PDA

View Full Version : Damaged R34. Anyone know what happened?

Pages : [1] 2 3

soloracer
09-30-2014, 10:19 AM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/damaged-1999-nissan-skyline-r34-gtr/1020490142?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

NRGie
09-30-2014, 10:28 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=4353409#post4353409

BavarianBeast
09-30-2014, 10:37 AM
lol. good luck getting $15k for that.

probably not worth the effort to fix that damned thing.

CapnCrunch
09-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Maybe I'm getting old, but how is that even worth $15,000 in an undamaged state?

J.M.
09-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
Maybe I'm getting old, but how is that even worth $15,000 in an undamaged state?

JDM yO!

R34 GTRs cost around 30-35k to import iirc.

Shlade
09-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Their not quite a dime a dozen as the R32's and R33's were.

Nismo_R34
10-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Are you kidding me?
This is why some people can't have nice cars like this...

A rare BNR34 ended up like this? Wow...

Graham_A_M
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM
^shitty I know. That car is a total write off though, unless you were to do ALL the work yourself, but even then, wow that car got knocked the fuck out something fierce. Id give him about $8-10k for it as a parts car, but not much else, and that's mainly just for the engine & drive train.....

EM1FTW
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Must have put her into the rhubarb real bad!

M.alex
10-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by relyt92
Someone in another thread said it was a failed drift in a parking lot.

what did he do, smash into a row of cars :rofl:

G-ZUS
10-07-2014, 08:53 AM
:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
10-07-2014, 10:12 AM
this upsets me immensly.

Hallowed_point
10-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Who cares..it belongs in a jdm graveyard..if it was an R32 Id have a different opinion..ugly cars especially from the back

Dumbass17
10-07-2014, 03:37 PM
15k?!

hahahahhahhaha

killramos
10-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by J.M.

JDM yO!

R34 GTRs cost around 30-35k to import iirc.

you have got to be shitting me? People spend that kind of money on those things?

Here is a nice little list of cars you can buy for 30-35k in calgary. I would take any of them over a jdm pos...

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/cars/ab/calgary/?prx=100&prv=Alberta&loc=Calgary%2c+AB&body=Coupe&sts=New-Used&pRng=30000%2c35000&hprc=True&wcp=True

ercchry
10-07-2014, 03:46 PM
just like everything... supply and demand. the R33 and R32 were mass production, the R34? not so much...

Standard Cars = 3,965
V.spec = 1,308
V.spec UK = 100
V.spec N1 = 45
V.spec II = 5,512
V.spec II Nür = 750[22]
V.spec II N1 = 18
M-Spec = 228[23]
M-Spec Nür = 250

Total = 12,175

Shlade
10-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Yup the R34 is a pretty special car. The N1's pull from 50+.

There was a red one with black TE37 wheels for around 49 that I wanted to import SO bad

ddduke
10-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by killramos

you have got to be shitting me? People spend that kind of money on those things?

Here is a nice little list of cars you can buy for 30-35k in calgary. I would take any of them over a jdm pos...

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/cars/ab/calgary/?prx=100&prv=Alberta&loc=Calgary%2c+AB&body=Coupe&sts=New-Used&pRng=30000%2c35000&hprc=True&wcp=True

This.

I can usually understand the appeal of cars even if I personally hate them, but in my mind I feel like everything jdm is pure junk. Also, if you can afford to drop 35k on a toy I'd think you would be old and wise enough to have better taste.

Graham_A_M
10-07-2014, 06:11 PM
^I wouldn't mind one as I understand the performance potential, but dropping $30-35k on a very hard to insure 15 year old JDM car? No thanks

ddduke
10-07-2014, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^I wouldn't mind one as I understand the performance potential, but dropping $30-35k on a very hard to insure 15 year old JDM car? No thanks

Exactly, I can get a c6 vette for 25 all day long, first gen viper for 25 or first/second year of the second gen viper for 35. I honestly can't wrap my head around why someone would pay that kind of money for that type of car.

Shlade
10-08-2014, 06:33 AM
Some peoples dream car has no price limit attached to them.

killramos
10-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

Exactly, I can get a c6 vette for 25 all day long, first gen viper for 25 or first/second year of the second gen viper for 35. I honestly can't wrap my head around why someone would pay that kind of money for that type of car.

I know i actually looked at that whole list, AMG's, a 68 Camaro RSSS, Tons of Vettes, new muscle cars, BMW 335's. and i even filtered those on just coupes lol.

But a money pit Skyline? Just go buy a GTR and keep it stock. Will cost you the same amount.

