PDA

View Full Version : like to install Garburator in kitchen sink

automachine
10-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Please recommend me a good installer for garburator in sink for condominium.
Also how much cost will be?
Thanks in advance.

Nufy
10-17-2014, 08:33 AM
I think a garburator requires its own electrical circuit.

You will need a plumber and an electrician.

spike98
10-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Nufy
I think a garburator requires its own electrical circuit.

You will need a plumber and an electrician.

Electrician, yes. You will need to ad a circut. Plumber...that depends. They are notoriously easy to install now adays with little or no piping modification.

The hardest part by far would be if you are using a counter mount air switch and have granite/quartz. I am a pretty handy guy but there is no way in hell i risked cracking the counter top.

mikestypes
10-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Does it need to be it's own circuit or can it be wired into the counter plugs?

suntan
10-17-2014, 11:12 AM
You don't need an air switch in Calgary. At least not when I did it (five years ago).

speedog
10-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Air switch is not required, it is just an attractive, albeit expensive, alternative to a wall switch.

Rocket1k78
10-17-2014, 11:25 AM
on a scale of 1-10 i would say its around a 5, its really simple once you understand what needs to be done. The hardest part will be re routing the pipes and tbh that's super easy. Some places should already have an electrical outlet underneath the sink so an electrician is not needed if you have this. If you were to pay a plumber you could be looking at $2-300 easy. Youtube should have a ton of videos so go there first and if for some reason you're not sure then I would call a pro. This is water were talking about so its not worth the damage that can happen.

redrocket
10-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Has to be own circuit, if you ever ran your garb and something with a decent draw on your counter plugs at the same time the breaker will trip

mikestypes
10-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by redrocket
Has to be own circuit, if you ever ran your garb and something with a decent draw on your counter plugs at the same time the breaker will trip

The way my counter is wired, there are 6 outlets on 6 15A circuits with each plug in an outlet wired to 2 separate circuits. There is slim chance I will be using the garb and a high load device at the same time. I was more concerned with it being a code requirement.