PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the snow! My winter tire thoughts

Tuner1
10-01-2014, 09:54 PM
There aren't many new and exciting winter tires for this season. I guess the Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 and Nokian Hakka 8 are two worth mentioning but from what I can see not much else has changed since winter 2013/2014.

We've already ordered some very unique non-OE sizes for a 2015 BMW M4, M6 Gran Coupe and Audi RS7. We love finding ways to fit oddball stuff with specialty sizes that most never consider using. It looks like the SQ5, F30 / 335, '14+ X5, '14+ IS250 / IS350 and Mercedes-Benz CLA and GL will be some of our most popular vehicles this season.

For my Audi I needed to buy a set of 255/35R19 winters for this season so the obviously choices were the Bridgestone LM-32, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4, Dunlop Winter Sport 3D, Pirelli Sottozero Serie II and Nokian Hakka R2. Since I wanted my Quattro to be King of the Road on nasty winter days I opted for the Nokian Hakka R2. They were on my car for 24hrs and approx 18kms before the loud tire road and shocking lack of dry road performance forced me to remove them. We quickly fitted a set of Michelin PA4s and a smile instantly returned to my face. No doubt the Nokians would be better on those slippery -25C days but the Michelins are far better the other 90% of the time.

Enough rambling for now. Who else has tried something new this season?

cyra1ax
10-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Wasn't for this season, but I went from Goodyear Nordics to the Hakka R2's in December last year and it made a world of difference for me. Unfortunately I get insane amounts of noise in the Corolla and it was worse with the Nordics on, and yes, the Hakka R2's still make quite a bit of noise compared to my summer tires but it's something that I'm willing to live with for the performance that they provide when the weather does get shitty. I also suggested the Hakka R2's to a co-worker that drives a WRX and he absolutely loves them, said they go perfect with the AWD.

I'm curious as to how the WS80 fares, from what I read it carries the same 50% Multicell compound construction that the WS70 had, and from online reviews and people that I know that got them, the WS70 seemed to wear quite quickly.

benyl
10-01-2014, 10:30 PM
PA4s are awesome. That is all I have to say.

There is a stretch on HWY 1 on the way back to Calgary by the Husky station that cause weird humming with the tires.

msommers
10-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Man I'd love to drive a GTR with hakk 8's on some twisty snow track :drool:

AE92_TreunoSC
10-01-2014, 10:45 PM
I agree with the Michelins. They are never the best at -30 or pure ice. But the rest of winter, they are quieter, better handling and smoother. I havent experienced them on a high performance car but I imagine its nice to retain some luxury feel.

I have regular Alpins and they perform better than the stock junk tires that came with my car.

FiveFreshFish
10-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Pre-studded from the factory.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2eehua0.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/vfxhxi.jpg

benyl
10-01-2014, 11:08 PM
I wish those were made in 255/35/19

jsn
10-01-2014, 11:17 PM
I got a set of hakkapellita R2s ready for my STI. As much as I dread the thought of snow, I'm pretty damn excited as it'll be my first winter in a STI and first winter with Nokians. My previous WRX used Michelins.

k1l4m
10-01-2014, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I wish those were made in 255/35/19

If you are talking about the Hakka 8's FiveFreshFish posted: http://winter-tires.pmctire.com/enw/nokian-hakkapeliitta-8-studded-255-35r19-96h-xl.tire

benyl
10-02-2014, 12:06 AM
yeah I noticed on Nokian site they have them. When I was checking earlier in the year, they didn't.

Got to wear out the PA4s first. Unless someone wants to buy them. haha

killramos
10-02-2014, 06:58 AM
I am going with Continental Wintercontact TS830P SSR's for the winter. Nothing special but :dunno: should be pretty good. Never tried runflats but want get-home-ability for when my fiance is using the car.

Last year i had Dunlop winter Maxx on my GTI which were :facepalm: , thought i would throw my uncle a bone since he runs a fountain tire... Now i know to never ever buy a tire that is quoted for a passenger vehicle :thumbsdow

Sugarphreak
10-02-2014, 07:12 AM

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Studded Sailuns+welded rear diff and front LSD for me this year, with my almost brand new Hankook W310s on backup.

BavarianBeast
10-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Just use blizzaks on my audi. never had any issues with them.

A2VR6
10-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Swapping my winter rides over to studded Kumho KW-22s from General Altimax Arctics. Looking forward to see the improvement as every vehicle with kw-22s I've driven have been great.:thumbsup:

The_Rural_Juror
10-02-2014, 07:53 AM
I am really impressed with the dry handling and comfort on the Hakka 8's. I wish more stores carried them. Kal Tire has been hit and miss for me.

avishal26
10-02-2014, 07:56 AM
I put Hankook i*Pikes (not studded) on my M35 two seasons ago I think it was - amazing winter performance and very little noise on dry roads but good grip in dry as well. A great all around tire I think. Would definitely get again.

Going with Bridgestone Blizzaks on the SUV this winter since the price was only $50 more than the Hankooks (for the M 2 years ago it was about $200 more compared to i*Pikes)

From my previous experience with Blizzaks on a RWD car, they are awesome!

npham
10-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Got a screw in one of my summer tires, so I swapped on the winters last night. Bring on the winter!

benyl
10-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Just use blizzaks on my audi. never had any issues with them.

I love blizzaks, but they are super loud.

BavarianBeast
10-02-2014, 08:16 AM
^ Yeah, they are a bit loud.. I find my tunes are a little louder during the winter months haha.

On a unrelated note, does anybody know where I can go buy the tools to remove my Audi stero head unit, or know where I can go to just have it popped out? The car is a 2001 and didn't have aux/ipod plug in, so I was going to wire one to the headunit but you need a special tool to pop it out..

schocker
10-02-2014, 08:42 AM
I was always a fan of blizzaks. I tried the dunlops for two seasons and wasn't too impressed but the dry traction was very good. I am suing the federal Himalayas on my acura and they are quite good all around in winter but they are quite loud. I still have to install my tpms on my steel wheels so I can take them over to urban x to put the tires on :D

killramos
10-02-2014, 08:44 AM
^ Yeah, they are a bit loud.. I find my tunes are a little louder during the winter months haha.

On a unrelated note, does anybody know where I can go buy the tools to remove my Audi stero head unit, or know where I can go to just have it popped out? The car is a 2001 and didn't have aux/ipod plug in, so I was going to wire one to the headunit but you need a special tool to pop it out..

I'm sure concept1 or tunedub could hook you up? even if they just pop it out for you.

CanmoreOrLess
10-02-2014, 08:48 AM
The season before last, I had General Altimax Arctics from Urban Tire South, got four seasons out of them, the fourth was starting to show and feel the wear. Very decent budget tire, not an issue with them at all. They do not come pre studded, so you need to deal with this before the first drive. There is a shop in Calgary installing studs.

Last year I again went to Urban South, went with the NEW NordFrost 100 Pre-Studded with a minus one sizing, again at a good price compared to the other studded tires out there. Much better in every situation I found, road noise was a noticeable at <30 K/hr, beyond this, not any worse than any other winter tire I have had previously. I will never be without studded tires in the winter, the improvement is that great.

http://www.gislaved-tires.com/generator/www/de/en/gislaved/tires/themes/winter-tires/nordfrost-100/nordfrost-100.html

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ufx9p3.jpg

spike98
10-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
The season before last, I had General Altimax Arctics from Urban Tire South, got four seasons out of them, the fourth was starting to show and feel the wear. Very decent budget tire, not an issue with them at all. They do not come pre studded, so you need to deal with this before the first drive. There is a shop in Calgary installing studs.

Last year I again went to Urban South, went with the NEW NordFrost 100 Pre-Studded, again at a good price compared to the other studded tires out there. Much better in every situation I found, road noise was a noticeable at &lt;30 K/hr, beyond this, not any worse than any other winter tire I have had previously. I will never be without studded tires in the winter, the improvement is that great.

http://www.gislaved-tires.com/generator/www/de/en/gislaved/tires/themes/winter-tires/nordfrost-100/nordfrost-100.html

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ufx9p3.jpg

Do want. But i don't think Urban is an authorized dealer anymore. Recommend anyone specific to call there and find out?

CanmoreOrLess
10-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by spike98

Do want. But i don't think Urban is an authorized dealer anymore. Recommend anyone specific to call there and find out?

