PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Pepper Salsa?

AndyL
11-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Trying to talk my friend into something... Need beyond's help.

She's currently on a mad salsa making spree - (to sell at christmas markets / fairs etc).

I'm saying she should absolutely make a ghost pepper version. She thinks nobody wants a burn your face off salsa.

Would the beyond demographic weigh in please - Good or bad idea?

Tik-Tok
11-09-2014, 11:47 AM
I think a lot of people would buy one as a gift for someone who likes hot.

Disoblige
11-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Whether or not someone may like the actual taste of the ghost pepper salsa, someone who likes hot (like myself) would at least like to try it. So if it taste good (from samples) and has incredible heat, I'd love to buy some.

And the good thing is you could mix it with a different ratio of normal salsa depending how hot you want it to be for you or your guests.

theken
11-09-2014, 12:30 PM
i buy the ghost pepper salsa at safeway almost weekly, so yes

xnvy
11-09-2014, 12:34 PM
^Why have I never seen this?!? Also, I can never find those damn Death Rain chips anymore.

I would love to try a ghost pepper salsa. Would probably melt my face off but would be a fun experience.

theken
11-09-2014, 12:36 PM
it is in the organic section, mrs renfros, they also have a spicy cheese dip, beauty

dirtsniffer
11-09-2014, 12:56 PM
The ms renfros ghost Chili cheese dip is the shit!

16hypen3sp
11-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Personally, I wouldn't buy anything Ghost Pepper.

I tried a Ghost Pepper challenge once with hot wings. Took one bite and I was done.

I do really enjoy an authentic Mexican salsa. I find it tastes really good and a good amount of spiciness starts to kick in after a little delay. My step mom can replicate it really well.

Also, during that GP challenge, some people can eat that stuff with no problem. Pretty crazy to watch.

theken
11-09-2014, 01:06 PM
i have no problems with ghost peppers, most of my salsa if ghost pepper, i think you build a tolerance

Graham_A_M
11-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Id like to try it once, but without having it before, its tough to say Id buy it regularly.

Anton
11-10-2014, 11:56 AM
If she makes it, I'll buy it!

austic
11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
I love that stuff. never notices the cheese dip. will have to look for that

chathamf
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Mrs. Renfros is the shit. They have a habanero version as well that's much more tolerable than the Ghost Pepper. I love spicyness myself, but am starting to find it really kills my insides more than it used to. I can only really go crazy spicy if I know I'll have the next day to lay on the couch and suffer in the comfort of my home, haha.

riander5
11-10-2014, 02:19 PM
The habenero actually tastes good - the ghost pepper one she makes tastes like some nasty bbq shit was dumped in. Heat was great but flavour was terrible. I just went for the habanero after as it was almost as hot and waaayyy better tasting

theken
11-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Id like to try it once, but without having it before, its tough to say Id buy it regularly. I have a half jar that I am eating this week, you could bring over some chips and have a go

HuMz
11-11-2014, 09:10 PM
I'd buy some for sure, I'm addicted to the Miss Renfrews.

DENZILDON
11-12-2014, 02:28 PM
I guess I'm going to Safeway this weekend.

theken
11-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I would suggest, this is just my salsa opinion, make a ghost pepper salsa but offset it with a fruit, there's always mango habanero make something different like a papaya ghost pepper or perhaps banana mango ghost pepper. If you make those I want a jar, on the free basis.

VWEvo
11-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Ghost Chilli salsa is quite spicy no doubt, but make no mistake it is not even close to eating the real thing. theken, have you tried eating an actual ghost chilli pepper? Honestly I can eat really spicy food and I must admit that Mrs. Renfros Ghost Chili pepper salsa is my upper limit of what I can handle. So I commend the fact you can regularily eat it. As for having a real Ghost Chili pepper, I was be very careful if you haven't already tried it.

theken
11-12-2014, 05:16 PM
I haven't come across ghost peppers as a pepper yet in my travels, I have on the other hand eaten many habanero peppers, I also dehydrated 3 or so lbs of them and grinder them to a powder and put that in my soups and what not. I will try a ghost pepper when I find one just to see the difference, I am aware there probably is not much pepper to salsa ratio. I was eating mrs renfros with death rain chips and that was an error on my behalf

VWEvo
11-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by theken
I haven't come across ghost peppers as a pepper yet in my travels, I have on the other hand eaten many habanero peppers, I also dehydrated 3 or so lbs of them and grinder them to a powder and put that in my soups and what not. I will try a ghost pepper when I find one just to see the difference, I am aware there probably is not much pepper to salsa ratio. I was eating mrs renfros with death rain chips and that was an error on my behalf

I swear I'm no exaggerating this, but they probably have a small morsel of the ghost chili pepper in the whole jar of salsa, it is that f'en crazy. If your really interested in trying it, you can order it on the internet, and post the video here on Beyond.
:poosie:

M.alex
11-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by theken
I haven't come across ghost peppers as a pepper yet in my travels,

fyi the booth at the Crossroad's Farmers Market that deals with hot sauces sell them in pepper form.

AndyL
11-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Oh boy... 7 ghost peppers in a small batch.

I was hurting for a good while! I might need to work up my spice tolerance again.

theken
11-18-2014, 11:16 PM
I will go to crossroads