PDA

View Full Version : Mine Site Surveyors - Full time rotations

mmmmm_DSM
11-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Good morning beyond!

I work in HR at Mission Geospatial in Calgary, and we are currently looking for an experienced geomatics technician to join our team as a mine site surveyor.

Here is the posting:

You can email myself (Cam) at [email protected] if you would like to forward an application, or call the office at 403 668 4604 if you have any questions.

Mine Surveyor (Full Time Rotations)

Mission Geospatial – Calgary, AB
Job Identification Number: 141107-MSS

OUR COMPANY
Mission Geospatial Ltd. is a progressive geomatics company based out of Calgary, Alberta. Mission provides geomatics and geospatial information services within Alberta, and on Canada Lands.

Mission holds a strong position in the Alberta Oil Sands industry and takes pride in providing innovative services to meet our client’s needs and exceed their expectations.

We are seeking a versatile, Geomatics Technician to join our high performance team as a Mine Surveyor. We believe a successful organization is made up of successful individuals working towards a common goal and through our experience we have identified versatility as a key factor in an employee’s ability to create success within our organization.

Mission places emphasis on its employees and their safety by providing quality training at the start of employment and throughout their career. Mission is committed to your individual success and will provide assistance to you in taking educational advancement courses.

DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Mine Surveyor will be a full time, rotational position working in the Fort McMurray area. The position will be a fly in/fly out position and will be camp based on a major mine site. The main duties of the Mine Surveyor will include grade staking, measurements for volumetrics and other tasks as required. The position will report to the field supervisor.

This position is highly safety sensitive, therefore we are seeking individuals with a great safety record, and a reputation for reliability.

QUALIFICATIONS
• Geomatics degree, diploma or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years survey experience (Alberta oilfield experience preferred)
• Mine surveying experience would be considered an asset
• RTK operation and troubleshooting experience (Leica preferred)
• Total station operation experience
• GPS data processing
• Class 5 drivers licence
• Safety certificates an asset (First Aid, H2S, WHMIS, ATV Rider, Bear Awareness, etc...)

SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES
• Great safety record and safe work attitude
• Willing and able to work outdoors
• Interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Highly reliable

WHAT WE OFFER
Mission aspires to be an industry leader in overall employee compensation and will offer the successful candidate a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefits package, RRSP contribution matching, wellness account, health spending account, bonus opportunities, paid training and career path planning.

HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can apply by responding to this advertisement with a resume and covering letter.

PLEASE QUOTE JOB IDENTIFICATION NUMBER IN YOUR COVERING LETTER.

Although we appreciate all those who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted