right the first time.

Cheers,
Bryan

Canucks3322
09-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Kaltire Northhill Mall...if you drop your car there at opening and head to the office, make sure you say you'll come back on lunch break if you say you'll come back end of the day, your car will be still sitting there at closing lol ....the only reason I went back there last time was because I got good service the previous time where they fit me in to their schedule when I called in the morning....

btimbit
09-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Kal Tire...

There's your problem.

clem24
09-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah totally.. Fuck you Kal Tire. The place on 42nd USED to be good when Bashir was still around but it sucks shit now. I had to use them cause I wanted Nokians. Bought a set of WRs for our minivan. Not once but TWICE they could not get them balanced right.

First time, took it up to Nordegg and the car shook like a motherfucker. Second time, had my wife go get them to fix it. It was.. Yup, WORSE. Car had to go to Vancouver, so I couldn't trust them since I only had a day before I left - I just paid my own mechanic to do it. I asked him to just try the wheels on the balancer without taking off the weights and sure enough, completely out of balance.

No only that, but used these clip-on weights that didn't even sit flush and were guaranteed to fall off.

And just in case you think others are better, no they aren't. I am also through with the one on Barlow and 16th. Absolute SHIT for customer service (i.e. when they accuse you of lying).