PDA

View Full Version : Any other Spicy Hut Addicts here?

Maxt
10-05-2014, 11:39 AM
I just can't get enough of this place. first time I went I was scared for my guts as it's a hole in the wall kinda eatery.
My go to dishes are the Ginger beef, spicy peanut tofu, chicken rice and a San Miguel to chase it with.

BlueHaloGirl
10-06-2014, 09:41 AM
If you like ginger beef and Chinese in general I suggest Ginger Beef Bistro House.
The one on Country Hill Blvd is amazing. They are known for their ginger beef, peaking duck, handmade dumplings, steamed buns and thick noodles.

I to love the spice hut...great little hole in the wall place LOL

ExtraSlow
10-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Wait, are we talking about spicy hut, or spice hut? Very diffrent places.
I really like spicy hut in Bridgeland, although I wouldn't say I'm an addict.

msommers
10-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I've been curious about that hole in the wall on Edmonton for a long time! Definitely have to try this out.

Tik-Tok
10-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Wait, are we talking about spicy hut, or spice hut? Very diffrent places.
I really like spicy hut in Bridgeland, although I wouldn't say I'm an addict.

:werd:

The Spice Hut is a definite hole in the wall, and also put a hole in my underwear from the explosive diarrhea I experienced afterwards.

xnvy
10-06-2014, 10:39 AM
^Scrub. :rofl:

I've had it before. It was pretty good. The Spicy Hut, not The Spice Hut.

Unknown303
10-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Spicy Hut in Bridgeland is amazing. I have exclusively ordered takeout from there though, never dined in.

quick_scar
10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Now you have me craving food from there again. Been almost a year since I was last there.

jsn
10-06-2014, 11:56 AM
I love their peanut satay tofu dish:drool:. Order it every time I go.

bignerd
10-08-2014, 08:57 PM
MUST TRY THEIR CRISPY CHICKEN

Also, their Tom Yung Goong is very good as well if you like spicy... And we always order sizzling beef with cashew nuts too.

Have never really been disappointed with anything we have tried from the menu.

avishal26
10-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Dammit I thought this thread was about Spice Hut haha I went there the other day and my clothes still smell like spices.

Food was not bad at all though (at Spice Hut) and very cheap prices.

Have also been at Ginger Beef at Country Hills - good food for sure! make sure you have a reservation though... you know a chinese restaurant is good if it is packed with asian people :rofl:

mr2mike
10-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by avishal26

you know a chinese restaurant is good if it is packed with asian people :rofl:
Or you're in a predominantly Asian neighbourhood.

BigDL
10-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike

Or you're in a predominantly Asian neighbourhood.

Not in this case, the Chinese restaurant by Burger King is dead all the time and has been since it has been open.

max_boost
10-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Family friend owns it and they do really well. Well enough to be there for around 25 years now! :clap:

msommers
10-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Another hole in the wall is up Edmonton Trail called House of Kabob. Cheap and pretty good too!

BigDL
10-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Another hole in the wall is up Edmonton Trail called House of Kabob. Cheap and pretty good too!

Good to know, I seen it a few times as I ate a big fish and wondered if it was any good.

raceman6135
10-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by BigDL

Not in this case, the Chinese restaurant by Burger King is dead all the time and has been since it has been open.

Is that Imperial Dynasty, or something like that?

If so, my friend moved into Country Hills a few years ago, tried that restaurant, and told me it was utter crap, so I haven't even gone there. She loves Chinese food and for her to give it such a poor review was all I needed to stay away.

ExtraSlow
10-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Any decent chinese downtown that is on the west side? It's a long walk to chinatown.