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 08:33 AM

I know i actually looked at that whole list, AMG's, a 68 Camaro RSSS, Tons of Vettes, new muscle cars, BMW 335's. and i even filtered those on just coupes lol.

But a money pit Skyline? Just go buy a GTR and keep it stock. Will cost you the same amount. I agree ...to me RHD screams high school pizza boy. Why a grown man would dump that kind of money on one of these boggles my mind. So many other options for the money. I figured they were 8-10 grand cars..sucker born every minute I guess. I'd take a Z06 C5 a nice E46 M3 or a Viper for that kind of money. But I guess there is a market for jdm yo.

killramos
10-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
I agree ...to me RHD screams high school pizza boy. Why a grown man would dump that kind of money on one of these boggles my mind. So many other options for the money. I figured they were 8-10 grand cars..sucker born every minute I guess. I'd take a Z06 C5 a nice E46 M3 or a Viper for that kind of money. But I guess there is a market for jdm yo.

Have you ever seen a grown man driving one? :rofl:

I always thought they were in the 5k range as well...

lilmira
10-08-2014, 08:42 AM
muscle beats import everytime, know I'm say'n, everytime

n1zm0
10-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Id give him about $8-10k for it as a parts car, but not much else, and that's mainly just for the engine & drive train.....

:werd: I'd just want the rims.

Shlade
10-08-2014, 08:59 AM
I agree ...to me RHD screams high school pizza boy. Why a grown man would dump that kind of money on one of these boggles my mind. So many other options for the money. I figured they were 8-10 grand cars..sucker born every minute I guess. I'd take a Z06 C5 a nice E46 M3 or a Viper for that kind of money. But I guess there is a market for jdm yo.

Why exactly are you a sucker for paying the price for a car that's actually worth that where it's legal?

Just because it's not up to your standards of being a z06 or viper doesn't mean it isn't to somebody else's.

Those cars you mentioned are a dime a dozen and owned by just about any person with a decent paying job in North America. Find me a handful of R34 GTR's and maybe we can talk.

Sure this guys price is ridiculous for it being wrecked. I sold my 94 GTR that was MINT 2 years ago for 14k

ANY car can pull a good amount of money for a type of person. So let's not be a typical domestic douchebag and think that JDM cars are worthless.

This is exactly why I got rid of my mustang and got away from the "muscle scene" as it's filled with airheads

clem24
10-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Don't agree with any of your arguments but those are just opinions right? I personally choose cars based on performance, looks, etc.., not exclusivity. And really, it doesn't get worse than the JDM crowd does it? If there's a crowd with more douches and wannabes than BMW, it's JDM.

But like I said... It's all opinion and at the end of day, we're all one and the same, we just love cars.

Originally posted by Shlade

Why exactly are you a sucker for paying the price for a car that's actually worth that where it's legal?

Just because it's not up to your standards of being a z06 or viper doesn't mean it isn't to somebody else's.

Those cars you mentioned are a dime a dozen and owned by just about any person with a decent paying job in North America. Find me a handful of R34 GTR's and maybe we can talk.

Sure this guys price is ridiculous for it being wrecked. I sold my 94 GTR that was MINT 2 years ago for 14k

ANY car can pull a good amount of money for a type of person. So let's not be a typical domestic douchebag and think that JDM cars are worthless.

This is exactly why I got rid of my mustang and got away from the "muscle scene" as it's filled with airheads

Graham_A_M
10-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
muscle beats import everytime, know I'm say'n, everytime Lol I have more muscle then most on here with my various cars and trucks, I absolutely LOVE GM, I found a 73 Trans am for my brother that I may even pick up, but for 3 - 5k, this would be a fun project especially with a 1-1.4 liter sport bike engine, he'll yeah, but $8-10k? No that's a bit more then I'm willing to spend on a little auto x warrior/go cart

ercchry
10-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Lol I have more muscle then most on here with my various cars and trucks, I absolutely LOVE GM, I found a 73 Trans am for my brother that I may even pick up, but for 3 - 5k, this would be a fun project especially with a 1-1.4 liter sport bike engine, he'll yeah, but $8-10k? No that's a bit more then I'm willing to spend on a little auto x warrior/go cart

wrong thread, pizza boy :rofl:

rage2
10-08-2014, 10:48 AM
qyTj4WnPE9M

Kinda funny that the Pizza Boy is a grown man getting kicked out by the JDM'ers. :rofl:

tomt64
10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I figured they were 8-10 grand cars..sucker born every minute I guess.

Judging by your excellent estimating skills and the fact that you think 90's mustangs are the best cars since sliced bread... you were probably born one of those so called 'suckers'.

eglove
10-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by tomt64

Judging by your excellent estimating skills and the fact that you think 90's mustangs are the best cars since sliced bread... you were probably born one of those so called 'suckers'.

:rofl: :rofl:

killramos
10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by rage2
qyTj4WnPE9M

Kinda funny that the Pizza Boy is a grown man getting kicked out by the JDM'ers. :rofl:

God i always forget how cheesy the lines are...

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by tomt64
Judging by your excellent estimating skills and the fact that you think 90's mustangs are the best cars since sliced bread... you were probably born one of those so called 'suckers'. lol..nice try. I bought my mustang cash for $6700. Apples to oranges comparison much? I've never said they are the best cars ever. I like them and so do a lot of others apparently seeing as how it won car of the year for my year. Flawed car? Yup but for the low price I paid I love it. I like cars from all makes and models. My favorite brand is probably maserati which is very European. I don't even like most mustangs and can take criticism unlike you. Now get your dominoes shirt back on and get busy.

killramos
10-08-2014, 11:50 AM
:drama:

:goflames:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 11:55 AM

Who said I'm a big mustang fan overall or only liked domestics? I prefer domestics whether they be GM or some fords/chryslers. But I love cars. Maserati, R32 skylines, E46 M3s, Mercedes 190e's etc. I call it how I see it - over valued/over priced jdm junk. My junk cost a fraction of that..it's just crazy money for what it is. My opinion only of course!

ercchry
10-08-2014, 11:58 AM

Who said I'm a big mustang fan overall or only liked domestics? I prefer domestics whether they be GM or some fords/chryslers. But I love cars. Maserati, R32 skylines, E46 M3s, Mercedes 190e's etc. I call it how I see it - over valued/over priced jdm junk. My junk cost a fraction of that..it's just crazy money for what it is. My opinion only of course!

simple economics on this one... and you are just not getting it. $6700 for a mid 90s mustang is not a performance bargain by any stretch of the imagination. i could have you running 12s for that in a JDM junk car

tomt64
10-08-2014, 12:06 PM

I call it how I see it

Time to book an appointment at the optometrist then. :rofl:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
simple economics on this one... and you are just not getting it. $6700 for a mid 90s mustang is not a performance bargain by any stretch of the imagination. i could have you running 12s for that in a JDM junk car

I don't look at cars as "investments" personally. They are toys meant to be enjoyed. Are you familiar with the abundant affordable 5.0 mustang aftermarket? Please see the turbo kit below for $1588 which bolts into my car without much fuss. I can go faster than 12's in a 302 over an import for less money any day of the week. And not look like another goof in a RHD with a fart cannon.

$6700 for a mustang with original owners manuals, clean interior, stick shift, no accidents and 100xxx kms aint a bad deal in my books. I know you prefer imports though.

DescriptionsAmount

On 3 Performance 5.0 1994 - 1995 Mu…On 3 Performance 5.0 1994 - 1995 Mustang Single Turbo System$1,499.00
Item price: $1,499.00
Quantity: 1

Item total $1,499.00
Shipping and handling: loading$89.00

Total $1,588.00 USD

ercchry
10-08-2014, 12:13 PM
might run 12s, but you still wont corner :rofl:

also im assuming by the lack of a link thats a junk china turbo kit :rolleyes:

also the fact you think im talking about investments just shows how you still dont get it

tomt64
10-08-2014, 12:19 PM
http://troll.me/images/redneck-toilet/hello-jegs-i-need-some-parts-for-my-mustang.jpg

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:20 PM
might run 12s, but you still wont corner :rofl:

also im assuming by the lack of a link thats a junk china turbo kit :rolleyes:

also the fact you think im talking about investments just shows how you still dont get it so? I care about having a car that drowns out weed wacker jdm yos and that can haul ass in a straight line. On3 has been out for a few years Yep made in China. Why would I waste money on a high end vortech s/c to end up with less streetable power. Cornering? Well it corners well enough for me but that's not big on my to do list.

ercchry
10-08-2014, 12:22 PM
so? I care about having a car that drowns out weed wacker jdm yos and that can haul ass in a straight line. On3 has been out for a few years Yep made in China. Why would I waste money on a high end vortech s/c to end up with less streetable power. Cornering? Well it corners well enough for me but that's not big on my to do list.

so.... redneck

i dont understand how you can turn up your nose at JDMs with this kind of attitude :rofl:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:26 PM
If redneck means preferring domestic, sure. That doesn't offend me..I golly gee reckon dat got a hemi!

ercchry
10-08-2014, 12:30 PM
you forget i've owned a lot of domestics... difference between us being... i prefer quality parts, and can appreciate ALL cars... while you want the cheapest route and have a closed mind... there for, you are a redneck. i believe that you folks even have some sort of funny man who has a whole stand up act that teaches the things that make you said redneck :thumbsup:

962 kid
10-08-2014, 12:34 PM
If redneck means preferring domestic, sure. That doesn't offend me..I golly gee reckon dat got a hemi!

Holy fuck you're kidding right? Your last build thread consisted largely of some chrome stock wheels, a chrome coated exhaust, lowering springs, stickers, blacked out body panels and blacked out ebay headlights. And you have the nuts to post that picture up? l o l

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:35 PM
Your very good at selling your pitch to the choir Eric I'll give u that. But I've got to help uncle eustice now with the moonshine brewing so I'm out. We are both on different sides of the fence and that's ok. I'd hate to have nothing to debate on here it would be boring!

Disoblige
10-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Look up hypocrisy in the dictionary, who do you see? :rofl:
Funny because this happens in lots of threads.

ercchry
10-08-2014, 12:37 PM
i JUST traded in a mustang for an f150... i just dont get this whole fence thing... you see my other car in my sig and thats it? :dunno:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
Holy fuck you're kidding right? Your last build thread consisted largely of some chrome stock wheels, a chrome coated exhaust, lowering springs, stickers, blacked out body panels and blacked out ebay headlights. And you have the nuts to post that picture up? l o l how did that LS swap turn out on your FD? I don't care what you think. Yeah leave out the long tube headers , ls6 intake etc etc. I did most of that work myself including paint etc. You don't need to throw crazy money at a big american v8 to make power - there you learned something! I had no problem beating up imports that tried from a dig or roll. Mustang not so much - it just sounds good for now it's slow!

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Since when is maserati an American redneck brand? You missed that part..errchy. But you only point out things that make you look smart to the masses. It's quite obvious. You put your spin on it to suit your purposes just like a good politician. It's cool..but people notice that.

ercchry
10-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Since when is maserati an American redneck brand? You missed that part..errchy. But you only point out things that make you look smart to the masses. It's quite obvious. You put your spin on it to suit your purposes just like a good politician. It's cool..but people notice that.

you dont own a maserati though... nor have you, nor will you ever. why? because redneck :poosie:

there, happy?

rage2
10-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Maserati... by Chrysler.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140908/OEM01/309089978/maseratis-secret:-chrysler-makes-its-engine-blocks

Just wanna put that out there lol.

killramos
10-08-2014, 12:49 PM
And to think I was just trying to point out that 35 grand was a lot of money for a used stock skyline and 15 grand was a lot for a broken one...

killramos
10-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Maserati... by Chrysler.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140908/OEM01/309089978/maseratis-secret:-chrysler-makes-its-engine-blocks

Just wanna put that out there lol.

My mother in law loves Quattroporte's, and i think they're stupid. You just gave me the best present all year!

:rofl:

962 kid
10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
how did that LS swap turn out on your FD? I don't care what you think. Yeah leave out the long tube headers , ls6 intake etc etc. I did most of that work myself including paint etc. You don't need to throw crazy money at a big american v8 to make power - there you learned something! I had no problem beating up imports that tried from a dig or roll. Mustang not so much - it just sounds good for now it's slow!

swing and a miss :rofl:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:53 PM
you dont own a maserati though... nor have you, nor will you ever. why? because redneck :poosie:

there, happy?

I've driven a Gran Turismo actually..but anyway go ahead and put people in boxes. Don't you have a glass of scotch to drink at your income property? Busy important guy like you surely can't waste it with me.

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
swing and a miss :rofl:

Yeah..RX7s are such amazing cars. That's why there are about 20 of them at any given time broken down outside clutch pro for rotary wizard adam on 17 Ave. :drama:

ercchry
10-08-2014, 12:56 PM

I've driven a Gran Turismo GT actually..but anyway go ahead and put people in boxes. Don't you have a glass of scotch to drink at your income property? Busy important guy like you surely can't waste it with me.

you're the one making the damn boxes... now who is the "politician" :rofl:

but yeah... office jobs ftw, got all the time in the world, 8hrs a day, 5 days a week :poosie:

and im actually sipping on a nice rum while getting the renos done at the income property thank you very much :D

spikerS
10-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Jeesus.

2001 called, and it wants it's argument back.

Shlade
10-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by spikerS
Jeesus.

Shh just let it happen. It's rare now a days to get any entertainment on this forum.

killramos
10-08-2014, 01:20 PM

Shh just let it happen. It's rare now a days to get any entertainment on this forum.

It's even car related! :rofl:

Ca_Silvia13
10-08-2014, 01:23 PM
For all the JDM haters let me purpose this.

