PDA

View Full Version : What's a good place for Martinis?

girlRACER
03-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Like the title says....What is a good place for Martini's? I'm looking for a nice comfy place to chill that has good music and yummy martinis. It has to be clean.

I know there is Mercury but its so dirty inside....and there's Crush and Blind Monk but where else. Anyplaces on 17th besides Melrose and Lucky? I'm mostly looking for a lounge rather than pub type of atmosphere.

Thanks in advance ;)

Ben
03-05-2004, 01:22 AM
I cant wait for summer...Patios Galore...Martinis shall be flowing a plenty.

sputnik
03-05-2004, 08:09 AM
vicious circle... im not a martini person but my girlfriend and her friends are... they have a good menu too

ZorroAMG
03-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Bungalow is the current fav for my circle or martini swillers :) It's the old Pongo, right in between the Shit and Anchor and the Pita Pit...

Great martinis, good music, chill atmosphere...you'll love it girlRACER!

Kona9
03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
And if Zorro invites you there on a Saturday............don't ditch him!!! I learned my lesson!!!

PS Bungalow =:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ajay
03-05-2004, 11:28 AM
There's a place right around the corner from Teatro facing southbound Macleod that's pretty good. I don't remember what it's called but if you're looking for someplace really chilling definetly check it out.

Their martini selection is amazing and it's got a wicked vibe to it.

BebeAphrodite
03-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
There's a place right around the corner from Teatro facing southbound Macleod that's pretty good. I don't remember what it's called but if you're looking for someplace really chilling definetly check it out.

Their martini selection is amazing and it's got a wicked vibe to it.

are you talking about auburn? If you are they moved closer to the Calgary tower. Alrite drinks but an old crowd.

Belvedere has good drinks if u wanna chill in the lounge. Bungalow is sooo busy!!! :D

Ajay
03-05-2004, 02:21 PM
That was it...Auburn.

Didn't know they moved though. Everytime I've gone it's been a good time. Obviously been awhile since I didn't even know they moved.

ninjak84
03-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Shit and Anchor

:rofl:

girlRACER
03-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Bungalow is the current fav for my circle or martini swillers :) It's the old Pongo, right in between the Shit and Anchor and the Pita Pit...

Great martinis, good music, chill atmosphere...you'll love it girlRACER!

oooh...I'll check that place out!! Thanks. Yeah...the old Pongo sucked ass :thumbsdow

Ben
03-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Shit and Anchor

Originally posted by ninjak84
:rofl:

I actually call it the "Shit an Anchor", cause it's about as fun as it would be to Shit an Anchor.

Wildcat
03-05-2004, 03:58 PM
girlracer: try the mortal coil on 14th street, a friend of my dad owns it. really really good martini menu

BloNdie
03-05-2004, 04:00 PM
I've never actually gone out for martinis, sounds so fun! maybe I will, all these places sound so nice!

ZorroAMG
03-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah the steamy..i mean Mortal Coil is a good spot too, quite a hip joint.

Wildcat
03-05-2004, 07:28 PM
^the steamy? hah

fast_girl
03-06-2004, 12:44 AM
no name place on 17th right beside McDonald's at 14th street.... dope chill atmosphere.... have a Chambord.... so yummy! :thumbsup:

girlRACER
03-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
girlracer: try the mortal coil on 14th street, a friend of my dad owns it. really really good martini menu

Where is it exactly?? Any landmarks near it for me to recognize...thanks!

Gondi Stylez
03-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by fast_girl
no name place on 17th right beside McDonald's at 14th street.... dope chill atmosphere.... have a Chambord.... so yummy! :thumbsup:

yep, was there yesterday, hard to spot but pretty chillin atmosphere and drinks wernt bad! ill have to check the martinis!

Wildcat
03-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER

Where is it exactly?? Any landmarks near it for me to recognize...thanks!

hehe did i say 14th street? i meant 4th :tongue:

2210 4th St SW

girlRACER
03-07-2004, 05:58 PM
I went to Bungalow last night. There was a huge lineup to get in which was weird since I've never seen a lineup to get into a lounge. Me and my friend waited outside for 15 minutes while they let all these other losers in and when it was finally our turn to get in....the guy's like "sorry this is a 25+ place."

My friend thinks its because of the way he was dressed...but has anybody else had problems getting in. Is it really 25+? :thumbsdow

girlRACER
03-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

hehe did i say 14th street? i meant 4th :tongue:

2210 4th St SW

I tried finding this place last night after leaving Bungalow but couldn't find it. What does it look like from the outside and is it on the east or west side of 4th? :dunno:

Thanks ;)

Redlyne_mr2
03-07-2004, 06:05 PM
I went to Bungalow last night. There was a huge lineup to get in which was weird since I've never seen a lineup to get into a lounge. Me and my friend waited outside for 15 minutes while they let all these other losers in and when it was finally our turn to get in....the guy's like "sorry this is a 25+ place."

My friend thinks its because of the way he was dressed...but has anybody else had problems getting in. Is it really 25+? :thumbsdow
Yah if you would have been with me we wouldnt of had to wait in line and we would have been waited on hand and foot;)

Wildcat
03-07-2004, 06:16 PM

I tried finding this place last night after leaving Bungalow but couldn't find it. What does it look like from the outside and is it on the east or west side of 4th? :dunno:

Thanks ;)

umm its really small, thers an alley right next to it and on the side of the building it says "Mortal Coil" with a big spraypainted mural of something on black painted brickwork. sorry im not much help, but the address i gave you is right. girls love the martinis ther, they put fuzzy peaches candy on the rim of the glasses instead of limes and junk. im not sure when its busy, i dont think youll have to wait in a line tho, its not like they have bouncers. :)

MM93
03-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Ming on 17th next to the livin room.I am pretty sure its a martini bar
.........atmosphere is good for chillin'
try it out!!

BebeAphrodite
03-08-2004, 03:47 AM

Ohhh.. it's definitely an older crowd... Most people are over 25 but the majority look over 30. Sorta similar crowd to Tantra. I'd say Lucky/Ming are better than Bungalow.

ZorroAMG
03-08-2004, 04:26 AM
ungalow is rarely lined up like saturday, in fact when I got there with my friends, I had to wait a few minutes. It is an older crowd, but it is usually a great crowd, saturday, you were right, there were WAY too many weirdos there, it was as if they had a jabroni convention...I took off from there in 15 min.

No name bar is great, RIGHT now. Unfortunately, the more people find out about it, the worse it will get because all the retards will flock to the new joint..LOL

pinoyhero
03-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Centini

pookie
03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Only filthy commies go to the Ming.
But order the "Karl Marx" when you do... delicious!