PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs one of these!

Toma
09-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Get it now, before they sell out!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1863326953

ROFLMAO hahahahha :D :D And its bid upto $150!!!

T-rus
09-26-2002, 01:01 AM
Wow...I gotta get me one of those...that otta help the old Taurus kick some butt:rofl:

my opinion they should :guns: that idea probably break down as soon as it gets wet or something retarded like that.

ancient
09-26-2002, 01:24 AM
You know what, I give the guy who designed that props, cause every person who doesn't know better, will look at that and think logically, and go, hmm ya that should work.......

That guy will make some phat cash atleast.

infamous
09-26-2002, 07:37 AM
haha that's funny as shit...damn some people are smart....

sexualbanana
09-26-2002, 09:02 AM
i can't believe people r bidding on that!

then again, if i still had my tempo i probably would

nookmumracing
09-26-2002, 09:50 AM
Need that for my lawnmower.....

Peace:burnout:

LaughingTiger
09-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Will that work???

Why is there only one??:dunno:

5.9 R/T
09-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ancient
You know what, I give the guy who designed that props, cause every person who doesn't know better, will look at that and think logically, and go, hmm ya that should work.......

That guy will make some phat cash atleast.

That guy didn't design anything. Thats a marine engine bay blower. It sits underneath the engine cover of boats to remove fuel vapors so it doesn't go boom. Go to Harpers marine and check out their parts section, you could pick up one there that would be exactly the same.

LaughingTiger
09-26-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

That guy didn't design anything. Thats a marine engine bay blower. It sits underneath the engine cover of boats to remove fuel vapors so it doesn't go boom. Go to Harpers marine and check out their parts section, you could pick up one there that would be exactly the same.

So would it work?????:dunno:

TwnTrbo
09-26-2002, 04:34 PM
logically yes but if it does put over 450 cfm then you would need to up your ignition and fuel system... (in theory)

LaughingTiger
09-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by TwnTrbo
logically yes but if it does put over 450 cfm then you would need to up your ignition and fuel system... (in theory)

I want one...:D, will they work w/ a turbo??

ninjak84
09-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

damn, someone figured out my plan....

Zephyr
09-26-2002, 05:10 PM
looks like a blow dryer to me, just the handle is missing...

5.9 R/T
09-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

So would it work?????:dunno:

Doubtful. You might get a very small increase but nothing worth spending over 20 bucks on. Those fans don't have enough power to force air into the engine like a turbo or an SC. Also it is not a compressor by design like an SC or a turbo. The main reason FI works so well is that it can force more air into a set amount of space. A fan can only move the air faster, there is no compression of the air. Therefore it will not and can not work to it's advertised claims.

three.eighteen.
09-26-2002, 05:45 PM
its probably more of a restriction, the suction of your intake can probably suck faster than that thing can spin

MassimoSales
09-27-2002, 03:07 PM
I will put 2 :thumbsup: on my john deere. It has two pistons!?!?:nut:

ancient
09-27-2002, 05:40 PM
5.9 R/T good point, I should have picked that up, since my parents own a fairly large boat, and I have operated the boat on many occasions, engine blower :) Suppose to have it on for a good 3 minutes before you start the engine.

5.9 R/T
09-28-2002, 02:04 AM
5.9 R/T good point, I should have picked that up, since my parents own a fairly large boat, and I have operated the boat on many occasions, engine blower :) Suppose to have it on for a good 3 minutes before you start the engine.

Yup, I spent my summer working on boats and all inboard motors have those. IMO they're pretty much useless, because if you pop the engine cover and smell gas you probably have a fuel leak and shouldnt start the motor anyways, but they're good for getting cool, fresh air into the engine bay.

RiceCake
09-28-2002, 08:30 AM
damn sold for $208? :confused: :banghead:

ancient
09-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Ya my parents have a 29 foot searay sundancer...... They also just co bought a 54 foot carver... We are selling the searay tho.

5.9 R/T
09-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Ya my parents have a 29 foot searay sundancer...... They also just co bought a 54 foot carver... We are selling the searay tho.

Sweet! I was working on ski boats so I really didn't touch anything that was over 29 feet. It's crazy how much those boats go for these days tho, upwards of 80 grand for fully loaded ski boats.

LowRiderHD2000
09-28-2002, 11:56 AM
How much you selling the Sundancer for??? I'm in the market right now for a Ski Boat.

5.9 R/T
09-28-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by LowRiderHD2000
How much you selling the Sundancer for??? I'm in the market right now for a Ski Boat.

Are you looking for a "ski" ski boat or a "do it all" boat? If your looking for a "ski" boat I reccomend Ski Nautique. Best ski boat out there, flatest wake, and you can get Fords 5.4 SC motor from the L in one. You can also specify options like ballast tanks in the rear if your a wakeboarder, the 'flight control tower' and whole bunch of other good stuff. Depending on how much your willing to spend I can hook you up with the alberta dealership in airdrie or the guy who services and sells them used just outside of edmonton. If your serious about skiing or wakeboarding definitly check these boats out.

ancient
09-28-2002, 02:44 PM
This boat is not a ski boat, it throws off a 3 foot wake :P Their new boat throws off a 6 foot wake..... HUGE

And last I heard my dad was asking 135 thou ....