Find me a 15 year old, rust free, 50,000km, not fucked up sports car sold in NA that i can double the stock hp on with out opening the motor.

My main point is the extremely low mileage, rust free condition of the cars available over there. Who gives a fuck which side the steering wheel is on.

clem24
10-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
Find me a 15 year old, rust free, 50,000km, not fucked up sports car

Haha this describes just about every JDM I see. Rusted, paint peeling and fading, holes drilled everywhere, and spewing smoke.. Oh and only 50km on the ODO! :D

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 01:37 PM
For all the JDM haters let me purpose this.

Find me a 15 year old, rust free, 50,000km, not fucked up sports car sold in NA that i can double the stock hp on with out opening the motor.

My main point is the extremely low mileage, rust free condition of the cars available over there. Who gives a fuck which side the steering wheel is on.

http://jalopnik.com/5881617/the-ten-best-high-performance-bargains/

3.) 1993-2002 Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Trans Am

Suggested By: valdaviper1

Why it's such cheap speed: Now we're getting serious. Behind all the mullet snark the bulky F-bodies make a serious case for classic high performance: big engine, big tires, big aftermarket support. The previous generation has its high points (watch for the '89 Trans Am with the Buick turbo V6) but the small-block and six-speed are a classic combination with tons of extra potential.

There's one. Sure..they look like catfishes or sharks. Bang for your buck no import can touch a late model f-body for cheap, reliable speed. And also get 30 mpg highway. Oh..but it's American (actually built in Canada..) so it's junk. Disregard.

I wish they still mass produced cars out of SMC/Fiberglass. Light weight and it doesn't rust. Plus it resists dents. Saturn just gave the whole idea such a bad name. Now those cars, overall garbage based on my experience.

ercchry
10-08-2014, 01:46 PM
i'd put up a soarer for that bench race... i win

and thats not even a GOOD import example, but it schools your camaro in all regards

zipdoa
10-08-2014, 01:54 PM
I love threads where people don't realize they come off as idiots, but they do.

Ca_Silvia13
10-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Haha this describes just about every JDM I see. Rusted, paint peeling and fading, holes drilled everywhere, and spewing smoke.. Oh and only 50km on the ODO! :D

16 year old kid doesn't know how to properly build a car whether it be a Mustang or Skyline. Wannabe drifters that think a track ready s13 is a good daily driver are stupid.

http://jalopnik.com/5881617/the-ten-best-high-performance-bargains/

3.) 1993-2002 Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Trans Am

Suggested By: valdaviper1

Why it's such cheap speed: Now we're getting serious. Behind all the mullet snark the bulky F-bodies make a serious case for classic high performance: big engine, big tires, big aftermarket support. The previous generation has its high points (watch for the '89 Trans Am with the Buick turbo V6) but the small-block and six-speed are a classic combination with tons of extra potential.

There's one. Sure..they look like catfishes or sharks. Bang for your buck no import can touch a late model f-body for cheap, reliable speed. And also get 30 mpg highway. Oh..but it's American (actually built in Canada..) so it's junk. Disregard.

I wish they still mass produced cars out of SMC/Fiberglass. Light weight and it doesn't rust. Plus it resists dents. Saturn just gave the whole idea such a bad name. Now those cars, overall garbage based on my experience.

2002 Z28 is rated at 275 crank hp. You really think you can get 550 crank with just intake and exhaust? I think not.

My point is that early to mid 90's JDM cars, the ones we all see everyday, are extrmemely good platforms for performace cars. Much better then 90-2000 NA cars.

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 02:08 PM
16 year old kid doesn't know how to properly build a car whether it be a Mustang or Skyline. Wannabe drifters that think a track ready s13 is a good daily driver are stupid.

2002 Z28 is rated at 275 crank hp. You really think you can get 550 crank with just intake and exhaust? I think not.

My point is that early to mid 90's JDM cars, the ones we all see everyday, are extrmemely good platforms for performace cars. Much better then 90-2000 NA cars.

A 2002 Z28 is under rated at 310 crank for hp & more importantly more torque than hp. Do some research man. There is a reason why most drifters do a junkyard LS swap. What car can you make 550 crank with intake and exhaust and in what price range? I'm not talking out of my ass, I owned a 100xxx mile Z28 LS1 that made 317 rwhp on tomas dyno with headers, ls6 intake, offroad y pipe and polished throttle body, air intake. Hate on the styling, but the performance, fuel economy and robustness of the LS series engine is tough to argue with. I also wasn't scared to take that car to vancouver and back. And get 30 mpg sometimes haha.

