PDA

View Full Version : Politics in youth sports..

ICEBERG
10-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Is there other parents out there that feel the same way as me? So tired of the BS that goes on in youth sports....Ability and hard work means $hit anymore!!! So aggravated today!! Worst is having to try to explain to your daughter why she didn't make the Tier 3 team and got bumped to Tier 5 while all her friends she played with last year are playing in Tier 3 This year....but Dad, I am better than some of the kids who made the Tier 3 team....what can you tell them? Sorry kid life just isn't fair....what else can you tell them! All depends of who you are and who you know!

just keep in mind that there are a lot of parents out there who think that thier child is a lot better athlete than they really are. I played pro soccer growing up so i know the game better than most of the coaches and i know what my kid is capable of. If she doesn't have what it takes then i back off and not push it. But my daughter played better than most these kids last year and scored more goals but because i did not click with the right crowed we got f@cked..

I talked to some parents who feel the same way as i do and wanted to know if anyone here going through the same thing?

Cheers,

Type_S1
10-07-2014, 05:10 PM
It's community sports, it's going to happen. The only way to avoid it is if your kid is an absolute rockstar and people cannot justify moving them down. If your kid is in tier 3 it's not like they are going pro anyways. It will be a good chance for them to make new friends!