PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Question

T-420
03-05-2004, 07:56 AM
Hey all. Got a question for all of you. I got hit about 3 weeks ago very minor on my rear bumper. I was stop at a stop sign and the other guy thought I was going to go and bumped me. We pulled over and agreed since it was so minor that we would exchane info. Well turns out that he bent my bumper up just enought that when I try to open my tail gate it hits the bumper. So I call the guy up and tell him Im going to get an estimate for the damage. The next day I call him back and tell him its only $430. Well its now been 2 weeks since then and This guy is not returning my calls. My question to you is will It screw me at all if I report it to my insurance company? The reason I want to report is because I believe he may have lied to his insurance company to get his fixed.

Zero102
03-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Heh, got scammed.
Yeah... you usually have 2-3 months to report it.
I tried to settle once with the guy. After 3 weeks of him telling me I had to make it cheaper, I just called up his insurance.
They will give you a little shit, but be honest. Say you were trying to settle with him personally, and that he backed out, and they will usually be reasonable about it.

However, if he lied to his insurance company... that will be tougher. In the end, he might be out an insurance policy. But they will fight it to the bitter end if they have already paid him. Get on it right away, the sooner the better.

For what it's worth, try calling the guy from a different number, maybe he has caller ID and is dodging you on purpose.

bighead411
03-09-2004, 02:29 PM
a u having full coverage or just third party? and what insurance company he've........b'coz alot of company even u call in their claim department. they will report to your own insurance company. so your insurance still may know(depends they will report or not). but u sound like his front run in to your rear part. even if he lie. i don't see the point how he can lie to your insurance company and make it become your fault.........hope this help......

dirty_magic
03-09-2004, 02:44 PM
ive had two similar situations, both are taken care of. I just called the insurance company of the person who was screwing me around for one, and it turned out that she was screwing them around too, so no problem to fix. The other incident I took to a small claims court in the NWT, and its taken care of. Both were for $1000 each, new drivers door, and molding in one incident, and a new front bumper in the other, dude cut me off on my advanced green, dumbass.

Good luck, and dont give up, the only thing to do is be persistent.

nickyh
03-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Once he hears you say you are filing a report with your insurance and they will contact his people, he'll call pretty quick to settle out of insurance.
His deductible is probably more than your $430

hjr
03-10-2004, 08:04 PM
phone him 1 last time if you are feeling like nice guy and tell him you want the money or you will claim through insurance.

Go to the police station now, as in right now and get an accident report.

then phone his insurance. tell them what happened, and they should be able to sort everything out.