PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a review for Murrietta"s

big A
10-17-2014, 08:28 PM
We are looking for a formal dinner and dance to have after a wedding.
This will be happening in the spring of 2015.

The Groom and his Bride to be live out of town but their families live in Calgary, so that's why it's here.

They suggested Marriettas but a google search only comes up with Murriettas, so that must be what they mean.

The guys will be in formal Scottish wear and I honestly don't know what the girls will be in. There will be a party of eight.

The wedding is in Tuscany so any nice restaurant from there to downtown.

Thanks for the great ideas that I know are to follow:)

ExtraSlow
10-17-2014, 10:19 PM
marco?

The_Rural_Juror
10-18-2014, 05:31 AM
Polo

ExtraSlow
10-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Muriettas is great food. I have no idea what it would cost to rent it out for the dinner/dance thing, or if they even do that.

GenerationX
10-18-2014, 09:37 AM
Their food is pretty good! I'm pretty sure they do rent out their dining room, not sure about pricing though.

Davetronz
10-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Awesome place. Never had a bad meal or bad experience there.
Love the mussels and the lamb meatballs. Great wine selection at reasonable prices.
Really nice decor. If you can secure the inside "atrium" it's very nice atmosphere.
Clean, professional staff. Sometimes the band playing on weekend evenings can be hit or miss. Highly recommended venue though.

mr2mike
10-22-2014, 08:48 AM
I've been there on a Saturday night. All good, then this band started up playing. Couldn't talk to people at your own table over the music.
You'd think, slight, classical or jazz music... Nope full on reggae style all up in your grill. Think Lil Jon but turned down.

White people were getting up and dancing like white people.

So just make sure you're there for the right reasons and you won't get blind sided by this live music.

Food is great though and same with service.

OU812
10-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Iv'e been there before and it has been closed for private function. I have also been there for a xmas party where we had some room(s) at the far north end overlooking 8th ave.

BrknFngrs
10-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Another vote for great food and service

killramos
10-22-2014, 09:47 AM
The Tuna BLT was awesome. Haven't been there in years tho.

HiTempguy1
10-23-2014, 10:12 AM
One of the best dining experiences the girlfriend and I have ever had. And they had some amazing wine that I never got the name of (I am not a wine drinker by any stretch of the imagination, but I liked whatever they served me haha).

big A
10-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys