PDA

View Full Version : Zero Motorcycles

01RedDX
09-25-2014, 03:03 PM

A790
09-25-2014, 03:15 PM
I rode the sport. Quiet, fast, weird sensation at first compared to standard bikes. I wound up not buying simply because I put the money into a kitchen reno instead.

japan_us
09-25-2014, 03:59 PM
^ Well, there ya go - if the bike were that good, no way a kitchen reno trumps it! :D

But, to answer the original question, I highly doubt that I would ever buy an electric motorcycle unless it became an absolute necessity. I'd consider an electric car, but there's an archetype of a motorcycle that I have in mind, and it doesn't run on electricity.

quick_scar
09-25-2014, 04:15 PM
I rode one as well and it was quite the experience.

No noise other then the tires on the pavement.

I have been riding my HD to work the last couple weeks trying to get as much seat time as I can before the snow, and will be considering one of there next year as a commuting bike. $8-10 a day for parking, and no stops at the pump. Would just charge it over night, unplug during my pre-ride walk around and away I go. Also no complaints from the neighbors about exhaust noise, no sweating from a giant heater between your legs on those hot days stuck in traffic....

Would I ever consider one for highway trips or anything like that, never. Will it ever replace my HD. Not a chance. But it could very well make my commute more enjoyable.

70 (yay)-30(nay) chance I will be getting one next year.

Rocket1k78
09-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I ran into a guy that owned the zero fx in LA and he said he loved it. They get a rebate or something for it being electric so that was the big reasoning for him. He loved the torque on it because it was instant and not like the reg sportbike where you need to be in the power band. The bike seems pretty cool but the thing that I love about riding is the engine noise. This thing was super quiet once started and when he pulled away there was no noise.

Graham_A_M
09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Wow, they look super cool

Crazyjoker77
09-29-2014, 04:04 PM
A guy at my work commutes one about 3 times a week. They arent very effecient at highway speeds in order for him to make the 5km city drive and the 50km on the highway he has to do ~80 the entire highway stretch to make it. (and thats just one way he charges it at work for the return trip)

His is an older model dual sport with the 2nd gen battery pack his first original battery pack(1st gen) went out just before the 2nd year.

They are definatly neat though and look to be super easy to work on.

I do like that it charges off just a regular old 120v/15a receptacle though and no special charger is needed.

faiz999
09-29-2014, 04:10 PM
i would def get an electric bike but mainly because as a bike noob, it looks easy to pick up.

MK1GTI
10-02-2014, 08:21 PM
I've ridden the Brammo Empulse R and it's a very nice bike. Quite quick with an excellent ride and handling. The sensation of shooting through traffic making very little noise is a lot of fun :D