PDA

View Full Version : Need right front (passanger) Fender for 1986 Trans Am

Darkane
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Looking for a place to buy a new one locally preferably.

Best Lead I have is David T's in edmonton for an OEM reproduction for $323 without shipping.

Anyone know of a place in town here? Hard to find because it needs to have the bottom extractor Vent and ground effects mounting holes.

Please inform me. Thanks

Hallowed_point
10-30-2014, 01:59 PM
David T is the biggest shiester around when it comes to f-body parts and pricing.

I'd bet it would be cheaper to have a fender shipped from USA. Honestly, I'd scour Kijiji and or Ebay. Those cars aren't overly rare or exclusive. Although that is a common location for rot.

JfuckinC
10-30-2014, 02:04 PM
try

Car-parts.com

Darkane
10-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
David T is the biggest shiester around when it comes to f-body parts and pricing.

I'd bet it would be cheaper to have a fender shipped from USA. Honestly, I'd scour Kijiji and or Ebay. Those cars aren't overly rare or exclusive. Although that is a common location for rot.

My model of car is Rare, very rare. Only seen one like it.

The body parts are specific to the Trans-am 85-86 models and tough to get.

Dave T is expensive yes, but supply and demand I guess.

Best price so far is $200 USD, minus shipping.

So it's just gonna be 350+ converted to CDN.

Darkane
10-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
try

Car-parts.com

You bet, thanks.

One in Edmonton and Grand Prairie.

lee88
10-30-2014, 03:54 PM
gasolinealleyclassiccarparts.com In Langley BC or call and ask for (Gord Bain) he's the owner. Great guy to deal with and has hook-ups all over US :thumbsup:

Hallowed_point
10-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Hmmm..all I know is that David T is a gouger when it comes to parts. He quoted me $2500-$3500 for 4 93-2002 camaro seats haha. And $1200 - $1600 for wheels (same gen) that require refinishing. I'd spend the extra $20 just to spite him..hoarding all the mullet mobiles.

My bad, I figured typical GM carryover from 82-92. For example, my 98 camaro floorpan is the same as the 82. GM was too cheap to retool even though the "hump" for the catalytic convertor is without purpose on 93+! The cat is in a different location. That said, there is something really great about ease of swapping parts with carry over for 10+ years.

Graham_A_M
10-30-2014, 06:36 PM
^ yeah I gave up on David T back when I had my 1990 Trans am GTA. He's fucking awful and horrifically over priced. Both my brother and I vowed to never do business with him. He charges a mint for shit really... complete bullshit

Hallowed_point
10-30-2014, 06:53 PM
^Yeah there is something very wrong with taking affordable performance cars and buying up all the stock to "force" people to go to you. I've never spent a cent on his shyster business due to those two outrageous quotes. I'd bet I could get 4 used 93-02 Camaro seats for well under $2500 shipped from USA and in better condition. At that price, one should be getting high end racing seats (brand new!.) Newsflash David T: most f-body guys (well..third 4th gen) aren't 6 figure + ballers..and even if they were his prices are still out of this world. People like that wreck the car hobby..fucking clown!

never
10-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Aren't his prices on T56s pretty much the same as buying brand new through Summit (I'm going to have to start hunting one down soon for the next project)?

Graham_A_M
10-30-2014, 09:46 PM
^ You can buy low mileage T56's on ebay for $1k-1200 USD IIRC.... its not hard, lots of US auto wreckers pull them out of crashed GTO's or the like.

Also, check out that www.car-part.com for those as well.

Again, I wouldn't waste a second of your time looking for any parts you'd find that David T's may have.