PDA

View Full Version : Chappie

16hypen3sp
11-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Another one I'm excited for... despite seeing Die Antwoods Ninja and Yo-Landi in it. Going to have to fight through that one... But I gladly will with Neill Blomkamp directing.

watch?v=HhNshgSYF_M

finboy
11-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Looking forward to it, especially because of die antwoord, hope it's better than Elysium

firebane
11-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm a fan of Die Antwoord and this movie looks good.

Its like a modern spin on Short Circuit.

16hypen3sp
11-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Oops I missed the r in antwoords.

403Gemini
11-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by finboy
Looking forward to it, especially because of die antwoord, hope it's better than Elysium

Agree, Elysium was a GIANT swing and a miss. Overly preachy to the point I was on the side of the rich people. I wouldnt like homeless bottom feeders breaking into my house to get my medication, wasn't until the end when you saw how easy it was for the rich people to simply dispatch some drop ships with robots to manage everything... but then you start thinking about population control... also the action in Elysium looked like it was choregraphed by a highschool student and was overly boring and annoying with shakey cam
Skip to 3:45 ... so bland
IJ4zdDtbvmg

Then you watch something like this (Albeit with REAL martial artists...)

GsB3vEkvKww

And you just lose all respect for how crappy a lot of hollywood action is. Least in expendables 1 it had some decent enough hand to hand fight sequences.

ANYWAY, Chappie looks good

16hypen3sp
03-07-2015, 02:12 AM
Not a bad movie but not great either. Not Blomkamps best work and I was expecting it to be a little bit better. Interesting concept.

There is a very brief scene that is straight up Beyonds alley. You'll know it when you see it.

RickDaTuner
03-07-2015, 02:28 AM
lol, this movie had Short-Circuit written all over it... That being said I thought it was a great movie...

Something about Movies being filmed in Jo-berg really attract me, might be that I was able to spend some time there and get to see it first hand. The accents are pretty catchy too.

All In all, I would recommend the watch. :thumbsup:

funkedelic2
03-07-2015, 02:50 AM
District 9 is one of my favorite movies and I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I saw the first trailer. Seeing mixed reviews, I will have to see it for myself tomorrow.

BigMass
03-07-2015, 08:10 AM
short circuit with story elements from Terminator and Robocop. Stick them all in the "movie moneygrab blendotron 5000"

Robin Goodfellow
03-07-2015, 10:56 PM
The pedigree is awesome, but still looks gay as shit.

shakalaka
03-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Is this worth a watch in the theatre or no?

Manhattan
03-07-2015, 11:41 PM
After that piece of shit Elysium I am not watching this director's stuff again.

theken
03-08-2015, 12:41 AM
I saw quite a few previews for this, and it does nothing for me, I will watch it on video, unless I hear awesome reviews for it.

16hypen3sp
03-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Is this worth a watch in the theatre or no?

Probably wait until DVD. It's alright but nothing special.

I wish Blomkamp would just do District 10 or whatever it's going to be.

403Gemini
03-08-2015, 04:07 PM
I just came back from it.

I really enjoyed it. Some obvious product placement (PS4's, Red Bulls, Sony Vaio computers, etc) but it was good. Was a bit preachy at some parts and plenty of references to God, but if you think about it broader than that, people are praying to different parts throughout the movie (A scene where Ninja is praying to his gun, the main character telling Chappie he is his "creator" , so addressing the "where you go when your shell of a body expires was an interesting exploration) - it just went to show how people worshipped different things

Not as high quality as district 9, but much better than Elysium

I'd give it a solid 7.5 out of 10, great effects.

It's amazing what this director can do with CGI that makes you feel very human emotions to non-humans (The prawns in D9, the way Chappie reacts to everything, just very genuine)

max_boost
03-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Not bad not bad.

Was waiting for Hugh Jackman to bust out the claws to scrap Chappie haha

A790
03-08-2015, 06:04 PM
I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. I was also surprised to see so many kids in the theatre as it definitely doesn't seem like a kids movie to me. Tons of swearing, firefights, etc.

8/10. Worth seeing in the theatre.
Definitely satisfying to see Chappie beat the shit out of Hugh Jackman lol

shakalaka
03-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Dammit...wish I hadn't been intrigued by the spoiler tag and read it. lol

16hypen3sp
03-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Hahaha. About the product placements.... I just about jumped out of my seat when they did that slow zoom on the Shark Raw helmet. Like it was on a pedestal or something. I have the same one!

funkedelic2
03-16-2015, 12:23 AM
I feel a bit cheated by this movie. I felt that I didn't watch the movie that was shown in the trailer. It wasn't exactly what I expected, and I think a lot of other people feel that way too. I was hyped to see this movie, and it wasn't horrible but I wouldn't say it was good either.

It could have been a lot better. There was so much potential there. The "gang" characters were beyond retarded and unnecessary.

natty54
03-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Was good till the ending lol. So strange

as for kids, deff not a kid movie. I heard one say "mommy im scared" stupid parents....

nj2Type-S
03-16-2015, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
I feel a bit cheated by this movie. I felt that I didn't watch the movie that was shown in the trailer. It wasn't exactly what I expected, and I think a lot of other people feel that way too. I was hyped to see this movie, and it wasn't horrible but I wouldn't say it was good either.

It could have been a lot better. There was so much potential there. The "gang" characters were beyond retarded and unnecessary.

i'm with you on this one. i REALLY wanted to love this movie. it was OK, but maybe i was just expecting way too much.

firebane
05-30-2015, 09:55 PM
I just watched this movie and throughly enjoyed it. I didn't go in with any expectations and walked out enjoying it a lot.

Definitely give it a shot.

2Legit2Quit
06-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Not bad but I have no intentions of ever watching it again. Little too slow/drawn out for my liking. It was meh overall to me.

Dertz
06-05-2015, 09:00 AM
A lot of whiners that feel stood up Compared to all the other block buster sci fi's coming out or that have come out, this was at least entertaining.
If you are someone that found it boring, what have you seen recently that was worth the ticket price, in the same genre?

Worth the watch compared to a lot of stuff. I.E. Anything Marvel

shakalaka
06-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Watched it in the plane on the recent trip. Enjoyed it, felt like it ended abruptly though but a decent flick.