Interesting, it looks like Gislaved has switched to a car dealer format for retail right across Canada. I have kept an eye on tire prices at my dealers, they are not any higher than anywhere else from what I have seen. I'm there for an oil change anyways (again same price as else where), so getting the tires mounted or rotated would be killing two birds.

http://www.gislaved-tires.ca/generator/www/ca/en/gislaved/tires/themes/dealers/dealer_locator.html

BavarianBeast
10-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by killramos

I'm sure concept1 or tunedub could hook you up? even if they just pop it out for you.

Thanks, I'll give concept 1 a shot. Tunedub always seems too busy to give me the time of day for anything. Not very impressed with them.

BavarianBeast
10-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by killramos

Thanks, I'll give concept 1 a shot. Tunedub always seems too busy to give me the time of day for anything. Not very impressed with them.

Tuner1
10-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
I am really impressed with the dry handling and comfort on the Hakka 8's. I wish more stores carried them. Kal Tire has been hit and miss for me.

I found the opposite - never driven a Nokian winter tire that I would give more than a 7/10 to on dry roads. That said they are certainly great on the occasional harsh winter day.

We carry plenty of Nokians in stock but mostly the larger sizes.

Tuner1
10-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by benyl
yeah I noticed on Nokian site they have them. When I was checking earlier in the year, they didn't.

Got to wear out the PA4s first. Unless someone wants to buy them. haha

About two weeks from now we are outfitting a new E63 AMG S wagon with 19" BBS CH-R wheels and Nokian Hakka R2s for winter. Should have tons of grip in nasty conditions :burnout:

natty54
10-02-2014, 08:41 PM

GTR Auto has them

I have the keys. Can pm me

This year I will be also running the studded Gislaved Nordfrost 100 - last year I had the Nordfrost 5

BBursey
10-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Damnit - how did I miss that Tunerworks carries Nokians? I put up with terrible service at Kal-Tire because I thought I had no other choice. It turns out I need to go somewhere else anyway since they forgot to balance my spare and one of the weights is going to fall off. I could have had it done right the first time...

Anyway. Hakka R2s for my wife's S4 Avant this year. I pretty excited for the first winter drive to the mountains.

Cheers,
Bryan

Tuner1
10-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BBursey
Damnit - how did I miss that Tunerworks carries Nokians? I put up with terrible service at Kal-Tire because I thought I had no other choice. It turns out I need to go somewhere else anyway since they forgot to balance my spare and one of the weights is going to fall off. I could have had it done right the first time...

Anyway. Hakka R2s for my wife's S4 Avant this year. I pretty excited for the first winter drive to the mountains.

Cheers,
Bryan

The Hakka R2s should make your S4 Avant nearly unstoppable in the mountains! Maybe disconnect the sway bars to reduce roll stiffness and go rally the thing :D

Tuner1
10-02-2014, 09:41 PM
We sell the Gislaved Nordfrost tires at Tunerworks. I think they are great tires for mainstream vehicles but every time I recommend them to a client I get a blank stare - the brand has just about zero recognition on this side of the pond.

Sugarphreak
10-02-2014, 10:00 PM

spike98
10-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Tuner1
We sell the Gislaved Nordfrost tires at Tunerworks. I think they are great tires for mainstream vehicles but every time I recommend them to a client I get a blank stare - the brand has just about zero recognition on this side of the pond.

Rob, i emailed you!

sneek
10-03-2014, 08:43 AM
From my experience the PA4's aren't a great winter tire. They do great in dry and wet conditions, but you can get yourself into some fun slides in heavy slush. That said, I am still alive and I didn't crash my car so I can't complain that much. The tires have low road noise and good feel/steering response for a winter tire. I learned my lesson this year and I am going for X-Ice 3's which are now in my size :burnout: hopefully they aren't too soft and noisy in the dry.

CanmoreOrLess
10-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I look to Sweden (http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/winter-tyres) for my tire research (http://www.laneks.lv/en/tyres/pas/?filters=), they have mandatory winter tires from December 1 to March 31. Outside of this period:

The road conditions are considered to be wintry when there is snow, ice, slush or frost on any part of the road. The Swedish Police decides whether there are wintry conditions on a certain road.

