PDA

View Full Version : Help: Canadian Emissions Warranty?

colinxx235
10-31-2014, 11:59 AM
I will eventually make a full thread on this with all the details/issues I have going on. But in the meantime I have been trying to search out the regulations or code for the Canadian Emissions Warranty (assuming this information was true?). 8 year/130,000 km is what I've heard, I see it referred to on some other makes sites and on forums but nothing directly linking to the requirement. It is not on the Manufacturers Canadian site for my vehicle.

Wondering if maybe someone here has already had this issue or knows the regulations better. I am trying to find the right google search but it mostly comes up with manufacturers warranty or forums discussing it and often from the US.

Appreciate the help if anyone knows. Thanks.

r3ccOs
10-31-2014, 12:01 PM
i believe the answer is yes

my boss's ML320 diesel had issues with O2 sensors all over the place... so they not only replaced them, but also the cats that they were housed in... well after the bumper/bumper warranty

colinxx235
10-31-2014, 12:10 PM
^

Yah my current issue is both Cats have seized, I'm ~2.5K kms off the 4/80 warranty. The bill is not very nice... car is undriveable etc. But currently looking for the regulation information to push back against them.

Tik-Tok
10-31-2014, 01:12 PM
From reading several different manufacturers warranty guides on emissions, I'd say if there is one, it's only 3 years, and even then only if you live in an area where you'll get fined for not passing and emissions test.

Going catless is pretty cheap, any exhaust shop can do it for $100. Just be sure they make the bung for the 02 sensor deep enough that it won't trigger the CEL.

colinxx235
10-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
From reading several different manufacturers warranty guides on emissions, I'd say if there is one, it's only 3 years, and even then only if you live in an area where you'll get fined for not passing and emissions test.

Going catless is pretty cheap, any exhaust shop can do it for $100. Just be sure they make the bung for the 02 sensor deep enough that it won't trigger the CEL.

Oh you would think going catless is cheap... until you find out that they sit above your transmission and it requires between 16-18 hours labor to remove and replace the tranny. I have checked into quite a few details, at this point my only hope is finding the emission warranty regulation that I see on some websites/forums. I might have to talk to AMVIC and see if they can help but it is not going well :(

Iqoair
11-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Also depends why your cats are failing. Emissions warranty won't cover failed cats due to engine misfire (P03xx) codes. If the car is not driveable, I can only assume it was misfiring to the point where it melted the crap out of your converters.