PDA

View Full Version : 04 SRT4 Turbo into a 01 Neon R/T

TurboTex18
03-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey, I was wondering if a 04 srt4 turbo would work on my 01 sohc 2.0L neon. If so, what would i need to get everything running? Lmk, thx

QuasarCav
03-05-2004, 12:03 PM
I think the turbo is attached right on to the manifold. And I don;t think that manifold will bolt up to the 2.0

I could be wrong, You will need all the other stuff that makes up the turbo engine, fuel pump, injectors, ECU, sensors. and probably some other stuff.

speedracer
03-05-2004, 12:05 PM
A Crate 2.4L SRT4 Engine.

There isn't anything in common with the SRT4 with your engine generation .

Your better off buying one.

1badPT
03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
If you do go with a crate, howell automotive sells them. But I wouldn't just drop that engine into your car, I don't even know if it would fit. Plus you would do well to upgrade the suspension and braking system etc.

Yeah its better to just buy one by the time you pay for all the crap to squeeze that engine into your neon you could probably have a brand new one with a warranty to boot and have the better suspension / brakes / bolstered seats etc.

rice_eater
03-05-2004, 01:33 PM
or you could get a DOHC head and the manifold will bolt right up :dunno: come on the www.apexmodified.ca forums. It's a local (edmonton) store with lots of local guys on the forums. One of the guys already has a SRT setup on his first gen so you can at least use the turbo system if not the whole engine! I mean, you can put a 2.4L in there so why not THIS 2.4 with maybe some custom mounts :dunno:

also www.neons.org is the grand daddy of all neon sites and if you ask the same question on the forced induction forum you will have your answer in no time