PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to drive on a track day

k1l4m
10-21-2014, 08:41 PM
QHeKOEN_0sM

:rofl: :nut:

Canmorite
10-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Surprised he didn't smash into anyone else. Hope he got black flagged and kicked off the track.

killramos
10-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite
Surprised he didn't smash into anyone else. Hope he got black flagged and kicked off the track.
\
He'd probably just wave at the Marshall :rofl:

k1l4m
10-22-2014, 09:19 AM

He crashed into a McLaren later in the day according to this: http://www.carthrottle.com/this-nissan-gtr-owners-dangerously-obnoxious-driving-will-put-you-off-track-days-for-life/

Tik-Tok
10-22-2014, 09:21 AM

Skip to the end, he caused an accident that crashed a Maclaren, and the event organizer let him keep driving, but he went home instead.

Shitty event holder.

buh_buh
10-22-2014, 11:54 AM
reminds me of this guy

O4HSpx3aBq8

rage2
10-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Everyone is just jealous that the GTR is so easy to destroy all cars on the track.

I'd say that McLaren crash thing is BS, I'm sure there'd be pictures of it if it really happened.

Tik-Tok
10-22-2014, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I'd say that McLaren crash thing is BS, I'm sure there'd be pictures of it if it really happened.

From this posted link

Profile pictureAlex CantóR0ck3t

Read the description box! “Someone claiming to be the owner of the smashed up maclaren sent me a message to ask me to remove the video or atleast remove the remarks. I doubt it really is him as I wouldn’t be so nice after a kn*b crash into me. That is until he then sent me a picture of the car. The video will shortly be set to private but if he or anyone else has another word to say about this GTR I will put it straight back up. For everyone else, share it while you still can.”

and maybe because of this...

Profile pictureFtypeAlex Cantó

I think the McLaren driver wants to commit insurance fraud by saying he wasn’t on a racetrack, that’s why it’s taken down. I haven’t seen the video or something so don’t quote me on it.

BavarianBeast
10-22-2014, 12:43 PM
We should have a beyond track day at castrol next year.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-22-2014, 01:06 PM
The owner of the Mclaren was on the GTR forums apparently after the accident.

I love the annotations lol

rage2
10-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Fucker, made me google the GTR forum link.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/304793-r35-bedford-parody.html

Fun read haha.

The incident occured when the Mclaren gave room and signalled for the GTR to pass, and then turned into him as he was passing. To avoid major damage the GTR saw him coming early and turned onto the grass, averting any further damage. The steward even confirmed it was the mclaren drivers fault and apologised. We left the track as it started to rain and there was a couple of RWD 600+hp cars in the convoy with us that were using semi slicks. Waiting for more rain wouldn't be a bright idea as they would not fair greatly in a drive back with heavy rain.

The track day was one of the worst I have attended with regards to other driver skills, and the Mclaren had already been off that morning!! He went straight over the grass, and if there was a video of him around the track it wouldn't be pretty at all.

rage2
10-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Well it's definitely not insurance fraud. The McLaren owner seems to be filthy rich, having McLaren transport his car there and working with their engineers to tune the car lol.

He wanted the video removed because it was mean to the GTR owner.

Good evening all,

I am the owner and driver of the McLaren.

First of all I would like to apologise for coming here uninvited, I have no intentions of owning a GTR as I lack the required space to house a Nissan GTR. It is a lovely car with great performance, engineered with real passion. You should all be so lucky.

I am typing this at the table as my starter is getting colder by the minute so please excuse any unexpected typing errors.

I have just landed from a very long and cramped journey. I am completely exhausted and I was planning to murder some prawns.

The last thing I expected to get was a message about the pistonheads forum and a trackday video of someone who unfortunately wasn't provided with the necessary instruction to safely navigate an otherwise beautiful trackday at Bedford Autodrome.

I choose to respond here as the user: "R4LLY" appears to have the ability to have a direct dialogue with the driver in question and I would kindly ask that he pass on the following at the earliest opportunity possible.

The personal attacks on the driver depicted in the video is wholely unnecessary. They type of comments made in the video only serve to further deter the driver from any learning possibilities, learning how a trackday works, training his knowledge car dynamics and perhaps you can all use a small improvement in personal etiquette? Especially after he crashed into someone's pride and joy of which the owner has sacrificed on so much for so many years to be proud to call his. All because he didn't understand the rules and nobody, not even you, had the care to explain it to him.

I do very much wish I had a wealthy father to provide me with the joys I long for but sadly he passed away in an unfortunate accident while I was still at school, I have yet to fully get over it and to bring irony to a new level, I use performance driving to help me cope. As you admit to it, I am not an uncommon sight on a trackday, trackday organisers see me so much they sometimes check to see if I attend more than they do, and for some TDOs, I easily do match them from time to time. So I know what I'm doing. Any attempts to pass the blame onto me will be fruitless, not least due to the number of witnesses, the damage location on each car, in a left hander hairpin before one of the longest the back straight in the country, the GTR driver and your desperation to cover up what happened by way of intimidation. No matter how you try to defend him, a car following clear rules on a MSV trackday should ever in a million years find itself out braking another car into a corner.

The reason my car arrived in a transporter is because it had just spent many months at McLaren Automotive HQ in Woking being fitted with upgrades from the 650s program. The car was being tested by McLaren personnel in the morning while I was giving a helping hand to somebody who had not done a trackday. I am aware that it had been driven into grass, the driver at the time was Charlie Hollings, a full time instructor at the Silverstone racing school, McLaren had hired him for the day as our Blanpain GT3 driver Tim Mullen was unavailable.

Charlie explained to me that a 63 Merc had driven up the inside of the car in the second corner out of the pits, the long right hander. According to him, he drove it onto the grass as an emergency evasion procedure. The engineer Steve also concurred. Now I will ignore the part where you admit to being in control of a 63 Merc on the day and that I can only recollect one being present, as I recall, the one I saw was white.

I will also ignore the fact that while getting a few passenger laps, we were continuously held up by a white 911 which externally appeared to be a GT2RS, corner after corner, lap after lap because the driver of the white 911 simply deployed power down the straights.

Due to the complete lack of elevation and camber, Bedford is very welcoming to novices wanting to try out a trackday in a more energetic environment and as such your friend's behaviour in such a powerful GTR was unsuitable. Can I recommend an RMA day where you can then be legally allowed to overtake on both sides, or getting your ARDS and therefore be allowed in on test days. Material on gaining an ARDS is readily available on the MSV website.

If you are wondering why nobody voiced their safety concerns at the marshals, they did, the manager on the day was put under enormous stress as well as managing a trackday on the SEN circuit, it is my believe that he also had to look after the "How Fast" event on the West circuit, hence we all did SEN instead of the full GT layout. As only the duty manager on the day can give penalties and he wasn't available, none were given. Please do not arrogantly come to the conclusion that you lot did nothing wrong.

Perhaps if the staff were telling the driver he had done nothing wrong will only serve as evidence to the level of abuse and intimidation you all represented.

While you make comments anywhere publicly please bare in mind that there are enough witnesses and for the time being, publicly available evidence plus a little secret to laugh him out of court. I have chosen not to do so out of kindness despite the way he and you both behaved, but now that I am aware of the situation, lying left right and centre won't gain you or your friend any advantage.

I will now go and try to convince the owner of the video of my displeasure of it, whether he removes it or not isn't up to me. I have no doubt the owner of the video will be alerted to this post and monitor it for a response by both the driver and you. Perhaps the driver of the GTR can see it as the world trying to help him in a very big urgent way, sadly both he and you are currently too deaf to listen.

However it is my hope that both the driver recognise that there is some kindness left in this world. Looking at the number of views the video has gained, your friend will now be very recognisable should he manage to make it to a trackday at all. He has been told by the public, and since he's intelligent and courageous enough to defend our freedom from terrorist as you say he is, he ought to be brave enough to recognise his faults and therefore begin to make amends. Until both you and the driver, with full knowledge of what went on, and currently a video to remind the both of you, recognize his and your wrongdoing, you ought to steer well clear from any tracks.

I would imagine as demonstrated, both you nor he has the self control to not be super agressive where ever possible, which maybe a good way of dealing with the taliban, but not with someone on a trackday, someone anywhere, so I suggest you both give it at least a month.

If and When you are ready to be civilized, come make a quick apology, we can forget about it, we can have a chat about cars and exchange stories over a kebab or two but I think I'll just have a Pepsi.

ercchry
10-22-2014, 02:19 PM
is it just me... or does this describe every porsche ever, every time i got held up at the track it was always a friggin 911

I will also ignore the fact that while getting a few passenger laps, we were continuously held up by a white 911 which externally appeared to be a GT2RS, corner after corner, lap after lap because the driver of the white 911 simply deployed power down the straights.

rage2
10-22-2014, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
is it just me... or does this describe every porsche ever, every time i got held up at the track it was always a friggin 911
Yup, at least the slow Porsche drivers. I was invited to a PCNA track day, it happened so often I left after an hour out of frustration.

clem24
10-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
We should have a beyond track day at castrol next year.

IN! :D