Sweden even requires buses and trucks to have winter tires (as they should):

As from 1 January 2013, heavy trucks, heavy buses and private cars class II (campers) with a total weight of more than 3.5 metric tons, are to have winter tyres or equivalent equipment on the vehicle’s driven wheels when there are wintry conditions on the roads during the period from 1 December to 31 March. This requirement applies to all tyres on driven wheels. Please observe that front-wheel drive vehicles are to be fitted with winter tyres or equivalent equipment on the vehicle’s rear wheels as well.

Equivalent equipment refers to, among other things, snow chains, slip protection and certain tyres with solid-block elements. Block tyres with winter tyre treads labelled M+S or tyres labelled with the symbol alpine peak/snowflake (3PMSF) should be considered winter tyres.

The depth of the tyre tread of all tyres on heavy vehicles is to be at least 5 millimetres during wintry road conditions. This requirement does not apply to attached trailers.

THE SWEDES KNOW WINTER!!

Yuubah
10-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Bought a set of blizzak WS80 for the Audi. Hopefully they'll be as good as they say :thumbsup:

Mounted them on rims, and just waiting for the first snowfall in the forecast before switching over.

Hallowed_point
10-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Hopefully the deal of a century blizzac ws60s I picked up don't suck. I went based on blizzacs reputation alone..studless on a rwd pony car

r3ccOs
10-03-2014, 06:25 PM
in Cgy... any winter tire with studds are going to perform incredibly well

I had hakka's and will admit that they are the best non-studded tire... I've since switched up to Goodyear ultra ice studded and won't look back.

however with that being said, I've heard that even cheapo no-name winter's with studs work very well regardless...

in fact even with "car tires" I'd go with ones with the chunkiest lugs with a studdable option to power through deep snow and yet still stop on ice.

loweg
10-03-2014, 07:05 PM
My 155/65/13 Michelin x-ice should be here from japan on Monday for the alto. Smallest x ice in North America likely.... lol

r3ccOs
10-04-2014, 10:13 AM
http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/Discoverer-A-TW.aspx

these may be tires I'll for for next time once I chew up my duratracs

dj_rice
10-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Any of you guys have any input on the Federal Himalaya's?

When I worked at Nissan Parts, I was slinging the Federals and Hankooks out like crazy. Great price point. But not sure how they perform, had no customers come back angry so that must be a good thing.

Now that I'm at a Euro luxury brand, we're not allowed to touch the no-names brands. :bigpimp:

Sky
10-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I got them on my 2007 ML320 CDI and they are decent. Ran them for 2 winters. Does the job but I don't think they're the greatest. Just good value and bang for your buck.

Originally posted by dj_rice

When I worked at Nissan Parts, I was slinging the Federals and Hankooks out like crazy. Great price point. But not sure how they perform, had no customers come back angry so that must be a good thing.

Now that I'm at a Euro luxury brand, we're not allowed to touch the no-names brands. :bigpimp:

relyt92
10-04-2014, 12:07 PM

Now that I'm at a Euro luxury brand, we're not allowed to touch the no-names brands. :bigpimp: I liked them on my Civic. I've seen a lot of complaints if you're driving something with more than like 150 ft/lb torque because of how soft the rubber is though.

AE92_TreunoSC
10-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I found a lot of odd tire wear on Fed's when inspecting them. Very soft compound. I suspect the reason for poor wear pattern is due to driving them while roads are warm still.

I personally don't like them for this, the Hankook Ipikes are much better performers for the price bracket they are in.

tirebob
10-04-2014, 02:01 PM
I have been using the federal for going 3 years now. They are absolutely great performing severe winter condition tires and level of traction for the dollar is undeniable. That said, they are not dry weather handling oriented for those who drive more performance oriented cars. They do chew through snow like a MF though! Studless the do decently on ice as well, and if you do stud them, you will be a billy goat out there on shitty days!!!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Some of you probably saw my thoughts on the Himalayas last year, but they do not work on a performance car at all!

dj_rice
10-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
I found a lot of odd tire wear on Fed's when inspecting them. Very soft compound. I suspect the reason for poor wear pattern is due to driving them while roads are warm still.

