PDA

View Full Version : How to leak sensitive data from an isolated computer (air-gap) to a near by phone

Arash Boodagh
11-03-2014, 09:13 PM
To put this in perspective, one could drop stealth virus infected usb keys outside of a bank where employees have cigarette breaks. They would pickup these keys and eventually use them on the banks computers... infecting them.
Then the virus would key log the infected computers for all type of account logins and access passwords.

Next the perpetrator would go to the bank to do some business while at the same time his cellphone would be ready to collect the recorded information from the infected computers via the VGA cable.

http://www.slideshare.net/mordechaiguri/air-hoppermalwarefinale

2OzTWiGl1rM

killramos
11-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Must be how the Americans infected all of the Iranian Nuclear centrifuges? Put USB keys where the nuclear scientists take smoke breaks!

They will obviously pick them up and plug them into a sensitive isolated computer system. First think i do when I find a USB key is plug it into my workstation!

USB keys don't exactly come in 50 packs at Walmart! Use the ones on the street.

Fly Fishin'
11-03-2014, 09:57 PM
But it might be a USB with the jenifer lawrence sex tape! I have to check

nzwasp
11-03-2014, 10:26 PM
I feel like you might of been watching too much of that </scorpion> program on cable.

BrknFngrs
11-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Arash has rendered our nations security systems useless...

http://i.imgur.com/yRO9z8n.jpg

killramos
11-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
collect the recorded information from the infected computers via the VGA cable.

I got a real kick out of this. Guys the only way to protect yourselves is by upgrading from the video interface atandard that was made obsolete in the late 90's

:rofl:

firebane
11-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by killramos

I got a real kick out of this. Guys the only way to protect yourselves is by upgrading from the video interface atandard that was made obsolete in the late 90's

VGA is far from obsolete :P

G-ZUS
11-04-2014, 08:52 AM

revelations
11-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Im impressed, #2 Arash thread (out of ~2000) that isnt 100% propaganda. This actually has some merit to it.

For years, militaries around the world have been aware of the unused portions of many integrated circuits. For eg many mobile phones use chips that have other functions not used during the regular course of the mobile phones life, but attackers have been known to utilize these unused functions for nefarious purposes (eg turn on microphone on a mobile phone powered down).

The paper looks legit from my limited experience. The references point to sources at Nokia and the USAF (ie. collaboration).

Getting a video card (eg ATI chipset) to send out low-level FM waves isnt that far out to be honest. 13 bits a second though is pretty weak, youre not going to be sending a WORD document that way.

And if I found a USB stick on the ground, the first thing I'd so is see what files are on it to ID who it belongs to. (oops, I might have Stuxnet now)