PDA

View Full Version : Homes by AVI -

vkesava1
09-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am building a home with homes by AVI in NW. Builder uses Whirlpool Appliances. Will it be cheaper if i buy it from Costco or so ? Will the builder reduce the money for the appliances i don't buy with them.?

How about pot lights on ceiling is that a standard or an upgrade ?

Anything else i need to keep an eye on something, when building a home with homes by AVI ?

Thanks

Sophal
09-26-2014, 07:26 PM
You will save money if you don't roll appliances into your mortgage. If you opt out on appliances they will credit you their value. Another option is goto their supplier and get an upgrade if you don't like their standard offering.

Sugarphreak
09-26-2014, 08:36 PM

syb65
09-28-2014, 02:29 AM
that's funny. we are building with them too and they are using g e. if u dont like their appliances, do not upgrade through them, they will still charge u retail for your upgrade and still keep your credit from the base. we just waited for sales and price match guarantees to buy our upgrades.

Kanto_Terrors
03-04-2015, 10:28 PM
My coworker just built with them and she is VERY happy

BigDL
03-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by vkesava1
Hello Everyone,

I am building a home with homes by AVI in NW. Builder uses Whirlpool Appliances. Will it be cheaper if i buy it from Costco or so ? Will the builder reduce the money for the appliances i don't buy with them.?

How about pot lights on ceiling is that a standard or an upgrade ?

Anything else i need to keep an eye on something, when building a home with homes by AVI ?

Thanks

I already broke down the prices for the pot lights on another thread of yours months ago, you should really keep it to one thread to make life easier.

Appliances, you won't get much credit for it they are not worth that much as a credit. Probably worth more as sugarfreak said selling after you get possession.

Best thing for you to do is go to the selections center on a Saturday and most of your answers would be answered by those guys there and will give you more up to date info.

C_Dave45
03-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BigDL

I already broke down the prices for the pot lights on another thread of yours months ago, you should really keep it to one thread to make life easier.

Appliances, you won't get much credit for it they are not worth that much as a credit. Probably worth more as sugarfreak said selling after you get possession.

Best thing for you to do is go to the selections center on a Saturday and most of your answers would be answered by those guys there and will give you more up to date info.

You realize he made this thread back in September? Same as the other two threads.

BigDL
03-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

You realize he made this thread back in September? Same as the other two threads.

Huh, I only looked at the last reply date. That is what I get for not looking at all the dates.

krazykhoja
03-07-2015, 12:13 AM
If the appliances aren't bought through Avi then you won't get a warranty on them. They won't hook them up or warranty if something goes wrong.

I just built with them and that's what they told me. As someone said selection studio is your best bet, you can price out what you want.

Be careful though after the move-in. My build went great UNTIL I had to take possession and it has been shit ever since. Been in for 2 months and stuff still hasn't been done. They rushed the end of my build and my walk-through was the day before possession. Just make sure you keep everything in writing, I keep everything to emails.

Best of luck and hopefully your experience is better than mine!

ShermanEF9
03-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by krazykhoja
Be careful though after the move-in. My build went great UNTIL I had to take possession and it has been shit ever since. Been in for 2 months and stuff still hasn't been done. They rushed the end of my build and my walk-through was the day before possession. Just make sure you keep everything in writing, I keep everything to emails.

Best of luck and hopefully your experience is better than mine!

That seems to be the usual story. my friend also built with them last year, and hes had them out a few times for dumb warranty issues, as well as they took over a year to get any landscaping done, and his garage wasn't usable for 8 months after he moved in. now the garage has sunk in 1 corner about 6 inches... and they are nowhere to be found.