PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do concrete work? looking for a rough estimate

Thaco
10-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Hey all, been living in this place for a few years now and have been putting off getting some concrete work done because i am afraid of the price... so i am just looking for a rough estimate to know whether or not my fears were justified..

Anyway, he's my yard... and proposed concreted area.. currently they are just sidewalk blocks on a wooden grid, over top of soil... no gravel or anything under there, this was done when i moved in so i have left it alone...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/concretes.jpg

and the biggest issue is going to be getting the materials to and from the yard... we have no front lane, so all i have to work with is a 7 foot wide strip between the 2 fences... and it's got a strip of sidewalk blocks down it, so cant even really drive down there unless precautions are taken to not break the blocks as those belong to the condo corp..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57875389/junk/path.jpg

Also, as you can see with that path, i will never be able to put any sort of weight on this pad, it's more just to clean it up and remove the existing area because it's failure is inevitable.. so i don't think it needs to be overly thick, would just put a shed on there with the kids bikes and other shed stuff, really nothing with any degree of weight.

Anyway, Shoot me a PM if you can give me a rough number so i can decide if it's even worth doing.

Thaco
10-05-2014, 11:39 AM
oh i should mention too, i don't mind doing some of the work myself, i could clear the area beforehand, i could tear up the old blocks and wood, move the shed, that kind of stuff.

78si
10-05-2014, 12:52 PM
It will be tough to find a concrete company that isn't booked till freeze up. You will need to get a mini bobcat of some sort in there. Your condos pathway will get destroyed, lots of material needs to be moved in and out. I'm not sure if a concrete pump truck can pump that far. Wheel barrels and slaves would work.

Thaco
10-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 78si
It will be tough to find a concrete company that isn't booked till freeze up. You will need to get a mini bobcat of some sort in there. Your condos pathway will get destroyed, lots of material needs to be moved in and out. I'm not sure if a concrete pump truck can pump that far. Wheel barrels and slaves would work. yeah that's what I was afraid of...