I personally don't like them for this, the Hankook Ipikes are much better performers for the price bracket they are in.

Yeah I noticed they are extremely soft tire. Almost comparable to the Michelin X-Ice. The Hankook's were alot stiffer. We even had customers who thought the Federal's were still too expensive and wanted cheaper alternatives. So we would bring in, Jetson Snowblazer I think they were called. They were stiff as hell. Pure garbage but hey, even a cheap winter tire performs better than a expensive all-season.

They should be fine enough for a gift for my sisters 14 Civic Coupe. Easy on the wallet

blownz
10-06-2014, 02:03 PM
I switched both my SUV and car to studded Nokian's two years ago from Micheline X-Ice tires. Not sure if the improvement was worth it though. Lots of time they seem slippery on bare road in the cold. A bit better on ice, but again it doesn't seem like much. Maybe on the car, but not on the SUV.

And for those considering studded tires on a heavy vehicle, note that they will scratch your garage floor and if you are as anal as I am it will piss you off. I won't put them on my SUV again for this reason alone. On my F10 it isn't very noticeable though.

max_boost
10-06-2014, 04:27 PM

Use Hankook iPike's on all the vehicles, Tribeca, Golf, Forester, Impreza, 328 etc. Just seems to cover all the bases: T-rated so soft enough for grip in the snow, stiff enough for the dry roads, good price point and satisfactory tread wear.

Best tire I have ever driven on are still the Bridgestone MZ03 ice tire on the 96 windstar. That thing had unbelievable grip, ice was nice but they melted so fast when the roads were dry.

Dumbass17
10-07-2014, 03:40 PM
My X5 got 4 brand new studded Nokian Hakkaplatta 8 SUVs put on today and I am picking it up after work. Unlucky for me, I got burned on a kijiji winter tire deal but will post my review once the winter flies again

Tuner1
10-09-2014, 12:21 PM
We just equipped this 520hp AWD rig with 20" BBS CH-R wheels and Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires.

rage2
10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
The ultimate winter machine.

I'm definitely going back to a 911TT once the kids get a little older and can take the bus haha.

Yuubah
10-10-2014, 11:17 AM
How's the road noise for studded tires? Other than better grip, is there any other benefits of having them on a winter tire?

Dumbass17
10-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Yuubah
How's the road noise for studded tires? Other than better grip, is there any other benefits of having them on a winter tire?
I'll let you know in a few weeks when all hell breaks loose and it snows like mad.
As for noise, they are a bit noisy and I get quite a few looks but they're not noisy like loud, knobby tires noisy. Just more of a soft 'whirrr' at higher speeds and a 'clicking sound' at slower speeds. haha I don't know what I'm talking about by I think the X should be a winter beast

r3ccOs
10-11-2014, 11:59 AM
studded tires are also allowed in BC but only from Oct to April... kinda sucks for my studded A/Ts

k1l4m
10-11-2014, 06:32 PM

As mentioned above, a distinct "clicking" noise can be heard under 40-50 km/h. Not as bad at faster speeds IMO, especially with the heater and/or music. They will have worse grip in dry conditions compared to a studless winter.

For a 4x4/AWD or FWD, I would choose a good set of studless winter tires over studded.

max_boost
10-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The ultimate winter machine.

I'm definitely going back to a 911TT once the kids get a little older and can take the bus haha. Just go buy one baller :D

Drove mine last winter, loved it! :eek:

Hallowed_point
10-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Fed Himalayas with studs have amazing ice and snow traction for the money. They are horrible if you put the power down with a high torque car on dry roads. But for the money and on black Ice they are tough to beat. They aren't a great enthusiasts tire of you like pushing through corners hard.

blownz
10-14-2014, 09:54 AM

I have studded Nokian's on a Ford Expedition and an F10. I can only hear noise under about 10km/h if everything is quiet or if the windows are open. Otherwise they are very quiet.

spike98
10-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by k1l4m

As mentioned above, a distinct &quot;clicking&quot; noise can be heard under 40-50 km/h. Not as bad at faster speeds IMO, especially with the heater and/or music. They will have worse grip in dry conditions compared to a studless winter.

For a 4x4/AWD or FWD, I would choose a good set of studless winter tires over studded.

