PDA

View Full Version : Urban X FINALLY has a website!

tirebob
10-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey all,

So we finally have entered the 21st century and have had a website done for our company that is more than our phone numbers on a page... Haha!

While it is still a work in progress and will be made better as time goes on, it is leaps and bounds ahead of anything we have had before. It isn't a sales website with pricing etc, but it does have quote request availability that you can direct to the specific Urban X store of your choice.

It also has a fairly comprehensive wheel studio feature where you can try many of the wheels we carry on your car to get a bit better idea of what they might look like. It isn't everything we carry but the list is being expanded upon as time goes on. There is also an original equipment tire size search feature that is very accurate. It is only a guide however and you should always confirm how your car is equipped by reading the size off your actual tires before ever ordering any products.

If you play around on the page you will also notice a feature that allows you to access any current manufacturer product rebates in one place rather than having to search them out online which is nice.

Please check it out and give us a bit of feedback. I know it isn't perfect as we do not have the multi-million dollar budget of some of the big internet players, but this will give our local market some effective tools they can use in helping determine what options are available to them.

http://www.urbanexp.ca/

Thanks Beyond!

lilmira
10-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Quite the improvement indeed lol :clap:

A790
10-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Consider making the logo/shopping car/account text easier to see against the blue sky background.

Also, thanks for the tires for the Jeep/Lexus :)

never
10-24-2014, 11:00 AM
It's a great start...the promo listing is a nice touch.

01RedDX
10-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Joe-G
10-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Looks good!

lee88
10-24-2014, 11:13 AM
:clap:

v2kai
10-24-2014, 11:15 AM
:bigpimp:

looks sweet. i agree about the cart text. just framing it with a white box to add contrast would help

Speed_69
10-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Nice! Love the wheel studio.

pheoxs
10-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by A790
Consider making the logo/shopping car/account text easier to see against the blue sky background.

Also, thanks for the tires for the Jeep/Lexus :)

Agreed, I'd suggest not having the sky portion there and do something else, either black with different colored text or something.

Otherwise looks good :thumbsup:

n1zm0
10-24-2014, 11:26 AM
I know it's brand new but some of the wheels are stated as one size but the picture shows what looks to be 20 inch rims :D

Still I like the front right angle of the viewer, way better than some others where they just show the side and the colour choices are spot on with oem, for what I tried out anyways :thumbsup:

tirebob
10-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
I know it's brand new but some of the wheels are stated as one size but the picture shows what looks to be 20 inch rims :D

Still I like the front right angle of the viewer, way better than some others where they just show the side :thumbsup: Yeah unfortunately it is a generic wheel studio feature so it doesn't compensate the photos for size. Again, hopefully that is something the development company will work out as time goes on.

tirebob
10-24-2014, 11:30 AM

Also, thanks for the tires for the Jeep/Lexus :) I see that now and will ask them about that... Good eye!

And thanks for your business AND the beer!!! :drool:

shakalaka
10-24-2014, 11:52 AM
How about an option of booking appointments? I might be ready with two vehicles for mounting and balancing of winter tires next weekend and an option to book an appointment would be nice.

A790
10-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by tirebob
And thanks for your business AND the beer!!! :drool:
:D

My TPS figured itself out btw on the way home. It kept yelling at me until I was about halfway down Deerfoot, and then it just stopped and everything was suddenly better... lol!

tirebob
10-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
How about an option of booking appointments? I might be ready with two vehicles for mounting and balancing of winter tires next weekend and an option to book an appointment would be nice. Unfortunately when you are a small shop like us, giving customers the ability to book jobs without having to directly communicate with us leads to lots of issues. First off, when people have the ability to control their own appointments, they book times just to have them and then don't show up for a variety of reasons. Secondly, people don't know the subtleties of all the different models of cars, so this leads to people booking 1/2 hour when 1.5 hours might be needed etc. Lastly, the vast majority of people do not know what they need no matter how much internet research they do, and it takes someone like me asking questions and steering them in the right direction or they end up with stuff that is completely wrong for them. I am old school in that I like to talk to people.

I actually HATE the internet generation of purchasing. I only had a website made to give customers a few tools and to finally stop the question of "when are you going to get a website???" Hahaha! I still want to be a hands on business and never want to get away from that. Quite frankly, it is one of the key things that makes us stand out from the competition. We actually give a crap what people are doing to their cars more than simply trying to extract as much money as possible as quick as possible...

eglove
10-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Nice, love the preview wheel function!

A790
10-24-2014, 02:03 PM
We actually give a crap what people are doing to their cars more than simply trying to extract as much money as possible as quick as possible...
So did you send that guy with the 2015 GTI home with steelies or mags? :D

tirebob
10-24-2014, 02:05 PM

So did you send that guy with the 2015 GTI home with steelies or mags? :D Hahaha! He bought a mag package... Poor guy didn't see you coming! Hahahaha!

guessboi
10-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Looks great Bob! Welcome to the 21st century. :D

A790
10-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Hahaha! He bought a mag package... Poor guy didn't see you coming! Hahahaha!
Awesome! I assume my commission cheque is in the mail? ;)

tirebob
10-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Awesome! I assume my commission cheque is in the mail? ;) What is this MAIL thing you speak of??? :burnout:

shakalaka
10-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately when you are a small shop like us, giving customers the ability to book jobs without having to directly communicate with us leads to lots of issues. First off, when people have the ability to control their own appointments, they book times just to have them and then don't show up for a variety of reasons. Secondly, people don't know the subtleties of all the different models of cars, so this leads to people booking 1/2 hour when 1.5 hours might be needed etc. Lastly, the vast majority of people do not know what they need no matter how much internet research they do, and it takes someone like me asking questions and steering them in the right direction or they end up with stuff that is completely wrong for them. I am old school in that I like to talk to people.

I actually HATE the internet generation of purchasing. I only had a website made to give customers a few tools and to finally stop the question of "when are you going to get a website???" Hahaha! I still want to be a hands on business and never want to get away from that. Quite frankly, it is one of the key things that makes us stand out from the competition. We actually give a crap what people are doing to their cars more than simply trying to extract as much money as possible as quick as possible...

Fair enough Bob, I am going to PM you instead then.

CompletelyNumb
10-25-2014, 12:59 PM
This might be me being picky, but the title of your search results pages starts with your phone number, making the tab show only that when there's multiple open. Just a nuance really.

Also PMing you for tires.

tirebob
10-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

Also PMing you for tires. Try calling me at the shop tomorrow. I have issues getting back by written correspondence these days. Just not enough time in the day!

FullFledgedYYC
11-08-2014, 08:48 AM
Congrats on the website guys, looks great! I will be sending you even more people now!

Gabe182
11-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Been to Bob 3 times now, He's the best!

Really like the website, the wheel studio is one of the best I've seen.
The only issue I've had with it is when I go to style, it asks if I want base rear or base front. I feel like there could be a better option for style.

I need to come see you for some TSW Nurburgrings to throw on the CL55.