PDA

View Full Version : switching providers

G-ZUS
11-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I am looking to switch over from rogers to koodo. I want to port my number over but still have ~18 months left on the rogers contract. Any way I can get my number onto a koodo plan then have another number put on my rogers account then I can find someone online to take it over.

eblend
11-08-2014, 11:00 AM
It's possible. Did the same thing to my wife a long time ago, don't remember the details but the dude took over my plan and we kept the number. I think you basically add a second number to your system, make the new number the primary number, and then port out the old number, or something like that.

Call rogers and ask, make up some story about moving overseas or something and not wanting to lose your number.

G-ZUS
11-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Will try Rogers and see what they have to say

Mitsu3000gt
11-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Pretty sure they have to let you keep your number no matter where you go, there is just a fee for the transfer.

G-ZUS
11-13-2014, 11:56 AM
:banghead: :banghead: Rogers. Rep tells me its impossible, will have to try later maybe I will get a rep who knows their stuff. :nut:

ganesh
11-14-2014, 10:30 AM
No straight way of doing it.
Ask Rogers to move your current number to Prepaid and then port that to new provider.

ExtraSlow
11-14-2014, 10:34 AM
When switching providers, call your new provider and they can get your number from the old one, or at least, that worked for me last time I did this, which was admittedly a long time ago.

G-ZUS
11-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
When switching providers, call your new provider and they can get your number from the old one, or at least, that worked for me last time I did this, which was admittedly a long time ago.

That way is possible, but that will cancel my remaining contract and I don't want that.