PDA

View Full Version : Japan Quantitative Easing

ZenOps
10-31-2014, 06:49 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11200302/Japan-surprises-markets-with-more-quantitative-easing.html

"The Bank of Japan has surprised markets by stepping up its stimulus programme in a bid to ward off the threat of deflation.

Members of the bank's policy setting board voted 5-4 to extend its already unprecedented target of expanding the monetary base by 60 to 70 trillion yen (£340bn to £394bn) a year. "

Bahaha! One day after the US stops its QE, Japan ramps up theirs. Time to print up some imagomoney and buy cheap assets, lol.

BigMass
10-31-2014, 07:12 AM
this should really be in the other thread where the US "ends QE"... It's a rotation. One stops, the other goes. Then the ECB etc. It's rather a comical representation of the ultimate Ponzi. Expect higher risk asset prices. Stocks, real estate, Rothko paintings, etc. While the middle class continues to get eroded and poor will continue to get poorer.

ZenOps
10-31-2014, 07:17 AM
If I put it in the other thread, it would be too easy to understand what is going on, if it is too obvious people tend to shrug it off as a conspiracy.

Once the US QE is smoothed out, I can imagine asset volatility is up next.

"You can lead a horse to water"

BigMass
10-31-2014, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
If I put it in the other thread, it would be too easy to understand what is going on, if it is too obvious people tend to shrug it off as a conspiracy.

Once the US QE is smoothed out, I can imagine asset volatility is up next.

"You can lead a horse to water"

but everything really IS a conspiracy. Do people really think the most powerful people in the world throw darts at a dartboard and make decisions in an isolation chamber without any specific goal in mind? When a handful of powerful people make decisions that shape the future of humanity you don't think they consider sitting around a table and working with each other on mutually beneficial outcomes? You'd almost have to be insane to not think they do that.

benyl
10-31-2014, 09:27 AM
The real question is:

Should I buy Nickle?

Masked Bandit
10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by benyl
The real question is:

Should I buy the new Nickelback CD?

No.

ZenOps
10-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by benyl
The real question is:

Should I buy Nickle?

Good question. Japan and Germany were not allowed to use nickel as a monetary metal because of the treaty of Versailles.

So technically, its not tied directly to the Yen. Surprisingly, the Yen is more often associated with coins made of aluminum, which float on water.

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Surprisingly, the Yen is more often associated with coins made of aluminum, which float on water.

Tsunami proof. Not to mention your currency will never be underwater. Genius!

Toma
10-31-2014, 01:45 PM
Fancy name for what the stock markets been doing for 100 years. Money for nothing, allows them to buy $5 million companies for $5 billion lol.

Its all a scam.

ZenOps
11-02-2014, 07:05 PM
lb4crsGvIaI

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/01/upshot/what-the-bank-of-japans-surprise-move-means-for-the-global-economy.html?_r=0

Its far beyond that. This "emergency" unexpected round of Yen printing is the equivalent of $721 Billion US dollars/year.

To put that into perspective: That is more than enough to buy the entire worlds yearly production of gold ($104 Billion), silver ($14 Billion), nickel ($37 Billion) and copper ($112 Billion).

And still have some leftover to speculate on jumbo takoyaki.

Great holy jeebus that is a lot of digital dollars sloshing around :bigpimp:

ExtraSlow
11-02-2014, 09:28 PM
I once bought some takoyaki, unaware of what it was. What an awful surprise.

eblend
11-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Man, takoyaki is freaking awesome! I love that stuff.

So the real question in all of this....exchange now or hold out longer?

Have to pay back a ¥2200000 loan...

BigMass
11-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by eblend

Man, takoyaki is freaking awesome! I love that stuff.

So the real question in all of this....exchange now or hold out longer?

Have to pay back a ¥2200000 loan...

the yen is on a one way ticket to hell, so hold out as long as possible depending on the interest rate you're paying.

eblend
11-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by BigMass

the yen is on a one way ticket to hell, so hold out as long as possible depending on the interest rate you're paying.

Excellent, I will hold out. The interest paid as a lump sum, so if I pay it off now or later, it's the same number. I still got 5 years to pay off the debt...just don't want to lose the opportunity..I hate forex

flipstah
11-03-2014, 10:12 AM

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, WHORE.

Japan is going to get interesting.

max_boost
11-03-2014, 08:42 PM
I once bought some takoyaki, unaware of what it was. What an awful surprise. You must be white.