PDA

View Full Version : 1 day shipping from Amazon?

16hypen3sp
10-30-2014, 12:32 PM
I just ordered a Schumacher 1.5amp battery maintainer and was given the option of 1 day shipping which I selected. It says guaranteed delivery of Friday, Oct. 31.

You guys think it will be here tomorrow?

I have been dealing with this old, god awful Motomaster charger and I think its toast.

zipdoa
10-30-2014, 12:46 PM
I think so

adamc
10-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Thread of the year candidate.

Tik-Tok
10-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Amazon.ca, yes
Amazon.com, no

16hypen3sp
10-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Amazon.ca, yes
Amazon.com, no

Interesting. I used amazon.ca so hopefully it shows. Will it arrive via UPS or Purolator?

I have never used Amazon before so I have no idea what to expect.

lasimmon
10-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

For your item to arrive tomorrow.

Tik-Tok
10-30-2014, 01:57 PM

Interesting. I used amazon.ca so hopefully it shows. Will it arrive via UPS or Purolator?

They're pretty good with shipping, I've only ordered 2 or 3 times with them, but each time the initial "expected delivery" was 5-7 business days, and they all showed up in 3.

If they have it in stock, it'll be there ASAP.

CompletelyNumb
10-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Fastest shipping of any online retailer I've ever shopped at. I pay for Amazon prime, get almost every item within days. 1 day shipping is always 1 day.

SOAB
10-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Amazon as a whole is an awesome company. There has been 2 times where they refunded me some money a month after I received an order because they overcharged me duty.

their shipping times are generally very accurate as well.

Tik-Tok
10-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SOAB
Amazon as a whole is an awesome company. There has been 2 times where they refunded me some money a month after I received an order because they overcharged me duty.

They do that as a company policy, they purposefully overcharge on shipping, that way there isn't an unexpected cost at the door, and people refuse to pay the delivery guy, gets shipped back, etc. etc.

This way you never have to pay at the door, and you get a "refund" to make you happy.

SOAB
10-30-2014, 02:25 PM
doesn't really matter in my eyes. their shipping prices are already fair and i'm happy to pay it. if I get something back, its a bonus.

Aleks
10-30-2014, 02:42 PM
I buy things on Amazon all the time. I always select free shipping and typically it takes a week or so. Have never had a bad experience with them.

blairtruck
10-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I buy things on Amazon all the time. I always select free shipping and typically it takes a week or so. Have never had a bad experience with them.
same results for me. but everything on amazon.ca that i need is always twice the price as amazon.com

CompletelyNumb
10-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
but everything on amazon.ca that i need is always twice the price as amazon.com

That can be frustrating for sure. I have it shipped to my father in Washington though if it's not something I need urgently. Still cheaper to go for a visit and grab a bunch of loot than to pay the .ca prices sometimes.

supe
10-30-2014, 03:40 PM
You guys need to get on the prime wagon, it will change the way you shop.

If you have prime you get free 2 day shipping on everything prime. If by chance an item does come late, just let them know and they will give you a month of prime for free (I think what they do is just push your expiration date back a month). Shopping without having to worry about shipping price and the comfort of knowing when your item will arrive is nothing short of amazing.

Matty_10
10-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Also for anyone who's a student they are/were running a promotion for 6 months of free prime.

schocker
10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by supe

If you have prime you get free 2 day shipping on everything prime. If by chance an item does come late, just let them know and they will give you a month of prime for free (I think what they do is just push your expiration date back a month). Shopping without having to worry about shipping price and the comfort of knowing when your item will arrive is nothing short of amazing.
All of my 2 day shipping items have arrived the next day, it is awesome. Well worth the price for the convenience, wish we had the streaming though.

sneek
10-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by schocker

All of my 2 day shipping items have arrived the next day, it is awesome. Well worth the price for the convenience, wish we had the streaming though.

In the last year I have ordered 200+ items from Amazon and I have yet to get one late! My coworkers get me to buy things for them on Amazon because they get free 2 day shipping and I get points.

SportEL
10-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Can you not buy off Amazon.com and have them ship it to Canada? I guess you would be paying in US dollars but that might be offset by lower cost, plus their selection is larger.

blairtruck
10-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by SportEL
Can you not buy off Amazon.com and have them ship it to Canada? I guess you would be paying in US dollars but that might be offset by lower cost, plus their selection is larger.
many dont ship to canada. if they do sure. order from .com

KO22
10-31-2014, 09:00 AM
2 day free shipping for Amazon Student if you're in UNI... it's great, just got all my roof rack stuff (fairing/rack/snowboardrack) yesterday and I ordered Tuesday.

?????
10-31-2014, 11:42 AM

They should have provided you with a tracking number. Check your order status on your amazon account. They should have also emailed you a tracking number.

Originally posted by blairtruck

many dont ship to canada. if they do sure. order from .com

If they do ship to Canada it will be from Amazon Global Priority. You pay for shipping but all the cost including duties are calculated in the shipping cost. If they pay less on actual duties they will even refund you the difference even if its $0.02.

When shopping on Amazon you have to remember not everything is sold and shipped from Amazon. There are a lot of third party sellers. Some do the shipping themselves and some are fulfilled by Amazon.

16hypen3sp
11-01-2014, 02:26 PM
UPDATE: UPS stopped by yesterday afternoon and dropped it off. 1 day shipping holds true.

Khyron
11-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by supe

The catch is 80$ per year. I have ordered tons of stuff via Amazon.ca and never paid shipping unless it was something routed from the states and I would have paid via ebay anyway. 6-7 days for free - fine by me. It's like paying a yearly fee for a credit card - no way.