I daily drove one for 3 years. Besides typical cheap GM interior parts failing it held up well. It was just getting too long in tooth for me to keep.

ercchry
10-08-2014, 02:30 PM
its more important that they dont rev high? i dont get it? you are aware that hp is a derivative of torque, yes?

you know my soarer example has a 1jz in it right? whatcha know about the jz family? how about you look at tomas' latest car related thread there... something something... stock internals, something something... 904whp....

oh, btw... aaron had an LS powered suv :eek:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 02:34 PM
its more important that they dont rev high? i dont get it? you are aware that hp is a derivative of torque, yes?

you know my soarer example has a 1jz in it right? whatcha know about the jz family? how about you look at tomas' latest car related thread there... something something... stock internals, something something... 904whp....

oh, btw... aaron had an LS powered suv :eek:

Don't rev high? 6200 rpm fuel cut off with stock cam and valve springs isn't bad for a pushrod V8. Add a cam, dual valve springs and rev to the moon. No point in revving beyond peak power though.

I do know that. The 1jz is a good engine. But turbos are a whole nother animal. That's not a reasonable comparison to make. I would still bet that the LS will still get: better fuel economy and be more reliable even heavily modified. And LS engines love boost, look at never's old CTS V for an example.

Here's a question for you: what's going to make more power, an all motor LS with a cam or a 1jz (non turbo variant) with cam(s.) Which engine would you bet on for a trip from here to California and back in a JDM? My money's on the LS.

DOHC has it's advantages, but let's not ignore the simplicty and durability of a pushrod. GM appears to think so..look at the new Z06. 2 valve caveman pushrod V8.

rage2
10-08-2014, 02:37 PM
It's even car related! :rofl:
I'm having a blast trying to figure out who are the Statisticians, who are the Track Junkies, and who are the Purists. :rofl:

n1zm0
10-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by spikerS
Jeesus.

makes you feel young again doesn't it, reminiscing about all those internet JDM/import/domestic fights like it was yesterday.

Originally posted by zipdoa
I love threads where people don't realize they come off as idiots, but they do.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/476/412/f38.png

Shlade
10-08-2014, 02:53 PM
The 1jz is a good engine. But turbos are a whole nother animal. That's not a reasonable comparison to make. I would still bet that the LS will still get: better fuel economy and be more reliable even heavily modified.

Are you being serious

ercchry
10-08-2014, 02:56 PM

Which engine would you bet on for a trip from here to California and back in a JDM? My money's on the LS.

the oil use of the LS would blow my travel budget :rofl:

n1zm0
10-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Which engine would you bet on for a trip from here to California and back in a JDM?

A 1UZ-FE or 3VZ-E with 300k on it :poosie:

eglove
10-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Never win an argument against a Domestic Fanboy

Ca_Silvia13
10-08-2014, 03:11 PM

A 2002 Z28 is under rated at 310 crank for hp & more importantly more torque than hp. Do some research man. There is a reason why most drifters do a junkyard LS swap. What car can you make 550 crank with intake and exhaust and in what price range? I'm not talking out of my ass, I owned a 100xxx mile Z28 LS1 that made 317 rwhp on tomas dyno with headers, ls6 intake, offroad y pipe and polished throttle body, air intake. Hate on the styling, but the performance, fuel economy and robustness of the LS series engine is tough to argue with. I also wasn't scared to take that car to vancouver and back. And get 30 mpg sometimes haha.

I daily drove one for 3 years. Besides typical cheap GM interior parts failing it held up well. It was just getting too long in tooth for me to keep.

I pulled the hp figure off Wiki because that's where most bench racing takes place. Kidding.

Again my point is about the chassis condition of RHD compared to anything of comparable value sold in NA.

Yes the LS series of motors are pretty good for performance, if you get a good one (LS2, LS7). The unfortunate thing is the terrible yatch chassis they come in.

The new miata is a great example. Why put more hp in a car when you can just make it light and increase performance accross the board? That is something i feel GM has yet to wrap their heads around.

LSChevelle
10-08-2014, 03:14 PM

the oil use of the LS would blow my travel budget :rofl:

I've been really trying to stay out of this but.. Where did that come from? I know LS-based motors with 500k on the clock that don't burn more than a quart every 5k. They're not known for leaking either.

The engine I have in my car right now had 200k on it, when I tore it apart you could still see the cross hatch on the cylinders. I threw it back together, put some valve springs in it and have been making 700 crank all summer with a 1000 dollar turbo. I even drove it to red deer/lethbridge a few times. These engines are stout. I'd be willing to bet you could get more than 900hp on tomas dyno with a turbo 6.0L, 5.3 or even 4.8, probably for more than one run too.

killramos
10-08-2014, 03:21 PM

I'm having a blast trying to figure out who are the Statisticians, who are the Track Junkies, and who are the Purists. :rofl:

I think we have a new column:

Uncompromising Fanbois

:banghead:

ercchry
10-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by LSChevelle

I've been really trying to stay out of this but.. Where did that come from? I know LS-based motors with 500k on the clock that don't burn more than a quart every 5k. They're not known for leaking either.

The engine I have in my car right now had 200k on it, when I tore it apart you could still see the cross hatch on the cylinders. I threw it back together, put some valve springs in it and have been making 700 crank all summer with a 1000 dollar turbo. I even drove it to red deer/lethbridge a few times. These engines are stout. I'd be willing to bet you could get more than 900hp on tomas dyno with a turbo 6.0L, 5.3 or even 4.8, probably for more than one run too.

i wouldnt say a quart in 5k is exceptional... but i guess i'll take a bit of responsibility since i was thinking of the 5.3L truck motors... which i guess isnt actually an LS series (or is it? the vortec?)... BUT i know guys that have had issues with their LS swapped cars.. so... yeah

LSChevelle
10-08-2014, 03:31 PM

i wouldnt say a quart in 5k is exceptional... but i guess i'll take a bit of responsibility since i was thinking of the 5.3L truck motors... which i guess isnt actually an LS series (or is it? the vortec?)... BUT i know guys that have had issues with their LS swapped cars.. so... yeah

Anything less than a quart every 5k isn't anything to worry about to me.. Can it be better, yes. Should it be on a 500k motor? Probably not. Depending on the year, the 5.3L vortecs are basically an ironblock version of the LS. From what I have read the 5.3 oil consumption issue is a very small percentage of motors when you look a the grand scheme.

I should clarify, when I say "LS" I'm basically referring to anything iron or aluminum block that comes in a 4.8,5.3,6.0 or 6.2L variant from GM.

Were the guys who had issues with their swaps running NA?

ercchry
10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
yeah, basically issues from the first time they turned the key. but to me when swapping a used engine its the gamble you take no matter the manufacture. either way, me hating on the LS is purely to bother hollowpoint :rofl:

LSChevelle
10-08-2014, 03:40 PM
yeah, basically issues from the first time they turned the key. but to me when swapping a used engine its the gamble you take no matter the manufacture. either way, me hating on the LS is purely to bother hollowpoint :rofl:

Yea true enough! Maybe I have just been lucky so far haha.

:nut: at least you are honest! For the record, I agree that GM has lacked on the chassis side haha. I would take a properly done, LS swapped RX7 over the same year camaro anyday!

ercchry
10-08-2014, 03:42 PM
here we go, a car we can all agree is awesome... i hope :rofl:

pretty cool if you ask me. Rob is an awesome guy too

http://www.networka.com/drifting-in-a-car-without-foot-pedals-on-new-tuerckd

LSChevelle
10-08-2014, 04:07 PM

That car is so awesome!!!! Do you know anything about the transmission setup? Seems like it must be some kind of auto.... that uses a clutch? :dunno:

ercchry
10-08-2014, 04:09 PM

That car is so awesome!!!! Do you know anything about the transmission setup? Seems like it must be some kind of auto.... that uses a clutch? :dunno:

100% manual (im pretty damn sure), he developed the entire system himself. hasnt released too much about the actual details beyond what he talks about in the video though since i think he wants to market it in the future

still havent got a tour of the car though. almost did at street wheels but schedules didnt align

firebane
10-08-2014, 04:46 PM

That car is insanely nuts. That would hurt my brain to try and drive it.

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Yeah, that's pretty rad. I'm not going to argue that. Ok maybe that stupid huge decal lol :drool:

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Yea true enough! Maybe I have just been lucky so far haha.

:nut: at least you are honest! For the record, I agree that GM has lacked on the chassis side haha. I would take a properly done, LS swapped RX7 over the same year camaro anyday!

I would except I find Japanese paint to be horrible as well as the lack of rust proofing. But I agree an FD is a nicer looking car than a 4th gen Camaro. At least...stock haha.

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 05:12 PM

I pulled the hp figure off Wiki because that's where most bench racing takes place. Kidding.

Again my point is about the chassis condition of RHD compared to anything of comparable value sold in NA.

Yes the LS series of motors are pretty good for performance, if you get a good one (LS2, LS7). The unfortunate thing is the terrible yatch chassis they come in.

The new miata is a great example. Why put more hp in a car when you can just make it light and increase performance accross the board? That is something i feel GM has yet to wrap their heads around. depends..some of us have been known to race imports in Mexico at 3 am. LS1, LS2, LS6, vortec 5.3 it just doesn't matter. They are good engines period that are torture tested. As long as you feed them good oil they are happy. My 100xxx mile camaro used a little oil but I also downshifted and redlined it daily. That's going to eat oil. Run a quality catch can inline with your pcv and problem solved. Keep a litre in the trunk. It's built looser so some oil will blow by. but they are the enegizer bunny of the v8 engine world.

They are big cars, but most of it is just for looks. You can get them stock at just over 3200-3300 lbs. not hard to strip it if your a drag racer. You've obviously never driven a 4th gen because they corner amazingly. Good brakes too. I had no problem keeping up with a C5 around the corners on highway 97 haha. One thing I miss compared to my stang, camaro would drive circles around it and stopped now.

slinkie
10-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Confirmation bias

And man can't believe this guy with the 90s mustang is hating on ALL jdms. LMFAO

J.M.
10-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

Confirmation bias

And man can't believe this guy with the 90s mustang is hating on ALL jdms. LMFAO

but he paid cash bruh

g-m
10-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Run a quality catch can inline with your pcv and problem solved. Keep a litre in the trunk. It's built looser so some oil will blow by. but they are the enegizer bunny of the v8 engine world.
I like my engines the same as I like my ladies. Tight.

Hallowed_point
10-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

Confirmation bias

Never said my car was perfect..but some of you jdm yo types are pretty funny. Get out the stickers, dildo shift knobs and tamagotchi mirror hangers. Mods complete. How childish and lame is that? My pizza better not be late next time..I think a GS400 looks like a JDM Chrysler Sebring personally. That's a sexy ride.

It gets old reading all the import dick riding after awhile. Not everyone here is a fan fyi

Mista Bob
10-08-2014, 10:24 PM
The butthurt is strong in this one. Jay dee em car driver steal your girlfriend? :nut:

I'm guessing the price on that R34 is that high because his insurance company didn't give him a single cent and he is now out 30,000+.
Can't imagine any company would be willing to put full coverage on a car that can't be repaired in North America??

slinkie
10-08-2014, 10:32 PM

I think a GS400 looks like a JDM Chrysler Sebring personally.

E320 bro

tomt64
10-08-2014, 11:34 PM

Never said my car was perfect..but some of you jdm yo types are pretty funny. Get out the stickers, dildo shift knobs and tamagotchi mirror hangers. Mods complete. How childish and lame is that? My pizza better not be late next time..I think a GS400 looks like a JDM Chrysler Sebring personally. That's a sexy ride.

It gets old reading all the import dick riding after awhile. Not everyone here is a fan fyi

Get out the shotgun, toothpick, mullet and put on the metallica tank top. Tonight its time to show the jdm shit boxes the power of my ls6 intake! :rofl:

Cooked Rice
10-09-2014, 03:34 AM
This thread :rofl:

I own both JDMs and an American V8, yes LS powered. And quite honestly, I don't mingle well with most other drivers of the same vehicles. Being that I find most the time they are exclusive to only what they own. I like to consider my cars anti-social, call me grumpy and old at heart if you like.

When i'm in one of my JDMs, they are clean, non-flashy, and next to stock, but I get Mustangs, diesel bro-dozers etc. owners pull ricer fly bys on me and cut me off all the time for no reason. And when I park, I attract all the import fanboy yoho's that end up parking next to me whom I don't want to be associated with. I actually got a good kick out of an incident on the weekend when some civic decided to park next to me out in a empty lot when I was at the hardware store, and I just happened to be walking back to my car at the same time as the other owner. I find it comical how a sliver of Japanese track culture made it to North America, after getting bent 100 ways, to now be labelled as JDM and the kids are taking it to the streets. It's about as silly as if they started decking out domestics in Japan like a Nascar.

In the vette, the imports tend to mind their own business on the road, but the domestics and the bro-dozers still try to race, rev their engine, do fly-bys.

But what I do find in common is that whether it be the import fanboys or the douchebag domestics, the drivers are all typically young. So whether these teens get into a import, jdm, or find their way into a domestic, chances are they are going to find one way or another of justifying what they have is better or 'cooler' than the opposite. Yes, I know this from experience, most of us were there once. It's unfortunate that people's friendly demeanor they have with each other in person always seems to disappear every time they get behind the wheel, or even the keyboard.

But if you were one to grow up over the years, refine your personal tastes and still learned to appreciate all cars along the way, then you're more than welcome to join me for a beer.

... oh and I rather be flying. Because at least in the air, pilots are typically nice to each other, and we like all planes... most the time.