PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to the Starter Kit - e-cig

barmanjay
11-06-2014, 02:56 AM
An e-cig starter is comprised of a few parts; a battery, a coil, tank and tip.

One of our starter kits is the EVOD kit.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1557504_1501855160080394_8689473685184272095_n.jpg?oh=05d61ed898000ebb19b55570e302a6eb&oe=54D50F24

This specific kit, comes with 2 complete units.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10477346_1501855173413726_3801751876223329974_n.jpg?oh=4b5dbfe2aa8a5c46851e04f20a5aa078&oe=54E9ACB9&__gda__=1424497897_9993c525e177c1b417bc77a9c8739b92

The unboxing shows a usb charger, wall plug and a pack of replacement coils.

Here I also opened the tank to reveal the coil attached to the base of the tank

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10351653_1501855183413725_6346681407264455034_n.jpg?oh=be1bc7046cf86136b8222d809cf89644&oe=54F1665E

To fill the tank, you drip your e-juice down the inside of the tank till you come up close to the top of the center chimney

To replace the coil; just simply unscrew and screw in another.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10354142_1501855203413723_7830776901259316387_n.jpg?oh=a5f50043246ad1a3b95831b501385c13&oe=54EF2CBF

To operate the unit is a quick 5 clicks of the button. The light ring around the button will flash signaling that it has turned on.

To use; depress the button and take a puff. Be sure to keep the button pressed while you inhale.

To turn off, simply click the button 5 times again and the light will flash again.

Many of these units and similar ones also have a safety feature that will not allow you to press the fire button for more than 10 seconds.

They also have a feature that they will not operate with a coil that is too low for resistance - commonly known as 'sub-ohming'

Sub-ohming is used in Cloud Competitions - who can create the biggest vapor cloud under certain build guidelines.

The EVOD 2pc kit is $55.

There are other kits available:

EVOD Blister pack - $29
Itaste Starter - $35
EMOW Starter - $65
EMOW Mega Kit - $85

After this we go into an Advanced Starter with a Mechanical Mod and also with Regulated Mods.

Those I will explain in a different thread.

Any questions?

spike98
11-06-2014, 09:16 AM
I just wanted to chime in as a once beginner vap'er. The EVOD kit is an AMAZING starter kit. Its simple, works well, and produced good vape.

And now a few questions...

1. Do you know where parts for the EVOD kits can be had? Im specifically looking for o-rings as i've used mine so much one has deteriorated and leaks.

2. What lines of juice do you carry at your store?

legendboy
11-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I bought one of these from the store on 32nd. Seems to work pretty good

tawheed
11-06-2014, 09:40 AM
I have a couple of n00b questions, I'm an avid shisha smoker, have been doing it for 10-15 years now. What would I be looking for in a vaping setup to have the most similar experience? Every time I've tried vaping I've felt it's nowhere near as smooth as shisha / hookah.

ercchry
11-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by tawheed
I have a couple of n00b questions, I'm an avid shisha smoker, have been doing it for 10-15 years now. What would I be looking for in a vaping setup to have the most similar experience? Every time I've tried vaping I've felt it's nowhere near as smooth as shisha / hookah.

probably go with a mod, so the quantity of vapor is there... if you want "smooth" go with 0mg nic content, if you want your "headbuzz" go with 3mg, its a little harsh once you first start, but you will adjust to it and its super smooth

with the mods you really dont need a high content juice cause you are creating so much vapor compared to something like this kit.

barmanjay
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by spike98
I just wanted to chime in as a once beginner vap'er. The EVOD kit is an AMAZING starter kit. Its simple, works well, and produced good vape.

And now a few questions...

1. Do you know where parts for the EVOD kits can be had? Im specifically looking for o-rings as i've used mine so much one has deteriorated and leaks.

2. What lines of juice do you carry at your store?

Hey spike98

Thanks for chiming in!
The EVOD kit is a great starter kit, not the bottom of the line and not the top of the line. An easy set up to get started and quite affordable.

1. We dont stock smaller parts like o-rings for the EVOD tanks. Most places will just carry replacement tanks and coils. They are inexpensive and do last a good amount of time.

2. We Carry a few premium e-juice lines.

Cloud Co.
Local juice maker (he may chime in)
Experienced with a refined palate for flavoured scotches and whiskey, now creating complex flavour blends for e-juice.
nic strengths avail: 0,3,6,9

Daimond Dust.
Local juice maker
This line has many of my favourite candy style that I love to vape on a regular basis such as: Jolly Ramcher, Gummy bear, Hawaiian Punch and etc. They also came out with a nutella. Not too bad if you like the hazelnutty/chocolatey type of flavors.
We are the only store in Calgary to carry this line other than purchasing online through economyecig
nic stregths avail: 0,6,12,18,24(special order)

Makemejuice.
Local juice maker
They have been making juice for years. I fancy much of their berry/fruit flavour combinations. There are a few shops that carry their brand. They started strictly online (still sell online) but have been focusing more into the wholesale market for us retailers. One of the better sellers is the tobacco royale - a traditional pipe tobacco flavour.
Wide range of nic strengths: 0,3,6,9,12,18,24(special order)

Biovapes
This is our own brand we are slowly creating. We have a very small lab room in the back of our store where we have started to create a few really great flavours that have people coming back.
Maltysavage - if there is something to compare to, it would be a Wendy's Frosty
Apocolypse - a complex citrusy orang creamsiclish e-juice
nic levels avail: 0,3,6
stronger levels can be made upon request.

