PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Ford ST Owners Club!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

pheoxs
04-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I have a question for you guys with Fiestas. When I was in one, shifts into gears 2,4, and 6 (anything that sent your arm towards the rear of the car) rammed my elbow into the center console. It was completely unavoidable, and would have made the vehicle literally undriveable for me. Exact same thing for my dad, and neither of us are big/tall guys. At the car show I saw at least 2 other people sit in the car and experience the same thing, then laugh and get out. Do you just drive around with the center console lid removed and no arm support or something? The long throws probably didn't help but I couldn't believe it was designed like that. But maybe I'm missing something so I wanted to ask here.

I've never hit my elbow shifting before. Do you maybe have the seat leaned way back gangster style so your shoulders are slouched really low? Only thing I could think of

pheoxs
08-28-2017, 10:36 AM
My car seems to be making less power than it used it. Checked all the intercooler hose clamps, deleted the sound symposer, cleaned the intake filter yet again and still no change. I'm hitting my 23 PSI target but it seems to build later / fall off earlier than it used it. The accessport's estimated torque is down like 50ft-lbs from what it used to be and doesn't spin going into boost anymore.

Not sure where else to look at and hard in a condo that won't let me do much work on my car. -_-

eglove
08-28-2017, 11:20 AM
My car seems to be making less power than it used it. Checked all the intercooler hose clamps, deleted the sound symposer, cleaned the intake filter yet again and still no change. I'm hitting my 23 PSI target but it seems to build later / fall off earlier than it used it. The accessport's estimated torque is down like 50ft-lbs from what it used to be and doesn't spin going into boost anymore.

Not sure where else to look at and hard in a condo that won't let me do much work on my car. -_-

Bad gas? No other hesitation?

Sugarphreak
08-28-2017, 01:28 PM

pheoxs
08-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Bad gas? No other hesitation?

No hesitation that I notice, just feels slower. Before my traction control used to always be kicking in and crazy torque steer in 1st and 2nd. Now it feels really tame and never chirps the tires. Idle is still decent (800 rpm) and still getting 6.4L/100km on the highway so it seems to be running fine.

I am thinking bad gas too... are you using Shell 91?

You could try a reset as well... disconnect the battery for an evening, then hook it up the next day

Maybe I'll try that. I think esso or petro 91, gonna go out of my way to find some Husky 94 this tank and Shell 91 next time and see if its any difference. Its running the 91 OTS Cobb tune at the moment.

I'll try the battery reset as well maybe tomorrow. Would the battery reset be different than the ECU reset on the accessport?

never
08-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Thinking this may be the best place to find out...anyone know this car/anything about it? Maybe the owner is on here?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2014-ford-fiesta-st/1283351373?siteLocale=en_CA

pheoxs
08-28-2017, 03:42 PM
As a backup would anyone here be able to help me do a boost leak test (would pay for all the parts plus bring beer) or know if a shop that can have a look?

Unfortunate part of condo nannys crying wolf for popping a hood.

eglove
08-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Ever since I got my fiST I've always gone shell 91. Had a couple bad batches with my foST with other brands. Had 0 issues since. Even going big turbo on my fiST, with shell - no issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking this may be the best place to find out...anyone know this car/anything about it? Maybe the owner is on here?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2014-ford-fiesta-st/1283351373?siteLocale=en_CA

That's Stephen, I don't think he is on beyond.

never
08-28-2017, 03:48 PM
That's Stephen, I don't think he is on beyond.

Thanks, I have been contemplating getting a cheaper fun commuter so I have been looking at FiSTs. Any thoughts on this one? General thoughts on a used modded one?

eglove
08-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Thanks, I have been contemplating getting a cheaper fun commuter so I have been looking at FiSTs. Any thoughts on this one? General thoughts on a used modded one?

He's a friend of a friend. He took really good care of it. It was in Driven this year. I believe he's selling as he just needs something a bit better

Sugarphreak
08-28-2017, 05:07 PM

never
08-29-2017, 10:49 PM
I am thinking about selling mine actually, sort of on the fence about it though. I really enjoy the car, but I am barely driving it and it is hard to ignore the extra insurance and parking costs of a second vehicle.

~22K on the odo, only mods are Koni-Yellow shocks in the rear, a curt hitch (for bikes), and an FS Werks exhaust. OE tires in good shape, plus 8 matching Enkei Rims + RE-71R Tires (one set almost new, the other is getting close to being done). Even has had Synthetic oil changes 3 times a year. It also wouldn't need an OPI because it is less than 4 years old (or at least that is how it worked when I brought it to BC, part of some sort of deal between the provinces). I'd be looking for 19K.

What's your lowest price????

;)

mzdspd
08-30-2017, 08:45 AM
No hesitation that I notice, just feels slower. Before my traction control used to always be kicking in and crazy torque steer in 1st and 2nd. Now it feels really tame and never chirps the tires. Idle is still decent (800 rpm) and still getting 6.4L/100km on the highway so it seems to be running fine.

Maybe I'll try that. I think esso or petro 91, gonna go out of my way to find some Husky 94 this tank and Shell 91 next time and see if its any difference. Its running the 91 OTS Cobb tune at the moment.

I'll try the battery reset as well maybe tomorrow. Would the battery reset be different than the ECU reset on the accessport?

Are you monitoring Knock Retard (KR)? That is the best way to determine if gas is your issue.

Have you pulled any logs with the AP? Should be fairly easy to tell if you are having a boost leak or if you are experiencing KR with the log.

eglove
08-30-2017, 09:50 AM
What's your lowest price????

;)

I'd sell my big turbo fiesta for 25k ;)

Sugarphreak
08-30-2017, 10:09 AM

pheoxs
08-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Are you monitoring Knock Retard (KR)? That is the best way to determine if gas is your issue.

Have you pulled any logs with the AP? Should be fairly easy to tell if you are having a boost leak or if you are experiencing KR with the log.

I haven't been but I'll set that up and start watching it, thanks.

never
09-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I'd sell my big turbo fiesta for 25k ;)

But is the turbo really that big??

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I don't know... I thought 19K with ~3500$ in extra tires/rims was already decent deal, lol.

I do kind of feel like I need to get another 2 or 3 years out of it before I sell if I want to get my value from it. I also have no other way to transport my bikes around, my Q5 doesn't have a hitch on it at the moment. It is also too much fun, and I am a bit worried I will get bored and impulse-buy something a lot more expensive to replace it. The only reason I am even thinking about selling is because my wife hates driving manual, otherwise it is way better on fuel than my Audi and easier to get around the city with. If somebody came up and dropped an offer on it, I'd have to think about it... well... not really, more like I'd tell my wife and she would lecture me on why we should sell it until I finally cave in, haha.

On a bit of a side note, I kind of think the prices for them will level off pretty quick with them being pulled out of production in the US/Canada. They are still the car to have for H-Stock in Autocross, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. So any of the non-sun roof versions will be scooped up off the market just for that over the next 3~5 years.

I was thinking it'd be cheaper because that's a lot of wheel/tires to deal with! ;) But seriously, price is inline with what is out there.

eglove
09-06-2017, 01:50 PM
But is the turbo really that big??

"Big"ger Gt2554r

Sugarphreak
09-06-2017, 01:50 PM

never
09-06-2017, 01:59 PM
"Big"ger Gt2554r

Haha...just giving you a hard time!

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, I should really try to flip the tire and wheels separately and then just market it as gently lady driven!

I have an event coming up the weekend after next, and possibly another in mid-October. I might toss it up for sale after that, but pretty wishy-washy on it right now. I want to buy a place in Vancouver shortly and getting two parking spots, even one just to rent, is a huge issue.

I floated the idea of selling it with a few people at my AutoX events locally and it peaked some interest. It has been catching some attention, I've been utterly dominating my class this year, and even won the Canadian Nationals against last years H-Stock champion (also a Fiesta ST, but slightly different setup). The announcers keep calling it a cheater car whenever I run my set, haha. So if somebody makes an offer at an event, then I might just take the money and bus it home, lol.

It also means I can start working on wearing down the wife so I can trade our Q5 for an RS3!

Sounds like you'll be disappointed if you sell it.

Sugarphreak
09-06-2017, 02:05 PM

eglove
09-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Don't sell it Phreak, keep it

Sugarphreak
09-07-2017, 10:08 AM

Disoblige
09-07-2017, 10:16 AM
I wonder if there is any Ford dealers in Western Canada that still have new Fiesta STs on their lot? Probably not I'm guessing eh?
I started wondering since there are still 2016 ATS-V's available for deep discounts. But way different price point and audience.

never
09-07-2017, 10:19 AM
I wonder if there is any Ford dealers in Western Canada that still have new Fiesta STs on their lot? Probably not I'm guessing eh?

You can still build them on the website...can they still be ordered?

Disoblige
09-07-2017, 10:26 AM
You can still build them on the website...can they still be ordered?
I think not, as the other thread mentioned orders were being cancelled.
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/404425-RIP-Ford-Fiesta-(For-North-America)

I wouldn't mind one in white.

never
09-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Woodridge just told me they can order 18s. And apparently have some 17s in stock...even though they don't have them on their website.

Disoblige
09-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Woodridge just told me they can order 18s. And apparently have some 17s in stock...even though they don't have them on their website.
2018 Fiesta, but not ST right? Since that would be the new generation that isn't coming to North America.
If they have 2017 Fiesta ST's in stock, that would be interesting.

never
09-07-2017, 12:08 PM
He told me they could order 2018 STs after he checked with his sales manager. Then he mentioned they have some 2017s in stock. This was over messages but I was clear about the ST part.

I'll let you know when I get some feedback on the 2017 ST stock.

never
09-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Heard from another person there that they can order 2018 Fiesta STs specifically. They are out of current stock but have a grey ST coming in December.

Disoblige
09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Maybe the Fiesta is only dropped in the US, and not Canada?
If we're getting 2018 Fiesta ST's, that means we get the new 1.5 L 3 cylinder engine for even more economic savings!

never
09-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Maybe the Fiesta is only dropped in the US, and not Canada?
If we're getting 2018 Fiesta ST's, that means we get the new 1.5 L 3 cylinder engine for even more economic savings!

I don't know for sure...it could be the type of thing where they say they can do it but when you actually put in the order, it gets rejected. Hopefully not!

Sugarphreak
09-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Vagabond142
09-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Might as well officially drop my "Hi, I drank the kool-aid too!" post :D

Here's my lil beast after her first official bath (so much particulate in the forest fire smoke, yeesh!)

Oh, and I found out something pretty nice, talking about kool-aid... the Husky by where I work (Dalhousie Station) has the 94 Octane premium on tap, and my lil FiST slurped that up happily and still came in under $50 for a fill :)

JDC™
09-25-2017, 08:06 AM
For any of your Focus ST owners wanting to stand out, I am selling the Advan wheels off of my Focus RS. Open to any offers, if you are interested. Check out the listing in the market place: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/405056-FS-ADVAN-RSII-Wheels-(18x8)

PM me here if you want to discuss.

Shlade
09-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Incase anybody is in the market for a seriously done up Fiesta this deal is awesome
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2014-ford-fiesta-st-hatchback/1298770553?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

LUV2REV
10-01-2017, 12:01 PM
I recently sold my 2015 Fiesta ST as I needed a bigger daily driver, great car that I will miss. I never installed the Cobb rear motor mount that I purchased from Tunerworks so have a brand new boxed unit that I'm selling for $200 if anyone is interested.

Ben
10-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Anyone have some 18x8 5x108 wheels besides those beauties JDC is selling? Picked up some ST wheels bought winters for them and got them to the shop and they're fucking bent.

03ozwhip
10-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Anyone have some 18x8 5x108 wheels besides those beauties JDC is selling? Picked up some ST wheels bought winters for them and got them to the shop and they're fucking bent.

better off taking them to kwicksilver wheels repair it'll probably cost less.

Ben
10-08-2017, 01:35 AM
better off taking them to kwicksilver wheels repair it'll probably cost less.

Sent off a request for quote the other day to Calgary Tire Shop and Andresj at AWRS, havent heard anything will also contact kwicksilver, hadnt heard of them so thanks for the tip! If its around 100 a wheel I can swallow that. They're barely bent, cant see it with the naked eye but you can on the balancer, but enough to notice on the highway and thats all I drive, and I dont need issues with my awd drive train, uneven tire wear and such that bent wheels cause.

03ozwhip
10-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Sent off a request for quote the other day to Calgary Tire Shop and Andresj at AWRS, havent heard anything will also contact kwicksilver, hadnt heard of them so thanks for the tip! If its around 100 a wheel I can swallow that. They're barely bent, cant see it with the naked eye but you can on the balancer, but enough to notice on the highway and thats all I drive, and I dont need issues with my awd drive train, uneven tire wear and such that bent wheels cause.
being that it's the long weekend I'm not 100% sure if how will respond but he usually responds pretty quick
good luck.

Disoblige
12-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Anyone interested in an ST/RS/Beyond meet today somewhere?

Beautiful weather.

eglove
12-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Anyone interested in an ST/RS/Beyond meet today somewhere?

Beautiful weather.

I should really switch back to the summer wheels and all seasons haha

Hallowed_point
12-09-2017, 02:28 PM
I liked the Fist quite a bit, but the headroom is terrible with a sun roof. Too bad.

pheoxs
12-13-2017, 08:23 PM
Well car seems to have a bit of a boost leak for sure now, threw a air fuel code and its not quite peaking boost as early/late as it used to.

Any recommendations on a shop to take a modded car? Can't look into it in my condo parkade.

Sugarphreak
12-13-2017, 11:45 PM

pheoxs
12-14-2017, 07:36 AM
^^ Could just be a loose pipe clamp, might be worth just quickly checking the tightness of the clamps with a screw driver

I had a friend that was flogging a band new Escape and it popped the pipe off, pretty quick to fix

I've checked all the clamps that I can, at this point I'd rather just take it in somewhere, just not sure where would be good. Any recommendations?

eglove
12-14-2017, 11:39 AM
I've checked all the clamps that I can, at this point I'd rather just take it in somewhere, just not sure where would be good. Any recommendations?

Paul at garagebox always looked after my focus ST when I had it, since I got my fiesta ST and I work at a dealership I just do everything myself now since I have hoist access

pheoxs
12-14-2017, 12:14 PM
Paul at garagebox always looked after my focus ST when I had it, since I got my fiesta ST and I work at a dealership I just do everything myself now since I have hoist access

What dealership. Can I get yeah to look at it? lol. Otherwise I'll hit up Garagebox, thanks for the suggestion.

eglove
12-14-2017, 01:19 PM
What dealership. Can I get yeah to look at it? lol. Otherwise I'll hit up Garagebox, thanks for the suggestion.

The only thing is I'm not a tech...haha so can't really use the hoist for other people

pheoxs
12-14-2017, 04:50 PM
The only thing is I'm not a tech...haha so can't really use the hoist for other people

Lame, I'll give garagebox a try, theyre only 5 min down the road which is great

eglove
12-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Lame, I'll give garagebox a try, theyre only 5 min down the road which is great

Paul is great. He’ll take care of you

Vagabond142
12-23-2017, 02:30 PM
My lil FiST is loving this weather. It's a bit chuggy the first minute after a cold start, then the revs drop slightly, it smooths out, and just gotta wait for those three to four little water temp bars :D Only thing I've noticed is that if there's even a little bit of ice on a wheel, it'll shake the steering wheel a little. I know it was a twitchy car when I bought it, but damn :thumbsup: Just broke through 2500 KM's, loving the hell out of it! :D

On a related note to above posts, I am smelling a little bit of an oil smell the first couple of seconds I get it into the boost range for the first time after starting it cold, but after that it's fine... I'm assuming just burning a little oil or seals cold and letting a touch seep through? Or something I should be concerned with?

eglove
01-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Ford Edge ST unveiled

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/edge/2019/2019-ford-edge-st-first-look-review/

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2018/01/2019-Ford-Edge-ST-front-three-quarter-1.jpg

Darkane
01-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Ford Edge ST unveiled

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/edge/2019/2019-ford-edge-st-first-look-review/

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2018/01/2019-Ford-Edge-ST-front-three-quarter-1.jpg

Yeah not sure how I feel. The R&D for a Ford Performance vehicle of this price tag is low.

Engine tune and some suspension. I suppose the last two STs didn’t have bespoke or different engines either.

ExtraSlow
01-11-2018, 04:09 PM
People will like this, and they will buy it in sufficient numbers to bring profit and presitge to the brand, but man, I just don't see the point. Oh well, I'm not the market.

Sugarphreak
05-02-2018, 11:20 PM

eglove
05-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Just put some insurance on my ST for the summer, first rip around in it is always so much fun. I keep forgetting just how good the Fiesta ST is to drive!

Would be a good daily for Van

pheoxs
11-15-2019, 11:12 AM
Well car seems to have a bit of a boost leak for sure now, threw a air fuel code and its not quite peaking boost as early/late as it used to.

Any recommendations on a shop to take a modded car? Can't look into it in my condo parkade.

So after nearly two years of being annoyed at this stupid thing ... I feel really stupid.

So I originally took it to a dealer, they said it was because the car was modded and were no help at all.

Took it to another mechanic and they said it was probably a dirty maf and they cleaned it, didn't really make a difference.

I took it to autoworks and they did a smoke test on the intake and exhaust and said they couldn't find any leaks. Also despite my car always throwing a code, the day before I took it in the codes cleared so they couldn't read anything to help. (Life always seems to work like that)

Parked the car for a while out of frustration and then started driving it again recently. Decided to try a few random things to feel better. I replaced the spark plugs with new ones that are a step colder as well as I installed a sound symposer delete to blockoff the boost from going into that and magically it's running a million times better.

Not sure which of the two it was, if the plugs were fouled or if the leak was into the symposer and into the cabin which is why I could never track it down. Either way, the car is finally running amazing again and so much more fun to put around town in. Makes me remember why I loved this thing originally.

According to the cobb virtual dyno thingy there's a difference of 80ft-lbs from when it was running like crap to now ... totally useless number but still crazy how big of difference in braps.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-15-2019, 11:25 AM
FiST still on my radar for a replacement cheap fun car for my Corvette. Prices have been pretty stable in the low to mid teens it seems like.

eglove
11-15-2019, 11:44 AM
According to the cobb virtual dyno thingy there's a difference of 80ft-lbs from when it was running like crap to now ... totally useless number but still crazy how big of difference in braps.

Probably a combination of both things, one step colder made a huge difference on my old fiST and I did the symposer delete asap, then into a turbosmart bov. So I never ecountered anything as the symposer almost never existed. You shoulda posted up on here looking for a symposer I have the mountune one from when I switched to the turbosmart/mrx turbo.

I still miss my fiST even after getting the RS.

pheoxs
11-15-2019, 12:01 PM
Probably a combination of both things, one step colder made a huge difference on my old fiST and I did the symposer delete asap, then into a turbosmart bov. So I never ecountered anything as the symposer almost never existed. You shoulda posted up on here looking for a symposer I have the mountune one from when I switched to the turbosmart/mrx turbo.

I still miss my fiST even after getting the RS.

Ah dang, I just bought the mountune one. Fucking 40$ for shipping too, oh well.

Mountune also has a turbo upgrade that looks pretty nice, 280whp in a fiesta. Although from the dyno it looks like it spools a lot slower and I kind like the ridiculiousness of hitting that rush of power at 2k rpm

FiST still on my radar for a replacement cheap fun car for my Corvette. Prices have been pretty stable in the low to mid teens it seems like.

gimme a shout if your near bridgeland and wanna take mine for a rip if its nice out.

eglove
11-15-2019, 12:06 PM

Mountune also has a turbo upgrade that looks pretty nice, 280whp in a fiesta. Although from the dyno it looks like it spools a lot slower and I kind like the ridiculiousness of hitting that rush of power at 2k rpm

gimme a shout if your near bridgeland and wanna take mine for a rip if its nice out.

I still have access to my old fiesta. You can drive a 300whp one and see if you wanna do a big turbo haha It's a riot. I'd say it's still quicker than a stage 2 foRS

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-15-2019, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the offer, I’ve driven a couple 2-3 years ago. Even had a factory order for one in 2017 that didn’t show up.

94boosted
11-30-2022, 05:28 PM
Bump.

Got a very clean 2015 Fiesta ST with some Beyond.ca pedigree for sale. PM me if you'd like more info :)

ThePenIsMightier
12-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Bump.

Got a very clean 2015 Fiesta ST with some Beyond.ca pedigree for sale. PM me if you'd like more info :)

Didn't bjstare say he was looking?
Sorry if I'm wrong about that.
The emoji avatars get me mixed up.

bjstare
12-01-2022, 02:13 PM
You remember correctly. I actually put a deposit on a different one (that was a great deal) the day before 94boosted decided to sell haha, so this didn't work out.

I've since had to put a new clutch it, so my great deal turned out to be less great. Oh well, it's just money amirite?

While I'm here, if anyone has any mods/parts they have kicking around, I might be interested. Looking for a sound symposer delete and throttle pedal spacer.

cet
12-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Not a mod, but if you are interested in a Rhino Rack roof rack for it I have one. Bought it and then sold the car a couple months later so I didn't ever use it.

birdman86
01-19-2023, 08:03 PM
Late to the club but picked up this little lady the other day....

I haven't had a car in years, always trucks/suv's, so starting from zero on tire choice... what brands/models are good for Alberta summers? Got some 16x8 wheels on order and was looking at 225/50 Indy 500's...good/bad choice for around here? Street/highway driving, some gravel but not much, and might hit up an autox event if I get motivated

https://i.imgur.com/mBtdzPX.jpg

ShermanEF9
01-19-2023, 08:06 PM
I had a set of the indy 500s on my mr2 for a bit. They were pretty decent for spirited driving.

We took a different approach and went Mommy Missile. 21' Explorer ST. This is winter mode.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-19-2023, 08:07 PM
Indy 500s are great street tires but they won’t hold up well to competitive use or track use.

birdman86
01-20-2023, 11:05 AM
What about Extreme Contact DWS06+? I've got a separate set of hakkapellita's so feels like all season on the summer wheels is a waste but they've got better reviews than the Indy's as far as I can tell

Edit: or maybe the EC Sports are the way to go

riander5
01-20-2023, 11:22 AM
Do you animals still own these things?

How are they holding up several years later?

SRT4 Neon 2.0?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-20-2023, 11:25 AM
What about Extreme Contact DWS06+? I've got a separate set of hakkapellita's so feels like all season on the summer wheels is a waste but they've got better reviews than the Indy's as far as I can tell

Edit: or maybe the EC Sports are the way to go

Honestly I like Indy500, just don’t expect to be winning auto x events with them. I would stick to a dedicated summer and a dedicated winter personally.

gpomp
01-20-2023, 11:32 AM
Late to the club but picked up this little lady the other day....

I haven't had a car in years, always trucks/suv's, so starting from zero on tire choice... what brands/models are good for Alberta summers? Got some 16x8 wheels on order and was looking at 225/50 Indy 500's...good/bad choice for around here? Street/highway driving, some gravel but not much, and might hit up an autox event if I get motivated

https://i.imgur.com/mBtdzPX.jpg

I had the Indy 500 on both my Fiesta ST and GTI. Don't like the lack of steering feel but the grip is okay. I prefer the feel of a more premium tire like the 4S or even AS4. The biggest problem with the FiST is finding a good tire in the proper size.

Hallowed_point
01-20-2023, 11:37 AM
Indy 500's are a pretty decent daily driver tire. Good in the rain too iirc.

I'd prefer the Nitto Motivo over that one though.

ThePenIsMightier
01-20-2023, 07:42 PM
Honestly I like Indy500, just don’t expect to be winning auto x events with them. I would stick to a dedicated summer and a dedicated winter personally.

Dedicated summer + dedicated winter makes me moist!
#SlugTrail

bjstare
01-20-2023, 08:06 PM
A/S4 is a pretty solid choice. It’s my go-to; excellent for stretching into the shoulder seasons, with not a ton of sacrifice for a DD (unless you drive like a real asshole… which, to be fair, is hard not to do in a fist).

birdman86
01-22-2023, 12:15 PM
Indy 500's are a pretty decent daily driver tire. Good in the rain too iirc.

I'd prefer the Nitto Motivo over that one though.

Motivo's not available in 16" unfortunately

At this point I'm between the Indy's and SC2's but nowhere has them in stock online. Gonna check kaltire and canadian tire tomorrow, if those fall through maybe I'll try NeoGen's or something.

reiRei
01-23-2023, 10:32 AM
I run the Indy 500s on the drag strip and managed to get a mid 13 (13.6) on them. They’re a decent everyday tire and I really like them, good rain performance as well. I’m hoping to get the car out to AutoX this year and see how they’ll do