PDA

View Full Version : Do you participate in phone surveys?

D'z Nutz
10-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys participate in phone surveys when one calls you up? Would you say:

A) All of the time,
B) Some of the time, or
C) Get me off this damn calling list!

:rofl:

I just got off the phone with a vaccination survey who has been trying to reach me for the last 3 weeks (I genuinely kept missing the call) and it got me wondering how often people participate.

Generally speaking I almost always participate if they catch me at time when I can answer the questions and if I feel if the general public can benefit from my responses (assuming the call isn't market research for a product they are developing). I've participated in calls about vaccinations, radio and television usage, internet usage, and bike paths/city recreation, and I know there's a few others that aren't coming to mind right now. One time I got a call for a survey and they compensated for my airtime usage by sending me a crumpled fiver in the mail even though it was just 2 minutes long and it was during my free minutes haha

e31
10-04-2014, 01:59 PM
I made a bunch of money doing surveys & interviews when I was going to school. U of C research was doing some long term followup stuff and surprised the hell out of me with a birthday card, long after the trials were supposedly concluded; creepy.

I can't be bothered to answer surveys anymore, not worth the time.

Tik-Tok
10-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Generally speaking I almost always participate if they catch me at time when I can answer the questions and if I feel if the general public can benefit from my responses (assuming the call isn't market research for a product they are developing).

This sums it up for me as well. Although I rarely pick up the phone on a number I don't know these days, so haven't actually done one in awhile.

FixedGear
10-04-2014, 08:53 PM
This thread should've been a poll lol

J.M.
10-04-2014, 09:18 PM
I get a ton of these haha I usually just block the numbers once I answer and find out it's a survey,

Graham_A_M
10-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Fuck no. "You can be entered to win $500!!"...... yeah against 10,000 other people that were dumb enough to spend quality minutes answering a barrage of idiotic questions? Oh okay, totally sounds worth it

Sugarphreak
10-04-2014, 10:38 PM

topmade
10-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I used to have call back 10 customers per week for customer service reviews. So if it's a company I currently deal with I will do the survey cause I know nobody does this type of job because they want to. If it's a random survey that I have no association with I just hang up.

triplep
10-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
My standard answer

"Sorry, I don't do 3rd party surveys"

I do the:

"No Speak English" In a horrible accent.

Appears to work as Telus has stopped calling us.

I lived with an individual who worked at a call centre before, and he told me that if there are communication issues (i.e. the no speak english) they make a note on the account and don't bother calling again as they can't communicate with the caller.

ddduke
10-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

This sums it up for me as well. Although I rarely pick up the phone on a number I don't know these days, so haven't actually done one in awhile.

I find it way worse to ignore because then I always get the tail end of their bullshit on my voicemail.

hampstor
10-06-2014, 07:20 PM
B.

From participating in a radio survey years ago, my family was invited to participate in an ongoing radio/TV survey that pays monthly. Been doing it for 5 years or so.

Did a Rogers customer sat survey once and they sent me $200 in Visa gift cards.