So your suggesting studs are recommended for RWD applications? Would they be of any benefit on the fronts as well or just the rears?

I am gettings some nordfrost 100's from Sonny at tunerworks but for the studs i have my reservations about having them installed on all 4 tires or just the rears.

diamondedge
10-14-2014, 12:03 PM
+1 for another Federal Himalaya user, studded, on a Subaru Impreza (2.5i)

My work parking lot was sheer ice at times, I've had a few moments where I overcooked my parking lot maneuver...oh man was that a butt clencher. (I think partially because it was on an incline and that unloaded the front somewhat.)

That being said, at speed, coming up to a 4-way stop, I felt more confidence than with non-studded winters when braking on ice. Noise was bearable but on a car with little sound deadening you will notice it for sure.

k1l4m
10-14-2014, 12:14 PM

So your suggesting studs are recommended for RWD applications? Would they be of any benefit on the fronts as well or just the rears?

I am gettings some nordfrost 100's from Sonny at tunerworks but for the studs i have my reservations about having them installed on all 4 tires or just the rears.

Are you going to drive it everyday? In my experience, with a light rwd car and no traction control, I would go the studded route (I learned the hard way, thankfully nothing bad happened). I had a lightly used set of hankook i pikes which were completely useless on black ice. With the studded nokian's, the car was much much better and I had no issues at all.

I would get all four studded. You will be able to turn and stop better on ice.

sh0ko
10-14-2014, 12:31 PM
We just equipped this 520hp AWD rig with 20&quot; BBS CH-R wheels and Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires.

so nice!!!

just equipped my car with some BBS-SR 18" wheels wtih some OEM tpms and Nokian Hakka 8's! stoked for the white stuff

Kramerica
10-14-2014, 02:44 PM

Fronts definitely need to be studded, your steering and most the braking is done there.

Tuner1
11-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko

just equipped my car with some BBS-SR 18&quot; wheels wtih some OEM tpms and Nokian Hakka 8's! stoked for the white stuff

Nice choice :)

Here is another BBS + Nokian rig ready for winter.

Tuner1
11-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Any BBS fans here? This BBS SR + Pirelli Sottozero combo turned out great!

Tuner1
11-06-2014, 07:46 PM
With also sell winter package without BBS wheels ;)

Maybe a 2015 Macan Turbo for ya'?

Tuner1
11-06-2014, 07:49 PM
...and before signing off for the day I will leave this nice black on black on black 2015 BMW M4 Cab here! The Blizzak LM-32s will have to work hard on this application!

Asian_defender
11-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by diamondedge
+1 for another Federal Himalaya user, studded, on a Subaru Impreza (2.5i)

My work parking lot was sheer ice at times, I've had a few moments where I overcooked my parking lot maneuver...oh man was that a butt clencher. (I think partially because it was on an incline and that unloaded the front somewhat.)

That being said, at speed, coming up to a 4-way stop, I felt more confidence than with non-studded winters when braking on ice. Noise was bearable but on a car with little sound deadening you will notice it for sure.

I agree here, the feds are loud. I almost called urban to see if they would trade them for something else but decided to keep them as they were cheap.

I will spend more money next time on winters for the noise factor alone.

Khyron
11-07-2014, 01:01 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=4371962
Any BBS fans here? This BBS SR + Pirelli Sottozero combo turned out great!

I :love: that so much!! Ugh!

I have studded Hankooks on the FRS - they only click like gravel at 30km/hr or less in the dry. Faster, I can't even tell they're studded. Hoot at Ghost lake driving thing last year!

killramos
11-07-2014, 08:59 AM
...and before signing off for the day I will leave this nice black on black on black 2015 BMW M4 Cab here! The Blizzak LM-32s will have to work hard on this application!

Looks great. Haven't seen a pick with the top up yet lol.

Very different lines.

msommers
11-07-2014, 09:51 AM
BBS wheels on a Porsche winter pig. FML :rofl:

Tuner1
11-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Khyron

I have studded Hankooks on the FRS - they only click like gravel at 30km/hr or less in the dry. Faster, I can't even tell they're studded. Hoot at Ghost lake driving thing last year!

Should be easier to drift in the dry with the studded tires :devil: