PDA

View Full Version : LF upholstery guy, F350 leather seat

gyromonkey
10-26-2014, 06:05 PM
Hey Beyonders

I have a 2008 Superduty that I have swapped a Lariat Interior into, The original Lariat drivers seat was beat up pretty good so I ordered a new base cover, I have it on the the foam but am pretty stumped on how it all latches in place

I was hoping some body here knows of a guy or place that would do this, I have a second set of seats so I could just drop it off and not worry about the truck taking up space

Please PM me

s dime
10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Try cascade van

heavyfuel
10-27-2014, 12:37 AM
http://www.degreeve.ca/

These guys did the whole interior in my Duramax and both seats in my Dodge. Highly recommended!

Rat Fink
10-27-2014, 04:45 AM

gyromonkey
10-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
The cushion cover is hooked around the edges using "j-hooks". Once you unhook them you can roll the edges off of the cushion. From there, you will have a few rows of hog rings holding the cover into the cushion that can be opened up and removed with pliers and then the cover can be removed. Keep an eye on your seat heater element for burnt spots and replace it if you have any. I would check the element with an ohmmeter and replace it if it's shot. Cheap to do at that point. Installation of the new cover is easy, just need new hog rings and hog ring pliers

Any Ford dealer can do it too. It's a regular common thing to replace those and not something that has to be saved for a specialty shop

I was Able to remove the cover on my cloth seats but it appears that i was not the first. the Hog rigs where ripped out of the foam, So I'm am not 100% sure how it all went together. I may give it a try over the weekend if not I will give the guys listed above a call. The heated seat pad in the Lariat seats does not work but the cloth seats i have before work so will have to swap those over

Thanks guys

Ryan