PDA

View Full Version : Dry Calgary Air

chathamf
10-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Lived here off and on for the past 10 years, and was never really bothered by the air this time of year. Last winter, and already this year it is really getting to me.

For people with out humidifiers built into their homes, do you guys just run various humidifiers throughout the house? I have one that I run in my bedroom, and it does make it a little better but I still find the air in the house takes a toll on me.

I've seen the ones at Costco that just go over the vents. Anyone have any experience with these? Any other remedies for coping with this dry air?

88CRX
10-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Have a humidifier installed on your furnace :dunno:

ExtraSlow
10-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Nasal irrigation helps quite a bit.
http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.jpg
IMG]

chathamf
10-31-2014, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Have a humidifier installed on your furnace :dunno:

I rent. Are these expensive, or easy to install?

revelations
10-31-2014, 03:21 PM
I would ask the landlord - it should almost be standard in every home here.

In my condo I ran a portable hot water humidifier 5 months of the year - but since my office was at 5-15% humidity (during the coldest times), it was a lost cause as I would still get nose bleeds in the office constantly during winter.

phreezee
10-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Get a fish tank, mine works for the whole house. :)

chathamf
10-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by revelations
I would ask the landlord - it should almost be standard in every home here.

In my condo I ran a portable hot water humidifier 5 months of the year - but since my office was at 5-15% humidity (during the coldest times), it was a lost cause as I would still get nose bleeds in the office constantly during winter.

Pretty sure there is none in here that I can see. The house has been owned by an older Asian couple and by the looks of things are pretty cheap. Don't think anything has been changed in this place since it was built (Edgemont). I would imagine I'd have a hell of a hard time getting them to pay for a humidifier. Almost rather do it myself and remove it when we leave.

chathamf
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by phreezee
Get a fish tank, mine works for the whole house. :)

Does it really work that well? I was planning on getting one actually, but I don't know how big. Doesn't seem that bad in the whole house, but when the bedroom doors are closed at night and the heat kicks in it seems to get really bad.

shutterbug_art8
10-31-2014, 05:23 PM
Get a oil radiator heater for the bedroom. Won't try air.