PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the personal trainers at goodlife at the EauClair location?

cycosis
10-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Just looking to learn a more diverse workout and get one tailored to my goals by someone that potentially knows what they are doing (I don't).

There are a number of free weight exercises that I do not do as I don't know the proper technique and I'm not up for hurting myself.

Has anyone had good experience with any fo the trainers there? I have worked out there a few times and they all seem fairly built.

3nergiz3d
10-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
Just looking to learn a more diverse workout and get one tailored to my goals by someone that potentially knows what they are doing (I don't).

There are a number of free weight exercises that I do not do as I don't know the proper technique and I'm not up for hurting myself.

Has anyone had good experience with any fo the trainers there? I have worked out there a few times and they all seem fairly built.

I've never used them, but talk to them on a daily basis here or there. They seem to be pretty good at what they do. Pretty high turn-over rate at that location. What kind of exercises are you doing that require some assistance?

cycosis
10-11-2014, 01:19 PM
Learning proper form for dead lifts a bar bell squats. But more so an analysis of my physique and designing a program that would be suited to me.

sheik_yerbouti
10-11-2014, 01:33 PM
I'll advise you to do the following if you want to use the trainers. Be explicit about what you want to learn: Basic barbell exercises. You don't want to lean any loosey goosey "functional" bosu ball bullshit. You should be able to get it down in two sessions. The first one to go over the lifts, and the second a week later after you've practiced them on your own, just to touch things up. After this just video yourself review your forum on your own. Don't let them convince you that you need anything else.

Or, I'm sure that some people on beyond workout there and would willingly show you the lifts, I'm nowhere near downtown, but if I was I would should you.

As for program. Starting Strength (or stronglifts 5x5) at first just to build up the strength.

max_boost
10-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti
I'll advise you to do the following if you want to use the trainers. Be explicit about what you want to learn: Basic barbell exercises. You don't want to lean any loosey goosey "functional" bosu ball bullshit. You should be able to get it down in two sessions. The first one to go over the lifts, and the second a week later after you've practiced them on your own, just to touch things up. After this just video yourself review your forum on your own. Don't let them convince you that you need anything else.

Or, I'm sure that some people on beyond workout there and would willingly show you the lifts, I'm nowhere near downtown, but if I was I would should you.

As for program. Starting Strength (or stronglifts 5x5) at first just to build up the strength. :werd:

warcaster is a beyonder who trains other beyonders like flipstah, give him a shout.

ddduke
10-12-2014, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by sheik_yerbouti

As for program. Starting Strength (or stronglifts 5x5) at first just to build up the strength.

:werd:
PT love to teach people useless bitch workouts.

I'd also be pretty choosy on who I go with, half the trainers at any goodlife are fat and out of shape to begin with. Do you really want an out of shape trainer teaching you exercises? It's like a guy who's obsessed with first person shooter games teaching you how to be a sniper.

scboss
10-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Make sure that the trainer you hire is able to fix mobility issues and doesn't waste your time with BS. I've been in the industry for 4 1/2 years and I've seen some pretty bad stuff. If anyone gives you a program without asking your goals, taking measurements or doing a movement analysis run far far away. This is why I despise crossfit.