I just had a meeting with the creator of Blind Tiger last night - a newly popular brand of e-juice. We potentially could be creating an entirely new line of e-juice for Calgary

Originally posted by tawheed

Hey tawheed,

The best thing I can suggest is to pop by the store and you can try out all the shop tester models we have. Everyone has a special palate for flavour and sensation. Do you puff like a cigarette or do you intake straight into the lungs? Those things will help us determine what best for you to try. Right now, by the sounds of it; I would reccommend a regulated mod with a drip tip or a big dripper. Although we may need to slowly step you up to building your own coils for this. that is starting out a bit more advanced for your refined taste for shisha; the atomizer i would recommend starting with would be our aerotank, aerotank mega, or nautilus before moving you up to an RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer). Amazing airflow. But we have all the parts for you to try before you buy.

Regulated mod - a digital set up (box or tube) that can regulate the wattage and voltage - you should be able to create the right conditions as close to shisha as possible, providing there is an e-juice that you like. Power rating for you, I would suggest going no higher than a 30w mod. Anything higher you would be going into a cloud chasing type of set-up.

I personally like using a Mechanical mod (un-regulated) and an RDTA (rebuildable dripping tank atomizer) - the big dripper.
But currently testing a regulated 50w box mod. I'm finding for regular use, I don't need to go over 30w unless I want to create huge clouds.

Just incase you can't find the Addy:

Evolution Vape

#118, 2323 - 32 Ave NE

11-9 everyday

G-ZUS
11-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Checked you guys out today and ended up getting the EVOD to start up and try it out. The girl working was very patient with us while we tried 100 different flavours and answered all questions we had. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Also, just wanted to let you know of a price discrepancy you have the EVOD listed as $21 on here and $29 in store.

barmanjay
11-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
Checked you guys out today and ended up getting the EVOD to start up and try it out. The girl working was very patient with us while we tried 100 different flavours and answered all questions we had. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Also, just wanted to let you know of a price discrepancy you have the EVOD listed as $21 on here and $29 in store.

Thanks for popping by!

Sorry about the price finger slip,.. I'll make it up to you.

When you come back, say you are part of beyond and we'll hit the discount button! (the girl Sam may not catch on to the beyond discount, but Dave and I will!)

dj_rice
11-22-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm a newbie to this whole vaping scene. I have quit smoking, for about 10 years now and getting one of these Vape kits will just be used for fun and socially.

What kit would you recommend for a newbie like me? I plan on getting the 0mg Nicotine juices as I don't need the buzz anymore and don't think I will fall off the bandwagon. And is it the juices that make more vapour or is it the kit itself?

EvolutionVape
11-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I'm a newbie to this whole vaping scene. I have quit smoking, for about 10 years now and getting one of these Vape kits will just be used for fun and socially.

What kit would you recommend for a newbie like me? I plan on getting the 0mg Nicotine juices as I don't need the buzz anymore and don't think I will fall off the bandwagon. And is it the juices that make more vapour or is it the kit itself? A great option is either the EVOD, or the EMOW/EMOW MEGA kits. Both very easy to use, maintain and durable as well as reliable with replacement parts abundant everywhere.

The vapor comes from how hot, and how much airflow is going through the vaporiser, and the VG (vegetable glycerine) in the juice determines how much vapor is produced. Come by anytime we'd be more than happy to teach you about everything!

dj_rice
11-23-2014, 12:59 AM
Do you guys carry the EVOD2 with Glass Bottom?If so, how much?

For beginners, what is the recommend ratio for the juice?

Yeah I'll be in Calgary real soon and will drop by.

EvolutionVape
11-23-2014, 03:42 AM
Do you guys carry the EVOD2 with Glass Bottom?If so, how much?

For beginners, what is the recommend ratio for the juice?

Yeah I'll be in Calgary real soon and will drop by. We do carry those products, however we're out of stock. As for beginners, there is no set ratio for the juice however there is a set ratio for what device you're using. If you're using a tank, you want 50/50 or more PG...VG will prohibit the proper flowing/wicking because it is more thicker, VG heavy juices are meant for drippers, or tanks like the new aspire atlantis.

When you come in, we discuss the proper nicotine content and get the right number more suitable for what you require.

spike98
11-23-2014, 09:55 AM
My girl runs 100% VG all the time in her protank mini so it will run on a lot more than drippers and the new Atlantis.

Tip: she does this because she is sensitive to PG and it was crapping on her experience.

EvolutionVape
11-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by spike98
My girl runs 100% VG all the time in her protank mini so it will run on a lot more than drippers and the new Atlantis.

