PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Ebay Blackbox G1WH Sport DV dash cam review!

Hallowed_point
10-16-2014, 12:16 PM
I'm extremely impressed with this Chinese dashcam (Blackbox G1WH Sport DV) that I picked up off fleabay recently. It cost me about $80 shipped including a 32 GB class 10 memory card.

Coles notes review:

-Automatically starts recording 1080 p quality the second you plug in the adaptor into your car's outlet. No messing around clicking random buttons and wondering. This is important.

-Great sound quality..picks up music and anything else very well for the money.

-Good night vision mode, plates are clearly visible.

-Smooth and easy play back from the device as it has an LCD screen.

-Lot's of options: g sensor, motion detector etc. Which can all be calibrated easily to your desired settings.

-Small and discrete. I have mine tucked in front of my rear view mirror. No visibility issues. Easy to route the power cord as well.

Pics to follow!

Hallowed_point
10-16-2014, 12:17 PM
It's about 4 inches in length as shown below.

blairtruck
10-16-2014, 01:49 PM
here is the review from dashcamtalk
https://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/

it was picked best value cam for 2014

Hallowed_point
10-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Ah, thank you blair..I'm new to the dash cam world. But this one is a grand slam for the money. Not much to bitch about for the low price factored in. Well, the Chinglish manual isn't the best but it's not even that bad.

Lot's of counterfeits out there apparently. I made sure to read feedback and not purchase just based on lowest price.

botox
10-16-2014, 02:14 PM
I have two of the G1W's and picked them up because of the good ratings and reviews. Good bang for your money and very easy to use and setup. I have one of them mounted with the rear view mirror mount so there is no suction cup that I've had fall off once in a while with my older cams.

sneek
10-20-2014, 02:01 PM
How does the G1WH look at night? Would you mind posting a sample video? Most of the videos I have seen from the G1W are unimpressive at night time. I am really wanting to pull the trigger on a dashcam but these chinese model names are super confusing!

Graham_A_M
10-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Which ebay store did you buy it from?

Asian_defender
10-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Which ebay store did you buy it from?

estore009 is the best guy to get it from on ebay

Hallowed_point
10-31-2014, 05:17 PM
win-win2012 was the ebay seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390934478379?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is confusing, their are a lot of copy cat lower quality versions of this camera. I will say that this one is awesome, I have no complaints. The night time quality is pretty good. It's not "great" but it's good enough to pick up plates and important stuff.

Graham_A_M
11-02-2014, 06:15 PM
^ Sweet, thanks, I'll check those two stores out.

xnvy
11-02-2014, 06:36 PM
How'd you do the wiring? Just like any other dash cam? I don't want to route the wires under the trim on the A-pillars, pretty sure that plastic will break if I so much as flick it. :(

Tik-Tok
11-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by xnvy
How'd you do the wiring? Just like any other dash cam? I don't want to route the wires under the trim on the A-pillars, pretty sure that plastic will break if I so much as flick it. :(

All (4) of the cars I've done, I've wired mine into the same power source as the interior (map) lights, as they typically have battery power, and they're pretty close to the windshield. (Note, this makes it run 24/7, so you will kill your battery if you don't drive much)

Dumbass17
11-02-2014, 06:44 PM
I have had this same cam for about 8 or so months and have no complaints at all. Great at night and not that big of distracting. I've just got it tucked in between my mirror and windshield

Hallowed_point
11-03-2014, 09:32 PM
No wiring needed. I mounted it above the mirror. Routed the cable through the sun visor, down the pillar plastic and underneath the floor mat. It's not hard wired. You plug it into the cigarette lighter outlet.

Dumbass17
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
No wiring needed. I mounted it above the mirror. Routed the cable through the sun visor, down the pillar plastic and underneath the floor mat. It's not hard wired. You plug it into the cigarette lighter outlet.
Whoa lol. You know you can tuck it between the headliner and windscreen so it doesn't look so horrible, right? :P

Hallowed_point
11-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

Whoa lol. You know you can tuck it between the headliner and windscreen so it doesn't look so horrible, right? :P meh..it looks fine to me once that visor is flipped up. Barely visible unless you look by the speaker. Most of the cable is tucked into the a pillar. What do you mean by windscreen? Windshield? As in hide it behind the dash? Seems like a lot of work!

Dumbass17
11-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
meh..it looks fine to me once that visor is flipped up. Barely visible unless you look by the speaker. Most of the cable is tucked into the a pillar. What do you mean by windscreen? Windshield? As in hide it behind the dash? Seems like a lot of work!

Yeah sorry, windscreen/windshield.
Didn't mean to be offensive, it's just really easy and takes like 5-10 minutes...well it did on my X5 anyways.

I ran mine from the rear view mirror, tucked in along the top of the headliner/windshield heading towards the passenger A-pillar where I kept it tucked and then just open the door and you can tuck it in the dash/pillar and run it along towherever it's powered :P

Hallowed_point
11-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
Yeah sorry, windscreen/windshield.
Didn't mean to be offensive, it's just really easy and takes like 5-10 minutes...well it did on my X5 anyways.

I ran mine from the rear view mirror, tucked in along the top of the headliner/windshield heading towards the passenger A-pillar where I kept it tucked and then just open the door and you can tuck it in the dash/pillar and run it along towherever it's powered :P

Ah ok..hmm I'm not seeing what's so different about what I did then. Not offended at all haha just confused. I ran mine from the windshield through the sun visor (passenger) and than down the a-pillar (tucked into the a-pillar until it got near the speaker) than down the door, under the floor mat and viola. Can you post some pictures?