Tip: she does this because she is sensitive to PG and it was crapping on her experience. One of our juice suppliers Blind Tiger mixes with VG and Salene instead of PG. You should come down to give it a try and see if she's still sensitive, you get the same 50/50 experience with a small tank, without the side effects of PG.

spike98
11-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionVape
One of our juice suppliers Blind Tiger mixes with VG and Salene instead of PG. You should come down to give it a try and see if she's still sensitive, you get the same 50/50 experience with a small tank, without the side effects of PG.

She is ok right now with the Protank Mini and the 100% VG. Its the aero version so with it wide open it vapes quite well. But we still are going to come down. We are on the hunt for a good RY4.

dj_rice
12-14-2014, 02:41 AM
So I've had my Evod 2 Glass kit for a week and a bit now. I've only used 2 juices so far. Lychee and a Blue Watermelon flavor. But either flavors, I don't taste any flavor at all whatsoever. Both are 0 Nic juices.

Am I vaping wrong? Is the EVOD too weak for flavor? Or is it the juices itself? I would of thought being that its 0 nic, the flavor would be in your face. I'm leaning toward the juice, as when my co-worker vapes, his vapour smells so sweet but with my vapour, its no smell and sorta burned?

**Currently steeping the juices to see if it helps. Tops off, in the pantry, shaking the bottles a couple times a day for a week**

G-ZUS
12-14-2014, 08:44 AM
^ bad coil?

EvolutionVape
12-14-2014, 01:38 PM
So I've had my Evod 2 Glass kit for a week and a bit now. I've only used 2 juices so far. Lychee and a Blue Watermelon flavor. But either flavors, I don't taste any flavor at all whatsoever. Both are 0 Nic juices.

Am I vaping wrong? Is the EVOD too weak for flavor? Or is it the juices itself? I would of thought being that its 0 nic, the flavor would be in your face. I'm leaning toward the juice, as when my co-worker vapes, his vapour smells so sweet but with my vapour, its no smell and sorta burned?

**Currently steeping the juices to see if it helps. Tops off, in the pantry, shaking the bottles a couple times a day for a week**

Two things,

1) Eliquids with nicotine actually promote more flavor. Nicotine is a good flavor carrier.
2) You may have bad coils in your evod. A little evod is definitely not going to have the same flavor/vapor as something bigger with more power and airflow, but it should still taste good. If you're continually having zero flavor with your juices, try a new coil. If that doesn't work, try vaping someone elses device.

There is a thing called vapors tongue where your tongue becomes resiliant to the vapor preventing you from tasting anything. It's a temporary problem and can be fixed by vaping strong menthol or chewing mint gum.

dj_rice
12-14-2014, 03:18 PM

Two things,

1) Eliquids with nicotine actually promote more flavor. Nicotine is a good flavor carrier.
2) You may have bad coils in your evod. A little evod is definitely not going to have the same flavor/vapor as something bigger with more power and airflow, but it should still taste good. If you're continually having zero flavor with your juices, try a new coil. If that doesn't work, try vaping someone elses device.

There is a thing called vapors tongue where your tongue becomes resiliant to the vapor preventing you from tasting anything. It's a temporary problem and can be fixed by vaping strong menthol or chewing mint gum.

Thanks for the help! Will be in town during Christmas week. Hope your open, I wanna grab some juice

dj_rice
12-14-2014, 03:25 PM

Two things,

Thanks for the help! Will be in town during Christmas week. Hope your open, I wanna grab some juice.

As well, should I be cleaning out the tank every time I change juice or just top up with new juice is fine?

EvolutionVape
12-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the help! Will be in town during Christmas week. Hope your open, I wanna grab some juice.

As well, should I be cleaning out the tank every time I change juice or just top up with new juice is fine? Depends what flavors it is. You don't want a fruit flavor to mix with a deserty chocolate type flavor same with menthol or mint. If you're going fruits/candys etc you can just fill 'er right back up and vape away. I only suggest cleaning for potent flavors like chocolates and dark deserts or strong mints and menthols as they tend to linger.

dj_rice
12-27-2014, 12:11 AM
Thanks Jay and Dave for all the help and answers to my questions. Ended up picking a Kanger Subtank and a few juices. Surprising in the experience between premium quality juice and low quality juice!

Hopefully yall will have the Forbidden Frost in 0 mg when I come back to visit again :thumbsup:

Are you guys still going to do the Introduction to Mechanical Mod thread?I'm interested in reading up about that.

barmanjay
01-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks Jay and Dave for all the help and answers to my questions. Ended up picking a Kanger Subtank and a few juices. Surprising in the experience between premium quality juice and low quality juice!

Hopefully yall will have the Forbidden Frost in 0 mg when I come back to visit again :thumbsup:

Are you guys still going to do the Introduction to Mechanical Mod thread?I'm interested in reading up about that.

Thx for popping by!
Was awesome meeting you. You are much better looking than your Avatar!

Thanks for reminding us to do that thread on mechanical mods.

I'll try and get one up this week!